Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thornhill (Figure Skating Boutique) Summer Skate - August 12th - 15th

Rinkside
    I received an e-mail from Skatebuzz this morning--they are waiting for the footage from the video operators, and hope to have it loaded into the archives by the end of this week.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lorna View Post
    I received an e-mail from Skatebuzz this morning--they are waiting for the footage from the video operators, and hope to have it loaded into the archives by the end of this week.
    Thanks! I was wondering if you knew whether or not viewing the skatebuzz archives is free. I know that watching the event live was, but I'm not sure about the archives.

Custom Title
    Don't know for sure about free access, but I don't think Skatebuzz has ever charged $$ for anything in the past...not yet, anyway.

Custom Title
    Did Nobunari Oda compete in this competition? If so, does anybody happen to know how well he did?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Nobunari withdrew, citing an injury. The men's SP was skated last night. It was won by Maciej Cieplucha, the Polish National Champion, who gave an interesting program with a 3/3, but popped his loop to a double, and I believe singled his axle.
    http://www.skatinginbc.com/Images/co.../srmenshr.html

Liam Firus was seond, Patrick Wong third.

Ronald Lam imploded, and skated as though his program and he were not yet ready for prime time. The sr ladies SP's I saw all were pretty terrible, with falls and pops on most of the jumps. The Jr Pairs long, sr men's long, ladies long and Sr pairs long will be skated today, and are available on skatebuzz as streaming video live.
    Thanks!

Custom Title
    I think dorispulaski meant to post the above (her post #35) in the BC/YT SummerSkate thread. Oda did withdraw from Thornhill.

Belatedly... here's a blogger's impressions and photos from Thornhill:

Summer Skate 2010 (Part 1) - includes action photos from Christina Gao's SP

Summer Skate 2010 (Part 2) - includes off-ice Joubert shots

Summer Skate 2010 (Part 3) - includes photos of the top Senior finishers

Pj Kwong's blog: Catching up with Christina Gao (August 15, 2010)

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm wondering if anyone has any info from SkateBuzz on the Thornhill Summer Skate being posted in archives yet..or any other site where one can watch...thanx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3