Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who among the Ladies has a 3-3 this year?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kasia16 View Post
    I guess I missed sth. What are new regulations concerning URs?
    A Triple jump is worth 70% if it is underrotated (less than half a turn), rather than being scored as a Double.

Custom Title

Re: Who among the Ladies has a 3-3 this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    All Russian young girls except Anna Ovcharova who will be at the JGP have 3-3:
    Polina Shelepen 3Lz-3T, 3S-3T (and she has 2A-3T and also did 3F-3T-2T and 3F-3Lo)
    Polina Agafonova 3Lz-3T (did 3S-3T at Russian Nationals)
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 3Lz-3T (and 2A-3T-2T)
    Adelina Sotnikova 3Lz-3Lo, 3S-3Lo (and 2A-3T)
    Sofya Biryukova 3T-3T
    Kristina Zaseeva 3T-3T

Also Alena Leonova, she has 3T-3T and working on 3F-3T
    According to this article http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/gpf_4.shtml Ovcharova has a 2a-3lo combination. I don't think she's ever done it in competition yet though, but hopefully this season she'll include it in her programs.

I don't think any skater has ever done a 2Axel-3Loop in competition, actually. Putting the 3Loop on the end of a Double Axel is quite difficult but it's not a move anyone had any purpose to attempt under 6.0 judging since it isn't actually a 3-3 combination and anyone who is good enough to do a 3Loop in combination with a Double Axel consistently can probably do the 3Loop on the end of at least one type of Triple jump.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I don't think any skater has ever done a 2Axel-3Loop in competition, actually. Putting the 3Loop on the end of a Double Axel is quite difficult but it's not a move anyone had any purpose to attempt under 6.0 judging since it isn't actually a 3-3 combination and anyone who is good enough to do a 3Loop in combination with a Double Axel consistently can probably do the 3Loop on the end of at least one type of Triple jump.
    Joey Russell did it at canadians in 2009. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeR3qBjG93M
    And actually I wouldn't doubt Anna could do this combination, and I assume she is working on 3-3lo combinations as well (maybe 3f-3lo as 3f seems to be one of her stronger jumps). She definitely gets more flow out of her 2a than her other triples though so it would make since she could already do that combination back in december.

Custom Title

Well, I think we can safely say that Christina Gao has a 3-3. A gorgeous triple flip-triple toe, as promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeXZZ...layer_embedded

I saw a video of Miki doing it in practice before the Olympics. Now I can't find it on YouTube.

skating philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Well, I think we can safely say that Christina Gao has a 3-3. A gorgeous triple flip-triple toe, as promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeXZZ...layer_embedded
    It was amazing! So much distance. Also is it me or is Gao look totally different? I want to say she's grown a few inches, but I think she's about the same height as last year. Maybe she has more muscle?

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    It was amazing! So much distance. Also is it me or is Gao look totally different? I want to say she's grown a few inches, but I think she's about the same height as last year. Maybe she has more muscle?
    Icenetwork now has her listed as 5'2", last year she was listed as 5'1", so she's grown a little, but not much, I think more her body is changing into a more mature one and so her torso looks more in proportion to her legs than before.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Joey Russell did it at canadians in 2009. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeR3qBjG93M

And actually I wouldn't doubt Anna could do this combination, and I assume she is working on 3-3lo combinations as well (maybe 3f-3lo as 3f seems to be one of her stronger jumps). She definitely gets more flow out of her 2a than her other triples though so it would make since she could already do that combination back in december.
    It was underrotated. So, nope, nobody has done a 2Axel-3Loop combination in the history of the sport yet (AFAIK).

Custom Title

It was underrotated. So, nope, nobody has done a 2Axel-3Loop combination in the history of the sport yet (AFAIK).
    Well, maybe Anna will be the first . And if she does do that combination and it gets ratified all the people who complain about how bad her jumps are will be eating lots of crow. GOOO ANNA ! I love that girl so much - so musical, so charismatic, so happy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    All Russian young girls except Anna Ovcharova who will be at the JGP have 3-3:
    Polina Shelepen 3Lz-3T, 3S-3T (and she has 2A-3T and also did 3F-3T-2T and 3F-3Lo)
    Polina Agafonova 3Lz-3T (did 3S-3T at Russian Nationals)
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 3Lz-3T (and 2A-3T-2T)
    Adelina Sotnikova 3Lz-3Lo, 3S-3Lo (and 2A-3T)
    Sofya Biryukova 3T-3T
    Kristina Zaseeva 3T-3T

Also Alena Leonova, she has 3T-3T and working on 3F-3T
    Oh my. Russians really aren't kidding about Sochi aren't they?

After Russia's disastrous outing in Vancouver, where I personally feel they should have been completely shut out of the medals, I would certainly hope not.

Custom Title

Miyabi Oba went for a 2A-3Lo combo at one local competition in March. It was a step-out but fully rotated. There was a video on YT covering the competition (not sure still available).

http://www.skatingjapan.jp/local/200...s/data0305.pdf

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    And if she does do that combination and it gets ratified all the people who complain about how bad her jumps are will be eating lots of crow. GOOO ANNA ! I love that girl so much - so musical, so charismatic, so happy
    I'm your friend, Anna is my favourite Russian skater.

I hope, Mirai and Mr. Carrol will include 3L-3T in her FS.
    Last edited by Eris; 07-27-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I'm your friend, Anna is my favourite Russian skater.

I hope, Mirai and Mr. Carrol will include 3L-3T in her FS.
    Me too. Anna is very good friends with Elena Ilynihk who thinks that Anna is actually the best of all the young Russian female singles skaters right now .

And I hope Mirai goes for 3lz-3t in SP and FS, I think she is totally capable. Wishing her a speedy recovery from her injury!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast