Mirai injured?? | Golden Skate

Mirai injured??

sorcerer

Final Flight
The coming show here in Japan "Olympus presents THE ICE" had Mirai Nagasu on the roster but now it says that Mirai won't appear due to injury.
http://iceshow.jp/

Mirai should be disappointed not coming to Japan and see her grandparents this time.

Does anyone know how she is now?
In any case I hope it's not her ankle again and that she recovers soon.

lilshorty

On the Ice
I have not heard any news concerning an injury, but if it is true, then that sure must be a disappointment for her. I hope it is not a serious injury though, and that she recovers quickly in time for the upcoming season!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I did a Google translation. They say Mirai is injured, but don't give details. She still has a few months to recover before the Grand Prix.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
bad news. I hope it is minor and she won't lose much training time. Mirai has a lot to prove this year and I am eager to see her start off on the right foot.

R.D.

Record Breaker
unless it is major she should be fine by the start of the season. The only drawback is lost training time.

Yes, this is a big year for her. It could potentially be 2009 all over again.

b-man

Final Flight
bad news. I hope it is minor and she won't lose much training time. Mirai has a lot to prove this year and I am eager to see her start off on the right foot.

She has nothing to prove with end of a fine 2009-2010 season. Had a terrific national, only underroations kept her from a second national championship. Had a terrific Olympics with two clean programs. Was badly underscored in PCS, as supposedly had no international competitiion. I guess ISU judges think Bulgaria and Cup of China are domestic competitions. Also, she received no sympathy or home country points. Many, not all, believe she earned a bronze.

In worlds, she threw away an easy bronze, or better. But at least she had one clean program, which is better than the world silver medalist could do. She has shown she can skate with the best.

Wrlmy

Medalist
She has nothing to prove with end of a fine 2009-2010 season. Had a terrific national, only underroations kept her from a second national championship. Had a terrific Olympics with two clean programs. Was badly underscored in PCS, as supposedly had no international competitiion. I guess ISU judges think Bulgaria and Cup of China are domestic competitions. Also, she received no sympathy or home country points. Many, not all, believe she earned a bronze.

In worlds, she threw away an easy bronze, or better. But at least she had one clean program, which is better than the world silver medalist could do. She has shown she can skate with the best.

Mirai is Canadian? What did I miss?
Hope the injury is nothing serious and everything goes well for her..

R.D.

Record Breaker
Wow :love: when did Mirai get so pretty and well spoken and grown up looking? She's a real lady now, so lovely :).

:laugh: people grow up. Besides, it was a special event so all the ladies were "looking" their best. IOW- make-up that makes them look older

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
:laugh: people grow up. Besides, it was a special event so all the ladies were "looking" their best. IOW- make-up that makes them look older

I know, I know, but she definitely looks way different than she did in 08-09, but in the skating dresses, it's harder to tell than when she's wearing real clothes and has her hair down.

sk8rdad

On the Ice
On her Twitter from August 12, she writes she got her wisdom teeth out and she was in pain. Maybe that's the injury we have been reading about.

http://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu

This is very likely the reason, getting wisdom teeth out often comes with a 1-2 week ban on major physical activity. This is to avoid having the clots come out resulting in "dry socket" which is very painful (not that the basic surgery isn't).