Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 111

Thread: Who among the Ladies has a 3-3 this year?

  1. #61
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    The technical outlook for ladies figure skating has never been so good...especially when those young Russian gals hit the circuit and add to the current elites. With the exception of Midori Ito, I think this will be the most technically advanced era yet. Yay, CoP!
    I find this humerous. The technical outlook may be great as to how many will attempt it this year. For the record, it was an everyday matter of routine for a little lady from Japan 30 YEARS AGO !!!!

  2. #62
    The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleveland Heights, Ohio
    Posts
    594
    Why is no one doing combos with 3Lo second?

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    Why is no one doing combos with 3Lo second?
    They are harder to get ratified. But with the new rules we may see Mao, Miki, Adelina, and Anna attempting 3-3lo combos this season.

  4. #64
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,966
    I won't be surprised if Miki Ando wins the World Championships again. She is a very consistent jumper and has been held back by her 3Loop combos and Quad Salchows receiving no credit. Mao Asada may need another year to perfect her new technique and Yu-Na Kim is going to be under an incredible amount of stress (new coach, one who will almost surely be sub-par in comparison to Orser, and her first big competition in an entire year) if she ends up competing at all.

  5. #65
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I won't be surprised if Miki Ando wins the World Championships again. She is a very consistent jumper and has been held back by her 3Loop combos and Quad Salchows receiving no credit. Mao Asada may need another year to perfect her new technique and Yu-Na Kim is going to be under an incredible amount of stress (new coach, one who will almost surely be sub-par in comparison to Orser, and her first big competition in an entire year) if she ends up competing at all.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that happened either. With Joannie most likely out, Yuna not having competed in a year and dealing with the drama, new coach, lack of motivation after winning olympic gold, etc, Mao amidst a transition year, and Mirai losing much of her valuable summer training time to injury, I would be surprised if she wasn't on the podium. She may not win gold but I expect she will medal, and actually now that you bring this up, the US ladies may have a shot at World medals this year.

  6. #66
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,966
    1. Miki Ando
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Mirai Nagasu

    Is what I shall currently predict for the 2011 World Podium. Given what's been happening in Yu-Na's life, I honestly don't think she will make the podium if she shows up. Competing for the first time in a year and in Japan, her nation's "rival country", without Brian Orser at her side and with the added pressure of needing to change her jump layout in the LP to fit the new season's rules...everything is against her right now.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    I predict

    1. Mao Asada. Now that Kim is gone, the ISU knows Asada is the only one worthy of the title. Her PCS will be off the chart.
    2. Miki Ando. Her PCS will hold her back. She's like the Zhangs in pairs. Technically very strong, always contending for medals, but doesn't have the total package to win.
    3. Laura Lepisto/Carolina Kostner/Rachael Flatt. .

  8. #68
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,966
    I agree Mao is going to have way higher PCS, but I predict she makes enough mistakes to let a clean Miki Ando with huge tech content barely edge her out - just like 2007 Worlds.

    Thereafter, laziness as a result of being World Champion and/or frequent injury as a result of needing to constantly train the Quad Salchow will cause Miki Ando to be off the podium for the rest of her career.

  9. #69
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Thereafter, laziness as a result of being World Champion and/or frequent injury as a result of needing to constantly train the Quad Salchow will cause Miki Ando to be off the podium for the rest of her career.
    Are you calling Miki lazy?


  10. #70
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,966
    She was relatively lazy after winning her 2007 World Title and I predict the same thing if she wins the next World Title. It's only natural to revel in your victories, in comparison to everyone else training as hard as they can to beat you next time.

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I predict

    1. Mao Asada. Now that Kim is gone, the ISU knows Asada is the only one worthy of the title. Her PCS will be off the chart.
    2. Miki Ando. Her PCS will hold her back. She's like the Zhangs in pairs. Technically very strong, always contending for medals, but doesn't have the total package to win.
    3. Laura Lepisto/Carolina Kostner/Rachael Flatt. .
    I really doubt we'll see Rachael on the podium at worlds this season.

    My prediction

    1.) Miki Ando
    2.) Mao Asada
    3.) Kim (if she competes)/Nagasu (if healthy)/Makarova

    Carolina will be a headcase and Laura will double lots of jumps, as usual.

  12. #72
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    You guys assume Miki is going for the Quad Sal in both short and long program? She's not. I don't think she will even attempt it.
    Miki w/out the quad will not edge out Asada. Asada, with multiple mistakes, can get above 130. Miki, clean, is about 126. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

  13. #73
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    You guys assume Miki is going for the Quad Sal in both short and long program? She's not. I don't think she will even attempt it.
    Miki w/out the quad will not edge out Asada. Asada, with multiple mistakes, can get above 130. Miki, clean, is about 126. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.
    I agree. Mao would have to be off her game to lose to Miki these days.
    Mao finished ahead of Miki at Natls, Olympics and Worlds. I see no reason for that trend to change.

    Anything is possible - but I see no reason for Mao to have a bad season. If anything having some good coaching should help with consistency and to clean up some bad habits.

    And we won't have to watch Mao skating to that monotonous music this season either. Even the bad dresses seem to be gone

    My pre-season picks for Worlds:
    Gold - Mao
    Silver - Yuna/Mirai
    Bronze - many possibilties

  14. #74
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,966
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    You guys assume Miki is going for the Quad Sal in both short and long program? She's not. I don't think she will even attempt it.
    Women aren't allowed to go for the Quad in the SP. I think she will definitely do it in the LP, though. It sets her apart from everyone else and she has always made a big deal about that jump. She stopped doing it because it would never get ratified and she simply lost points as a result. But now you get 7.4 points for an underrotated Quad Sal. Miki is definitely going to do this jump.

    I suspect her jump layouts will be 3Lz+3Lo, 3F, 2A in the SP and 3T+3Lo, 4S, 3F | 3Lz+2Lo, 3Lz, 3Lo, 2A+2Lo+2Lo in the LP.

    Mao will do 3A, 3Lo+3Lo, 3F in the SP and who knows what in the LP. I predict her LP jump layout will give her trouble, though, and she won't be able to get it consistent this season. She will likely still try two Triple Axels in the LP.

    Miki will get her 4Sal and her 3-3 combo downgraded in the LP. Mao will get her 3A and 3-3 downgraded in the SP and both her 3A's downgraded in the LP. Since downgraded jumps no longer get hammered, I don't think tech callers will give skaters the benefit of the doubt. If it is borderline, it's getting downgraded. Too bad, so sad, you still get partial credit.

    And Rachel Flatt will never be on the World podium, ever.

  15. #75
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Women aren't allowed to go for the Quad in the SP. I think she will definitely do it in the LP, though. It sets her apart from everyone else and she has always made a big deal about that jump. She stopped doing it because it would never get ratified and she simply lost points as a result. But now you get 7.4 points for an underrotated Quad Sal. Miki is definitely going to do this jump.

    I suspect her jump layouts will be 3Lz+3Lo, 3F, 2A in the SP and 3T+3Lo, 4S, 3F | 3Lz+2Lo, 3Lz, 3Lo, 2A+2Lo+2Lo in the LP.

    Mao will do 3A, 3Lo+3Lo, 3F in the SP and who knows what in the LP. I predict her LP jump layout will give her trouble, though, and she won't be able to get it consistent this season. She will likely still try two Triple Axels in the LP.

    Miki will get her 4Sal and her 3-3 combo downgraded in the LP. Mao will get her 3A and 3-3 downgraded in the SP and both her 3A's downgraded in the LP. Since downgraded jumps no longer get hammered, I don't think tech callers will give skaters the benefit of the doubt. If it is borderline, it's getting downgraded. Too bad, so sad, you still get partial credit.

    And Rachel Flatt will never be on the World podium, ever.
    Wait - on another thread you declared Mao a "master of the 3A." Now you are telling us her 3A's will be not be "masterful?"
    Which is it?
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-01-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •