Thread: Favorite and Least Favorite Moves from your most beloved skaters!

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar

Favorite and Least Favorite Moves from your most beloved skaters!

I've noticed that a lot of topics on this forum is either about favorite moves from a skater or least favorite moves from a skater, but not usually about both. So I created a thread where we can all discuss what moves from particular skaters make us happy and which ones makes us peeved.

MICHELLE KWAN
    • Favorite: COE Arabesque Spiral (Duh!), Falling Leaf Split, Hydroblading, Edges

• Least Favorite: Cross-grab catch-foot spin (did one at 2000(?) Skate Canada), I-Spin (She attempted one in an old TV special with a former boyband called O-Town.)

SASHA COHEN
    • Favorite: 90% her spins and spirals (i.e. Y-Spin and I-Spin; especially her I-Spin!)

• Least favorite: Her jumps. (Her quad at the 2001 Skate America practice was cool though.)

YUN-A KIM
    • Favorite: Any of her triple-triples; esp. the 3Lz-3T, Layback Ina Bauer, Arabesque Spiral (It’s grown on me)

• Least favorite: One-handed Biellmann spiral (Her leg looks kinda like a jacket thrown over her shoulder), Camel Spin (not the Yun-a camel)

MAO ASADA
    • Favorite: Kerrigan spiral, lightness of foot (jump-wise), Cross-grab catch-foot spiral, Y-Spin

• Least favorite: Sit spin in a shoot-the-duck position, entrance into her axels

CAROLINE ZHANG
    • Favorite: Layback Spin into a Pearl Spin or Layback into a Pearl spin into a Haircutter Spin (see ‘Caroline Zhang JGPF Finale Spin!’ on Youtube)

• Least favorite: I think we all know what this is. =/

MINJEONG KWAK
    • Favorite: Fan spiral (one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen!)

• Least favorite: Falling Leaf Split

SHIZUKA ARAKAWA
    • Favorite: LAYBACK INA BAUER. Period.

• Least Favorite: Arabesque Spiral

SHEN/ZHAO
    • Favorite: Throw jumps! :D

• Least favorite: Their most recent competitive death spiral.

SAVCHENKO/SZOLKOWY
    • Favorite: Throw Triple Flip (even if their landings are a bit off)

• Least favorite: SBS 3T-3T+SEQ and that weird Ina Bauer-Bent Knee-Spread Eagle thing they do for about two seconds in every FS …

**Note: Not intended to be a discussion on style, expressions, presentation or artistry; just technical elements and the like. Hope you know what I mean.

Custom Title

Re: Favorite and Least Favorite Moves from your most beloved skaters!

I love every move that Jeff Buttle makes. He is so graceful.

Custom Title

Plushenko favorite-quad-tirple and camel spin /least favorite-anticlimactic endings

Custom Title

Alissa Czisny
    favorite- Spins, Russian split, charlotte
    least favorite- standard spiral position. Great stretch and amplitude, but the angle is little off.

Mirai Nagasu
    favorite- standard spiral position. Great stretch and superb upper body position.
    least favorite- biellman spin. Not aesthetically pleasant despite flexibility. Same could be said about her ina bauer.

Stephane Lambiel
    favorite- all of his spins. Period.
    least favorite- excessive knee-bend on jump landings