Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Short Dance Preview and Virtual Program Nov.5 2:45 am

Custom Title
    Thought P&B did a great job on their Chaplin routine since we first saw it at Nebelhorn. It was a mess then, but cleaned up it's very entertaining. F&S - nothing exciting in their flamenco - another long dress - sigh. This program offers nothing we haven't seen done better before. Kind of liked the Hungarians but appeared sloppy to me - lots of missed holds - looks ragged but should improve with practice. The Russians were boring. R & Hill - Summertime is a sensual dance - not there with such youngsters - need a different program. Hubbells improved but music hurts the ears.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    KKonas, I agree with you!

I do think R&H need another coach ASAP, one who does not endless put them in African themed programs. Not to mention putting them in bad costumes much of the time. Kharis's SD skirt looked like a ball of used pastel kleenex. Asher looked like a jack from a deck of cards, a cheap deck of cards at that.They are supposed to be Cinderella and the prince. Totally wrong looks for that.
    Kharis's dress for the FD was pretty on her, but putting Asher in a wife beater tee shirt with a flapping shirt over it was just wrong. Where is the sexiness in that? They need a coach who can picture them in a wider variety of programs, programs that take advantage of their strengths.

I don't like the Hubbell's music either. The private eye voiceover part was particularly

I think F&S's program will grow on me later, although flamenco has kind of been done to death lately since there were so many flamencos in the OD last year. Not to mention that A&P's flamenco and V&M's flamenco set a very high standard for the genre.

F&S, like the Kerrs, should have arrived at the GP in better shape if they did not want to get passed by the youngsters.

P&B understood this well, and have arrived at the GP in the best shape for the beginning of the season that I have ever seen them.

Actually Re: R/H's costumes - they used music from the Disney's Rogers and Hammerstien's Made for TV Cinderella starring Whitney Houston and Brandy. Their costumes fit that show. The costumes were bright colors (in fact I think Hill's costume is similar to the prince's during the waltz). Brandy was in the classic Cinderella blue dress, but Ralph's dress fits more of the other dancers in the show. So even though it's a little weird looking - it makes sense with the music.

Custom Title
    As a whole, I did not enjoy this SD comp. Only B/S stood out for me (I kinda like the dark side of the Golden Waltz).

Unfortunately, F/S does not look ready at all. I had high hopes for my fair lady and was somewhat disappointed by the music cuts and performance (I'm not bothered by the costume, but we'll probably see a shorter skirt on her next time) BTW, what rhythm is "Rain in Spain"? Was it to be a tango?

As for Ralph/Hill, that was a charming SD. I'm still singing I could have danced all night. The concept of being a fairy tale prince/princess is a good idea, but geez, they look like they dressed in Barbie/Ken castoffs.

I could have danced all night was F/S - R/H skated to "Ten Minutes Ago"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cleopatra20042004 View Post
    As for Ralph/Hill, that was a charming SD. I'm still singing I could have danced all night. The concept of being a fairy tale prince/princess is a good idea, but geez, they look like they dressed in Barbie/Ken castoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I could have danced all night was F/S - R/H skated to "Ten Minutes Ago"
    You're right, my bad. This waking up early is really getting to me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3