E.R. 11-20-03 Spoilers!! | Golden Skate

E.R. 11-20-03 Spoilers!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Oh my gosh, for those of you who missed it, Romano bit the dust, literally. Having a flaming helicopter land on you had to have been his worst nightmare (and his last). Is anyone just the least bit sorry? 42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
He was a nasty little man. But....I had hopes for his redemption.
Looks like Carter has a new girlfriend. I loved it when the residents had to ask "Nurse" Abby how to do things. When Julianne Margolies left the show I missed her character so much. It has taken me a whiile to warm up to Abby but I am enjoying her this year. What about Susan and her guy? I wonder if Chen is coming back?

Piel

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
My mouth was just hanging open when Romano looked up and saw that flaming helicopter coming right for him! I had hopes for his redemption too but I think they want to get Keri back down to the ER. Romano was not liked by a lot of people. He was annoying but he had his moments IMO. Carter has to get rid of the hoochie mama and get back to be with Abby (I LOVE those two together). Susan and her man are SO cute too! I cried when I saw him get off that elevator with the hurt person from the helipad!! I thought he was on the helicopter adn that they killed him off the show! :( And I am really liking the new nurse they have working there (I forget her name but she's played by Linda Cardelini) and that one doctor who was caught smoking pot should SOOO be gone now!! :eek: Overall, I have been very impressed with ER this year. They almost reinvented themselves and built up the cast again and I think they are doing a great job this season. I look foward to watching it every week again. Wonder when Carter will be coming back to the ER for good?! :eek:

heyang

Record Breaker
What a way to end November sweeps!! excellent episode. The reactions of the staff on a professional and personal level were all played well. How ironic that no one realized that Romano is gone... it'll be great to see the reactions when the new episodes return.

As much as I love the holidays, the re-runs drive me nuts. When will the next new episode be broadcast?

Antilles

Medalist
Carter's honey was Thandie Newton (from Mission Impossible 2). I don't know if she's a permanent addition, but I do know she will be on the show for a while. She comes back to Chicago with him.

I was shocked over Romano. He was an ass, but a good character. It would have been nice if he hadn't been attacked twice by a helicopter.

Corday referred to Chuck as Susan's ex-husband. What's the story there?

windspirit

On the Ice
Antilles said:
Corday referred to Chuck as Susan's ex-husband. What's the story there?
I don't remember exactly how it went, but it had something to do with them spending some great time in bed and eloping some time after that. Then when the things cooled off they realized it was a mistake, and got a quick divorce (or had their marriage annulled?). I remember that he (the character, that is) just showed up in the hospital one day, and -- to everyone's surprise -- said he was her husband. All that was before was told by Susan in retrospective. At least I think it was, because I didn't watch ER regularly then.

As for the question -- is anyone just the least bit sorry that Romano's gone: I sure am. He was one of my favorite characters. I'll miss him. I heard some rumors he's going to die a few months ago, so I kinda knew. I've also heard rumors (actually real spoilers of the new episodes) about Carter, so if anyone's interested... ;)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Romano was my favorite character......he added spice to the show. I love Abby's new defined role. She has become the pivotal character in the show. Even though I love John Carter, I find that I am not at all missing his presence in the ER. I love the chemistry between Susan and Chuck. I think they met in Vegas or Tahoe, got drunk, and got married for a lark........42

Lcp88

On the Ice
I was verrrry relieved to find out Chuck wasn't killed off - he's my favorite on/off character. As for Romano...we'll see. I'll miss his warped humor, but other than that, I'm OK with it.
I'm surprized at how little I'm missing Carter - he was my favorite, but he's sort of taken a nose dive the past two seasons.
Laura

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
E.R. 11-20-03 Spoilers!!

That was a real riveting episode - filled with surprises - including Romano's demise! I was not expecting that.

I miss Carter. I do not miss his on again off again relationship with Abby. It did not seem to be going anywhere.

Great to see some good writing again. Bring on more drama - it's great!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Show wrote:

I love the chemistry between Susan and Chuck. I think they met in Vegas or Tahoe, got drunk, and got married for a lark........42

Almost like the Vegas commercials.
:laugh: :D :laugh:

Piel

Did you guys think that the Romano thing was a send-up of Captain Hook in Peter Pan? The helicopter was the crocodile. After first losing his hand to his nemesis, Romano lived in fear of helicopters, but the helicopter was relentless in his pursuit and got him in the end....Uh, never mind.:laugh:

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yep Piel.......you got that right........;)

Mathman..........nice analogy......but unlike Peter Pan and his tribe, we didn't foresee Romano's exit in a "blaze of glory" (or "gory" perhaps)...............:p 42

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I wonder if Chen is coming back?

I've been following this show on and off, and I'm wondering what is up with Chen? Did something happen to her character or are they just not using her that much?

JOHIO2

Medalist
Mathman,

All this time I thought Captain Ahab and the Great White Whale had dibs on this haunting thing!

I won't watch the ER copter crash....we had a similar incident a few years back in Cleveland where a chopper taking off from a local hospital crashed. Killed the pilot and a nurse and left a paramedic badly injured. Those commercials of the copter falling in flames turned me off. But Romanoff getting offed by another copter.....that one is rich!