Mirai injured?? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mirai injured??

sorcerer

Final Flight
Mirai's injury was "known" in mid-July so this is not her "known" injury.
It might be that I should write "unknown" injury, but whatever...

I would guess it was something related to her ankle.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Maybe it was already scheduled then, socerer? If there's more injury, please provide evidence.

sorcerer

Final Flight
Maybe it was already scheduled then, socerer?
You mean to schedule taking out a wisdom teeth one month prior?
I've never heard of such a thing (but maybe just me), and also "The ICE" show was late July.
If there's more injury, please provide evidence.
I thought I read somewhere that she still has occasional pain in her ankle.
What I only have is the above near-evidence that it's probably not her tooth.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I've never heard of such a thing
(but maybe just me), and also "The ICE" show was late July.

In the USA, not only possible but also typical to schedule non-emergency surgery for wisdom teeth one month in advance. I hope this is the "injury" that's been talked about, and not something more directly relevant to skating.

sorcerer

Final Flight
As a thread starter I should have shown the original Japanese word "kega" which means injury but excludes dental disorder like having to take out wisdom teeth.

The organizer of "The ICE" announced "kega" as the reason for Mirai not showing.

sk8rdad

On the Ice
I've never heard of such a thing (but maybe just me), and also "The ICE" show was late July.

We scheduled DS about a month in advance so that the recover fell in the off time between spring and summer training. I also know other athlete who have done this as well when possible. Without more detail it's only speculation that this is the reason for pulling from the show. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
As a thread starter I should have shown the original Japanese word "kega" which means injury but excludes dental disorder like having to take out wisdom teeth.

The organizer of "The ICE" announced "kega" as the reason for Mirai not showing.

Oh I'm getting nervous now. She's had ankle injuries before, right? But didn't she mention careless training then? I wouldn't think she'd train carelessly when she's the "future" of the sport, ready to explode on the senior scene.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Tweet from Phil Hersh:

Just learned skater Mirai Nagasu, 4th in Oly, has been off ice about 6 weeks with stress frac in foot. Supposed to be back by Sept. 1

The good thing is that she's definitely being smart by staying off the ice. 6 weeks seems like a long time, but her GP events aren't until November. If she's back by September, she will still have 2 months to get ready. I wonder what this means for Champs Camp though.. I know she's there but is she skating?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Poor Mirai. Isn't it strange that Mirai has the same injury that kept nagging Evan these past two years. I hope this isn't a recurring thing for her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Tweet from Phil Hersh:

The good thing is that she's definitely being smart by staying off the ice. 6 weeks seems like a long time, but her GP events aren't until November. If she's back by September, she will still have 2 months to get ready. I wonder what this means for Champs Camp though.. I know she's there but is she skating?

Too bad, but she has time to recover. She really doesn't even have to be in tip-top shape until late January, but it sure would be nice to have a comp or two prior to that to get the jitters out.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Too bad, but she has time to recover. She really doesn't even have to be in tip-top shape until late January, but it sure would be nice to have a comp or two prior to that to get the jitters out.

Sorry to hear of Mirai's injury. I guess this means she will have to skip the Japan Open?

It would be nice if Mirai was in top shape by her second GP event - or sooner. But you are right and being ready for Natls is the most important thing.

Get well well soon and Go Miraiiiiiiiiiiiii

ETA: I was so looking forward to seeing Mirai's new programs and to see her at The Japan Open.
Here is a nice montage a fan of hers made and for now it will have to do.
How adorable is this girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4F1327B-os

Last edited:

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Sorry to hear of Mirai's injury. I guess this means she will have to skip the Japan Open?

It would be nice if Mirai was in top shape by her second GP event - or sooner. But you are right and being ready for Natls is the most important thing.

Get well well soon and Go Miraiiiiiiiiiiiii

ETA: I was so looking forward to seeing Mirai's new programs and to see her at The Japan Open.
Here is a nice montage a fan of hers made and for now it will have to do.
How adorable is this girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4F1327B-os

Actually,you don't see Mirai on JO commercial. I don't know what that means though.
And as far as I know, Mirai plans a show in USA at the same day of JO.

janetfan

Match Penalty