Who among the Ladies has a 3-3 this year? | Golden Skate

Who among the Ladies has a 3-3 this year?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Just starting a thread given all the chatter about 3-3 combos elsewhere on this forum.

So far the reports state:

Christina Gao did a 3F-3T at Skate Detroit.
Agnes Z. did a 3T-3T at the Broodmoor Open.
Ashley Wagner is attempting to do a 3F-3T as well.

Someone mentioned in the Yuna news thread that Mao's looking to do a 3L-3L. That would be interesting considering that no one has done that combo in a while. (Tara Lipinski is the one famous for that one, of course).

Any other reports?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Angela Wang landed a 3Lz+3T with positive GOE in the Junior Ladies Final (FS) at Liberty, as well as a 2A+3T with positive GOE (both are new combinations for her this season). She placed 7th in Junior at 2010 US Nationals.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Liza T, Polina A, Polina S all have 3lz-3t (or used to)

Ksenia has 3t-3t and according to Johnny does 3lz-3t in practice

Mirai has started trying for 3lz-3t and has a very solid 2a-3t now

Laura I assume will continue to do her 3t-3t

Miki might try for 3lz-3lo again now that the UR rules have changed

Rachael has 3f-3t and is working on 3lz-3t according to Tom Z

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm very excited to see how competitive the Ladies get with the jumps now that underrotations are finally graded more fairly. I think this would be the best layout for Mirai:

3Lutz-3Toe
2Axel-3Toe
3Flip
---------
3Lutz
3Sal
2Axel-2Toe-2Loop
3Loop

MKFSfan

Medalist
Is Mirai adding a 3 salchow to her LP this season? She actually presents some issues for maximizing jump points if she hopes to include a 3lz/3t in her LP and no salchow. Her combos last season were 3lz/2/2, 2ax/3t and 3lp^2ax. Then she'd have solo 3lz, 3f and a 3rd 2ax. If she does the 3lz/3t, 2ax/3t, 3fl, 3lz, 3lp^2ax, that is only 5 jumping passes.

Hope she is adding a salchow!

But I bet we end up seeings 3lz/3t in the SP and for the LP:

3lz/2t/2lp
2ax/3t
3f
------
3lz
3lp
2ax

((with 2toe aded to one of the solo jumps))

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
With the new rules, I do expect more ladies to be trying 3/3s than before. Obviously Yu-na will plan (and land) her 3/3 if she competes in March. Mao will probably plan a 3/3 in the freeskate at least. Mirai and Caroline will both be trying them on and off, so will Rachael. I expect Ashley to try them only if her other jump issues are completely straightened out.

Miki will try the 3 lutz/3 loop in the freeskate barring injury.
Laura had a 3/3 last year.
Carolina usually tries her 3 flip/3toe

I don't really expect Gao to be trying the 3/3 internationally, but she might at Nationals.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't really expect Gao to be trying the 3/3 internationally, but she might at Nationals.

I think she most definitely will try the 3-3 on the JGP, she has stiff competition and if she can land it consistently it will help her immensely. She may not go for it in the SP all the time where it's more risky and 3lo is not her best jump, but in the LP I think she will definitely at least try for the 3f-3t. Also, according to that icenetwork article, she is also working on a 2a-3t for her LP.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I can see Laura, Kanako and Agnes doing them. I want to see Miki, Mao and Ashley bringing their's back.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think she most definitely will try the 3-3 on the JGP, she has stiff competition and if she can land it consistently it will help her immensely. She may not go for it in the SP all the time where it's more risky and 3lo is not her best jump, but in the LP I think she will definitely at least try for the 3f-3t. Also, according to that icenetwork article, she is also working on a 2a-3t for her LP.
ahh Yes, I forgot Christina was only doing the junior GP. for some reason i thought she was moving up to seniors.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
All Russian young girls except Anna Ovcharova who will be at the JGP have 3-3:
Polina Shelepen 3Lz-3T, 3S-3T (and she has 2A-3T and also did 3F-3T-2T and 3F-3Lo)
Polina Agafonova 3Lz-3T (did 3S-3T at Russian Nationals)
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 3Lz-3T (and 2A-3T-2T)
Adelina Sotnikova 3Lz-3Lo, 3S-3Lo (and 2A-3T)
Sofya Biryukova 3T-3T
Kristina Zaseeva 3T-3T

Also Alena Leonova, she has 3T-3T and working on 3F-3T

prettykeys

Medalist
The technical outlook for ladies figure skating has never been so good...especially when those young Russian gals hit the circuit and add to the current elites. With the exception of Midori Ito, I think this will be the most technically advanced era yet. Yay, CoP! :biggrin:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
The technical outlook for ladies figure skating has never been so good...especially when those young Russian gals hit the circuit and add to the current elites. With the exception of Midori Ito, I think this will be the most technically advanced era yet. Yay, CoP! :biggrin:

Hooray to young girls (and boys) who set higher goals for themselves as well. :D

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
In Germany we have 3 Ladies who land a 3-3 in competition ...

Sarah Hecken 3T-3T - normally its really sure and really clean
Julia Pfrengle 3T-3T - first and only time she attempt it was Junior Worlds last season and it was good!
Isabel Drescher 3T-3T - not really secure but she can do it, and after the coaching change last season she also attempt 2A-3T ... hope to see her more secure this season

Pfrengle and Drescher will skate on the JGP circuit again.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
All Russian young girls except Anna Ovcharova who will be at the JGP have 3-3:
Polina Shelepen 3Lz-3T, 3S-3T (and she has 2A-3T and also did 3F-3T-2T and 3F-3Lo)
Polina Agafonova 3Lz-3T (did 3S-3T at Russian Nationals)
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 3Lz-3T (and 2A-3T-2T)
Adelina Sotnikova 3Lz-3Lo, 3S-3Lo (and 2A-3T)
Sofya Biryukova 3T-3T
Kristina Zaseeva 3T-3T

Also Alena Leonova, she has 3T-3T and working on 3F-3T

According to this article http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/gpf_4.shtml Ovcharova has a 2a-3lo combination. I don't think she's ever done it in competition yet though, but hopefully this season she'll include it in her programs.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I don't think any skater has ever done a 2Axel-3Loop in competition, actually. Putting the 3Loop on the end of a Double Axel is quite difficult but it's not a move anyone had any purpose to attempt under 6.0 judging since it isn't actually a 3-3 combination and anyone who is good enough to do a 3Loop in combination with a Double Axel consistently can probably do the 3Loop on the end of at least one type of Triple jump.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't think any skater has ever done a 2Axel-3Loop in competition, actually. Putting the 3Loop on the end of a Double Axel is quite difficult but it's not a move anyone had any purpose to attempt under 6.0 judging since it isn't actually a 3-3 combination and anyone who is good enough to do a 3Loop in combination with a Double Axel consistently can probably do the 3Loop on the end of at least one type of Triple jump.

Joey Russell did it at canadians in 2009. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeR3qBjG93M
And actually I wouldn't doubt Anna could do this combination, and I assume she is working on 3-3lo combinations as well (maybe 3f-3lo as 3f seems to be one of her stronger jumps). She definitely gets more flow out of her 2a than her other triples though so it would make since she could already do that combination back in december.