Thread: Do fire and heat affect skaters in Moskau?

Custom Title

Do fire and heat affect skaters in Moskau?

I was just wondering how the Moskau skaters are handling the bad conditions with the heat and the fire. Does ist affect their season preparations? Does anyone have infos?

Custom Title
    Guess just like other people they keep on doing what they have to do. Of corse, it affect preparations, but they work as hard as before. BTW, the situation is getting better. At least in my city (not that far from Moscow), it's much better now

Custom Title
    It's good to hear that things are improving in your city. What a terrible summer. Of course the heat is bad enough, but it's the air quality that can really sicken and kill people. I hope conditions continue to improve.

On the Ice
    The Reed siblings (ice dancers who represent Japan) had moved to Moscow to train, but have recently fled to Milan because the conditions in Moscow were unbearable. Nikolai Morozov and his skaters have reportedly relocated to Latvia.

Rinkside
    Pechalat/Bourzat and Amodio who were training in Moscow fled back to France because of the conditions in Moscow.

Glad to hear the conditions are improving in Moscow, and the surrounding areas in Russia. Sounds like a horrible weather ordeal for all affected.