Zawadzki plans for success | Golden Skate

Zawadzki plans for success

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Scott Hamilton has often professed that the most difficult triple jump to execute is the one right after a fall. Fifteen year-old Agnes Zawadzki might not know much about that, as she has been one of the most consistent jumpers in the last season.
More

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Agnes skated an extremely strong LP to win the Ladies A LP section at Liberty this weekend, using a medley of folk songs. She finished second to Ashley Wagner in Ladies A in the SP with a strong performance. Her LP included a 2A3T with the 3T fully rotated and triple flip and triple lutz executed off the correct edge and fully rotated. She kept up good energy through the end of the program. She has a jockette vibe to her skating, rather like the young Kimmie Meissner, but did have a feel for the folk music in her LP. I did not see her SP and so can't comment on it.

Sylvia tweeted the following about what the Protocols said on Agnes' LP

Zawadzki protocol: 2A-3T, 3F, FSSp4, 3Lz(fall), LSp4, 3Lz-2T, 2Lo, ChSp, 3S, 3T-2T-2Lo, SlSt2, CCoSp. +GOE on all except the 2 jump errors.

(the 2 Loop was planned as a 3 Loop). It's worth noting that she received level 4 on her spin, as level four is more difficult to attain in this year's rules are more difficult.

lilshorty

On the Ice
Great interview. Agnes is so confident, steady, and cool. :thumbsup: It's great that she addresses her weaknesses which are her skating skills (edges), but I also think she needs more work done on her speed. I heard Ashley landed a clean lutz in her sp at Liberty. She and Agnes were only separated by a few points. I'm interested to see how things work out for her on the senior gp circuit this season.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
Thanks for this article!

:)

I really look forward to seeing Agnes next season on the senior circuit!

:rock:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I think her only weakness now is her speed and her consistency. I hope she can address both because I think she's the best hope for the US in the next few years.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the article. Have never seen her skate before but it appears it won't be much longer until I see her on TV anyway.