Mao Asada news | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada news

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Yes,we'll see the performances of The Ice tomorrow:)
Somebody uploaded the commercial on youtube, check it out!
can't wait to see the whole show.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
For some reason, I can see the videos now. And yes, I agree, it is a lovely exhibition. :thumbsup:

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Still no news about Mao's coach? I guess it won't really matter, though. She did win her two World titles and spend her Olympic season essentially coachless. My hunch is that it motivates her to train even more meticulously (if that's possible).

Iscariot

On the Ice
its seems that her jumps are really improving, from this show her flip looked diferent , the entrance, it was higher and with more flow that DOI, her loop lovely as always.
This programs really is a work of art

camion

On the Ice
I agree. Mao's program gets stronger each time I see it. Her spins had better flow too.

This is great news.

One thing you have to say about Mao: she is disciplined and committed. This isn't someone who gives up and goes home. I hope the upcoming season is equally thrilling for her and for us.

Iscariot

On the Ice
its seems now that her tecnique change a lot, even her 3a looks diferent and her lutz at the end was great to see, erfect edge

Last edited:

pokky_oc

On the Ice
Her new program layout is going to be extremely difficult but rewarding!

http://translate.google.com/transla...s/2010/08/09/01.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

I know... Auto-translate kinda suck...

She's going to put 2 triple axels and 2 triple-triple combinations in the free skate!! And all six triples including salchow and lutz! Also one triple axel in the second half...

So I'm guessing something like this?

3A+2T+2Lo
3Lz
3F+3T
3A
3F+3Lo
3S
2A

Yeah, something like that...

In the short program, she's going for a 3-3 combination and a 3A!

So

3F+3Lo
3Lz
3A

I think it's way to difficult right now but hopefully she masters this layout by 2014!

mcc

Rinkside
I think it's way to difficult right now but hopefully she masters this layout by 2014![/QUOTE]

haha.. hope your dream come true..

dlgpffps

Final Flight

ayayukiituka

On the Ice

http://translate.google.com/transla...s/2010/08/09/01.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

She's going to put 2 triple axels and 2 triple-triple combinations in the free skate!! And all six triples including salchow and lutz! Also one triple axel in the second half...

3A+2T+2Lo
3Lz
3F+3T
3A
3F+3Lo
3S
2A

So

3F+3Lo
3Lz
3A

I think it's way to difficult right now but hopefully she masters this layout by 2014!

This original sound like it is Mr.Nagakubo that wants her to try the most difficult jump layout.
Well, this article doesn't say one 3A is in the second half... where did you read so?

I found this! To me it looks a real Lutz:)
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1079800.gif

Last edited:

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

3A+2T+2Lo
3Lz
3F+3T
3A
3F+3Lo
3S
2A

So

3F+3Lo
3Lz
3A

According to this video, I gather that she's in no rush to get there immediately since she's focusing on her basic jumps first.

I think it's a challenge, but definitely possible, given that she's done programs with 1 triple-triple and 2 triple axels, as well as programs with 2 triple-triples and 1 triple axel in the past.

prettykeys

Medalist
It does...! And the height on it is great.

As for the ambitious layout, it's very difficult, but doable for Mao. :bow: I'm really impressed she's going for it, and I would say she's more likely to achieve it than not. I'm most looking forward to her 3F-3Lo combination, actually. I think I've seen it before, and it's a beauty.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I think that layout is intended to be the goal for Sochi, I definitely don't think we're going to see her come out attempting all that this season. I do think she can have a true lutz by the end of this season, and her 3axel looks a lot better than before. She may even have a rotated 3-3, but it will take a couple of seasons to put it all together for sure.

I'm really excited for her though. If she just stays healthy and everything goes according to plan, she really could be so great by 2014 - technically and artistically, both of which were a tad lacking in Vancouver.