Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sandra Bezic inducted into Skate Canada HOF

All Hail Queen Yu-Na!!!!!! SailorGalaxia518's Avatar

Sandra Bezic inducted into Skate Canada HOF

According to icenetwork, Our favorite person lol Sandra Bezic will be inducted along with six others into the Skate Canada HOF. We all know how much you lover her "colorful commentary". I actually found her enjoyable during the Vancouver Olympics, but i digress.

Congrats Sandra. Can't wait to till next season for you colorful insight

Re: Sandra Bezic inducted into Skate Canada HOF

Wow, this is great news!! Congratulations!! I love this woman!

Her "colorful commentary" aside, she's done a lot for the sport, so ....

Congrats Sandra! (:

(But I still don't like her commentary.)

Custom Title

She never likes the skaters I like.

She definitely deserves it, the sport is better for her work as a choreographer. She did wonders for Stars On Ice - really wish she and her team were still involved with that show. She should come back and revitalize it. We'd not have many memorable routines without her. Casablanca being my all time favorite competitive programs she's ever created.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

I loved the two programs she did for Brian Boitano in 1988-the Les Patineurs SP and the Napoleon & Josephine LP both.

Before that, AFAIR, Brian never really had a choreographer; just what he and his coach Linda Leaver put together. I often wonder what would have happened if Brian had had decent choreography to skate to from the beginning of his career.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-15-2010 at 02:10 AM.

Custom Title

Sandra deserves it! I have always enjoyed her figure skating commentary (if one forgets pairs in SLC) very much. Actually I consider her my favourite commentator. I remember her first from some early eligible competitions in which Ilia Kulik participated. I did not have to suffer from the feeling that Ilia was her biggest favourite skater, but still she found many positive points to mention from his programmes and his skating. The same applied to other skaters, in my opinion. I really like that kind of commentary!
    Last edited by Jaana; 07-15-2010 at 02:22 AM.

While I am not crazy about her commentary work for NBC (especially during the pairs event in 2002 SLC), I think it's great that she is getting this honor, based on her choreography for individual skaters and SOI in general. Congrats, Sandra!

I like Bezic's commentary. She mentions details of music and choreography that other reporters don't comment on, and she is not shy about giving her opinions, good or bad.

Very nice honor for Sandra. She has been involved in this sport for a long time and has worn
    several different hats along the way. Congrats Sandra!

Custom Title

Congratulations to Sandra!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I loved the two programs she did for Brian Boitano in 1988-the Les Patineurs SP and the Napoleon & Josephine LP both.

Before that, AFAIR, Brian never really had a choreographer; just what he and his coach Linda Leaver put together. I often wonder what would have happened if Brian had had decent choreography to skate to from the beginning of his career.
    Back then, it did seem that choreographers were secrets weapons to me. I remember watching Brian Boitano's 1888 Olympic LP, when he landed his 3T/3T combo seeing Sandra jumping up and down with great joy at the boards and again in the kiss & cry. Then Renee Roca received great reviews for her work with Jill Trenary in 1990. Sandra again being recognized for her work with Kristi in 1992. I would like to see a Sandra Bezic "program" today, considering all the Lori Nichols & David Wilson numbers that seem to dominate this era.

On another topic, I typically enjoy Sandra's commentary with one HUGE exception, the 2002 Olympic pairs result. 8 years later and I still believe Anton & Elena were far superior in presentation, speed and choreography than Jamie & David. To listen to Sandra & Scott it was if they have never seen or participated in a close figure skating event before. It was completely over the top.

Back on topic, keep up the good work Sandra.
    Last edited by NYscorp6; 07-15-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by NYscorp6 View Post
    I would like to see a Sandra Bezic "program" today, considering all the Lori Nichols & Brian Wilson numbers that seem to dominate this era.
    I think you meant David Wilson...not Brian Wilson...

But I agree. 1998 Olympics was like the battle of the choreographers. Nichols (Kwan) vs. Bezic (Lipinski), back when Nichols was still original. I personally would have given the nod to Nichols because Kwan's artistic presentation of her programs were superior, but Bezic did a splendid job (with Tara) as well. She should come back...

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    I think you meant David Wilson...not Brian Wilson...

But I agree. 1998 Olympics was like the battle of the choreographers. Nichols (Kwan) vs. Bezic (Lipinski), back when Nichols was still original. I personally would have given the nod to Nichols because Kwan's artistic presentation of her programs were superior, but Bezic did a splendid job (with Tara) as well. She should come back...
    My apologies, I did mean David Wilson, no disrespect intended.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

Well, I like Brian Wilson a lot better than David.

And I'd love to see a dance program to Good Vibrations.

Custom Title

Hooray for Bezic! She's been a tremendous influence in skating, especially as a choreographer. Boitano, Lipinski and also Chen Lu in 1994--gold and bronze in one Olympics!--as well as Underhill and Martini for their 1984 World Gold. Browning throughout his career, Kristi for her Olympic Gold if I recall correctly, and of course many years of gorgeous Stars on Ice routines. She also wrote a wonderful book about skating, which I think is called A Passion to Skate. Congratulations, Sandra!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast