Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Who among the Ladies has a 3-3 this year?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Are you calling Miki lazy?

At first I'm very glad that you are also a fan of Miki Ando!
    After the World Championship 2007, in fact she wasn't so
    motivated to skate because she had stood in the center of the
    podium, but not only because of that but also because of sadness,
    she couldn't concentrate on skating; her beloved grandmother
    passed away at that season and she says in an interview; " I was
    crying more than 300 days in a year..." People say that Miki is
    too sensitive, but I like her to be sensitive and to be human.
    As I live in Japan, I watch her in various programs on TV. She is
    very natural and a charming young lady.
    I hope this season she will show us brilliant performances, of
    course with Triple-Triple jumps!(^-^)

Quote Originally Posted by mikittyfan View Post
    At first I'm very glad that you are also a fan of Miki Ando!
    After the World Championship 2007, in fact she wasn't so
    motivated to skate because she had stood in the center of the
    podium, but not only because of that but also because of sadness,
    she couldn't concentrate on skating; her beloved grandmother
    passed away at that season and she says in an interview; " I was
    crying more than 300 days in a year..." People say that Miki is
    too sensitive, but I like her to be sensitive and to be human.
    As I live in Japan, I watch her in various programs on TV. She is
    very natural and a charming young lady.
    I hope this season she will show us brilliant performances, of
    course with Triple-Triple jumps!(^-^)
    I had no idea Miki's grandmother had died after Worlds 2007.

And yes, lets hope she shows us brilliant programs this season!

Custom Title
    I didn't realize Miki had lost her grandmother. That would certainly affect her concentration and commitment. I have to say this for Miki: for all the times people have written her off, she's still here and still a contender. She's made it through more than one Olympic cycle and hit the podium many times. That argues a certain level of excellence and a lot of perseverance. I'm glad she's still a possibility for world medals, including the gold. And I'd love to see her do a quad in competition!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I didn't realize Miki had lost her grandmother. That would certainly affect her concentration and commitment. I have to say this for Miki: for all the times people have written her off, she's still here and still a contender. She's made it through more than one Olympic cycle and hit the podium many times. That argues a certain level of excellence and a lot of perseverance. I'm glad she's still a possibility for world medals, including the gold. And I'd love to see her do a quad in competition!
    Thank you so much for your warm comment. Yes, she has lost her father when she was a child and after the World 2007, her grandmother passed away. So she performed "Requiem of Mozart" dedicated to them in the Olympic season. I also appreciate her perseverance, knowing that her life was not always so happy.I feel that through the painful moments, Miki has become more matured and actually I find her smile bright and beautiful!

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Blades was talking about what comes after Miki's imaginary win in Worlds 2011, but prior to such supposition, whether Miki can contend for the gold depends mostly on her jumps in general, not only the 4S, IMO. (Now that the spiral is gone from SPs and value-fixed in LPs, the jumps have more weight in the TES.)
    The other areas she'll show improvement for sure. Miki isn't lazy, we all know.

What prevented her from getting her maximum the last 3 years, as I see it, is that sense of hesitation in her jumps caused by her strategical coach excessively avoiding risks. But now the Olys is over I think Morozov will let things loose this season. Or should I say, I'm hoping so.

When Miki is in good condition, all her jumps are good-looking including those near-clean 4S's in practices, AFAIK. She doesn't have to "concentrate" on her 4S to use it in competition, it's now only a matter of eagerness, as I see it.

And she no longer seems obsessed to make her quad ratified, and the less so, the more she can just jump it whenever she feels fit to go for it; no more of those sense/stress of being obliged or restricted from the outside.
    I hope she really wins in Tokyo, but I'd be dog-happy as long as she shows something really sparkling in her performance. Like that Carmen at Nats '07, or that free skate at Worlds '09, ...
    I'm always waiting for her beaming smile in the K&C.

OT; Glad to see you back, mikittyfan.

On the Ice
    What about Cynthia Phaneuf.? I think she is def strong enough to do a 3t-3t...if not more. If she can do that wow....she is def a contender this year if she is solid. No one can match her expression and quality that commands the ice.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8