Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

So You Think You Can Dance 2010 - Who's Watching?

Loving the auditions so far, mainly because Mary has not been one of the judges!

Can't wait for this show to start up in earnest!

Just an average girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Loving the auditions so far, mainly because Mary has not been one of the judges!
    About halfway through I realized how quiet the show was. Ah, bliss.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Can't wait for this show to start up in earnest!
    Toni, thanks for the reminder, it totally slipped my mind last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie Cut View Post
    About halfway through I realized how quiet the show was. Ah, bliss.
    I know! and it looks like the next rounds of auditions didn't include her either! my prayers have been answered!

Damn it - session timed out after typing in my reply and didn't keep my post.

Mary is not judging this year - she's taking a break and wants to do more choreography. Mia Micheals will be permanent judge this season with Nigel and Adam.

There will only be a top 10 this year. One elimination per week. Each week, the remaining dancers will be paired with a returning all-star to perform in the all-star's specialty. All-Stars are season 4's Twitch - hip hop, Comfort - hip hop, Courtney Galiano - contemporary, Mark Kanemura -contemporary, season 3's Anya - ballroom, Lauren - contemporary, Neil -contemporary, Dominic - hip hop and Pasha - ballroom, season 2's Allyson Holker - contemporary, Ade - contemporary from season 5 and Kathryn - contemporary from season 6. Here are their bio's http://www.fox.com/dance/bios/all-st...n-twitch-boss/

I know that Allyson stopped dancing for a while to give birth to a little boy - I think he's at least 3 yrs old by now. The others have appeared in various shows (i.e. GLEE, one of my favorite shows) or gone on tour as concert dancers.
    Last edited by heyang; 05-31-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: adding specialties

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Damn it - session timed out after typing in my reply and didn't keep my post.

Mary is not judging this year - she's taking a break and wants to do more choreography. Mia Micheals will be permanent judge this season with Nigel and Adam.

There will only be a top 10 this year. One elimination per week. Each week, the remaining dancers will be paired with a returning all-star to perform in the all-star's specialty. All-Stars are season 4's Twitch - hip hop, Comfort - hip hop, Courtney Galiano - contemporary, Mark Kanemura -contemporary, season 3's Anya - ballroom, Lauren - contemporary, Neil -contemporary, Dominic - hip hop and Pasha - ballroom, season 2's Allyson Holker - contemporary, Ade - contemporary from season 5 and Kathryn - contemporary from season 6. Here are their bio's http://www.fox.com/dance/bios/all-st...n-twitch-boss/

I know that Allyson stopped dancing for a while to give birth to a little boy - I think he's at least 3 yrs old by now. The others have appeared in various shows (i.e. GLEE, one of my favorite shows) or gone on tour as concert dancers.
    wow! thanks for the info!!!! I am SO HAPPY that Mary is not on the show as a judge this year! I just couldn't STAND her.

Wow, alot of contemporary dancers.........well, I guess this isn't DWTS after all! 42
    Last edited by show 42; 06-08-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks Heyang, you always have the best info. Yay!!! No Mary...Dee & Toni doing the happy dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Thanks Heyang, you always have the best info. Yay!!! No Mary...Dee & Toni doing the happy dance.
    You're welcome.

Mary only annoyed me when she got screechy and loud. She actually had good advice when she wasn't yelling and I enjoyed how moved she could become by certain performances - the ones that would make her quiet and contemplative.

Personally, I'd prefer at least one rotating judge, instead of 3 permanent judges. I miss some of the viewpoints of dancers/choreographers like Lil' C and Tabitha/Napolean. Then again, I won't miss judges like Toni Basil and Ellen.

You're welcome.
    Personally, I'd prefer at least one rotating judge, instead of 3 permanent judges. I miss some of the viewpoints of dancers/choreographers like Lil' C and Tabitha/Napolean.
    I loved Lil' C, I thought he gave the most honest feedback.

Mary only annoyed me when she got screechy and loud. She actually had good advice when she wasn't yelling and I enjoyed how moved she could become by certain performances - the ones that would make her quiet and contemplative.
    yes but as seasons went she got more loud and screetchy just BECAUSE that was "who she was" that was her "signature thing" that hot tomale crap. That she would scream in Nigel's ear was over the top and immature and stupid and brought down the show. The dancers all got great feedback from other expert judges, her expertise won't really be missed.

My aunt wouldn't watch last season because of Mary, and she loves the show.

as for judges - I like most of the guys. Shane Sparks is one of my favorites as a choreographer and a judge!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I loved Lil' C, I thought he gave the most honest feedback.

I enjoyed his use of vocabulary. LOL

I'm guessing that he's too busy with The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers to be a regular with SYTYCD. I'm sure Harry SHum Jr's role on Glee is helping with the promotion of LXD, especially since they were the opening act on part of the Glee Tour.

OMG he made Lil'C cry.

OMG he made Lil'C cry.
    What was his name???

Maybe it's the same guy with the injured leg. Talk about glorious!!!! Anybody know why he wasn't picked this year??? I was sooooo disappointed that he wasn't...so was he. Just found his name ....Anthony. Why weren't we given an explanation.

I loved watching the Lauren Froderman, her moves are so big

I didn't like them traveling to tell them if they were going to be on the show. For some reason I have a real hard time liking Nigel...so his traveling all over was a waste of time for me.

Also what's with picking 6 guys???

Glad to see that Alex & Billy were chosen after they were all but promised spots last year if they tried out again. The auditions, IMO, were over-loaded with contemporary dancers this season so must have been very difficult deciding who stays & who doesn't.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast