Thread: When does Jenny Kirk skate again??

Tripping on the Podium

When does Jenny Kirk skate again??

I can hardly wait to see how she skates next after that wonderful second place at SA. Have I already missed her? I have not seen any other postings of her skating anything else yet???

GO JENNY:D

Tripping on the Podium
    Oops! I see a post about JK on down the thread list. So, her next skate is NHK? correct?? Is that in Japan?

Yes, she will skate at NHK in Asahikkawa, Japan, next week (Nov. 26-30). She already has 9 Grand Prix points for her second place finish at Skate America, so she could make the finals with a strong showing here. Lots of strong competition, though.

I was hoping that she might skate as a substitute in the Winter Challenge coming up in Detroit on December 5, since so many skaters are dropping out due to injuries. (Jenny lives just a few miles from the venue, so she could jump in at the last minute, maybe, if Irina was not able to perform, say.)

Mathman

Tripping on the Podium
    OH yeah! Can't wait. I hope there will be lots of imfo on the boards as the competition proceeds from those that are attending it live and reporting for those of us who won't be there.

We will just have to keep our fingers crossed that JK does it again.

Custom Title
    I'm "Gifted but Modest" (hint-hint) on FSU
    Mathman, Jenny is doing the USFSA event. It would also be great if Shizuka had been invited, but I missed getting a definite answer on that. If I see her again soon, perhaps I'll ask.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    NorthernLite ... is there a list somewhere of who is currently scheduled to compete? I had not heard that Jenny would be there, but it is great news!

NorthernLite, if Jenny AND Shizuka both compete, that will just knock the top off the beauty meter. Do you know if Irina is definitely out? What about Alexei Y.?

Mathman

Custom Title
    I'm "Gifted but Modest" (hint-hint) on FSU
    if Jenny AND Shizuka both compete, that will just knock the top off the beauty meter.
    Absolutely! Jenny is incredibly striking, and Shizuka so darling. Factor Fedor (and Craig and Larissa) into the mix, and I'd say the Onyx would do quite well in an inter-rink beauty pagaent.

I haven't seen official list. That's why I made a point to ask a couple people about JK and SA. Shizuka would def be more interesting than Sokolova. (And now there's a rumor that Irina's still sick...)

Also wonder about men. Want to see Matt or Ryan. Or Joubert or Abt or Lambiel. (Unfortunately, re: Euro skaters, this event's first priority is promoting USers. Prolly why no pairs/dance - there's more U.S. singles to headline.)