Fairbanks, AK and Gregory/Petukhov | Golden Skate

Fairbanks, AK and Gregory/Petukhov

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This past weekend I was in Fairbanks, AK (for the first time in my life, believe it or not) because Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov were guest stars in the local club's show for the Summer Arts Festival. They had done a week of seminars and there was no way I was missing watching them skate! They were, of course, fantastic as were all of the skaters. I really wish Alaska had a bigger skating program, because some of these kids deserve much more support than they get - and I don't just mean financially.

I'm working on editting and posting photos, but I do have most of the skating photos up (except for most of Greg/Petuk). They can be found at this link - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=238787&id=733500663&l=dd8f962196

If you want to read about my trip (I went with my mom, and she managed to embarass me in ways I never dreamed when she met Denis and called him a hottie. oy!) it's on my blog - http://tonichelle.blogspot.com

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks, Toni. I enjoyed seeing all your pictures and reading your blog about the trip. So glad you got to see/talk to Melissa & Denis, and skating!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks, Gail! :) I enjoyed my time with them. The hope is they will get to come up for longer next year, but that's still just a huge hope. They have big plans to grow the summer program/show. And if that happens they are also planning on a few more 'tourist' days, which I think would be great for them.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
just a heads up that all of the show photos are up on that photo album link, I took quite a few that came out well considering the lighting and the fact that we were sitting up pretty high and I was shooting over the plexi glass.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay for even more pictures! There's even a Disney angle to your trip pics, :laugh:!