Yuna's show coming to the U.S.: All That Skate L.A. Oct 2-3 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna's show coming to the U.S.: All That Skate L.A. Oct 2-3

I just watched the video of Michelle. I agree with Mathman. Lovely! She didn't do any big jumps, but I'm happy just for the chance to see her, and she looks fabulous. The nutmeg-ish color is great for her. That was a beautiful Charlotte she did, by the way.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Some funny stuff at Aunt Joyce about the press conference.

http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogspot.com/2010/09/all-that-skate-la-press-conference.html

Don't miss the snide remark made by an ATS representative other than Ms Choi. :biggrin:

And if we are to believe Michelle - her sister is about to join the ranks of today's top choreographers. :rolleye:
Her excessive use of arm movements might make Karen a good choice for Evan and even Plushy in the future. ;)

All in fun......:cool:

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Some funny stuff at Aunt Joyce about the press conference.

http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogspot.com/2010/09/all-that-skate-la-press-conference.html

Don't miss the snide remark made by an ATS representative other than Ms Choi. :biggrin:

And if we are to believe Michelle - her sister is about to join the ranks of today's top choreographers. :rolleye:
Her excessive use of arm movements might make Karen a good choice for Evan and even Plushy in the future. ;)

All in fun......:cool:

Made a mistake of reading the comment section. >____< All that time spent on gossip blogs and youtube has taught me nothing, apparently.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
ummm, by Michelle standards not really.
Thanks for the link though. I watched it out of curiosity but would never want to see it again. For me it's only value was a chance to see Michelle. As to the skating, music and choreo - bleh, and more bleh.

But I am sure many fans liked it and that is a good thing. And if Michelle had fun and enjoyed it that is also a good thing.

I felt really dissapointed the first time I watched it , but watching it now, I really really like it. Perhaps it was because I watched bullitproof first, which I really dont like at all. I dont get it or the music. Way to juniorish for my taste. Michelle still moves in a very alluring and magical way. She still has the ability to reach the people in the nosebleed section with her vibe.

prettykeys

Medalist
Made a mistake of reading the comment section. >____< All that time spent on gossip blogs and youtube has taught me nothing, apparently.
AHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :laugh: :laugh: I loved it! Delish. Especially the hilarious gossippy comments about someone-not-at-the-press-conference and the unspeakable issue about her husband. HEHE!

And here I'll chime in and say: Beautiful YuNa and beautiful Michelle. ;)

parma

On the Ice
The show will be aired live by Korean SBS channel and is scheduled to be aired a week later by NBC! Tentative time of broadcast is 10/10 4:30-6:00PM Est.

lavender

Record Breaker
I wish Michelle would do exhibition programs like she use to do when she competed...can't help but miss those masterpieces although I enjoyed her programs from last year. I really haven't enjoy Yu na's exhibition..I just like her competitive programs.

I wish Michelle would do exhibition programs like she use to do when she competed...can't help but miss those masterpieces...

We will not pass this way again. :cry: I think that skating is not Michelle's number one priority any more, plus, at age thirty, she can't do the jumps that she could do at 17. Even in Michelle's most lyrical exhibition numbers, the technical highlights were a big part of the choreography and emotional impact.

For instance, in the East of Eden exhibition program she did three triples (including 3Lz) and a double Axel, to punctuate all the edge moves that makes this performance a masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS3FntkFAyU&feature=related

But it would be cool to see it she could still put together moves like the three-part spiral sequence that forms the spine of this Lori Nichol gem, or the split falling leaf into a change-edge spread eagle that marks the climax.

Dorothy Hamill was still skating superbly at age 50 -- and she could still do her famous delayed Axel. :clap:

parma

On the Ice
I felt really dissapointed the first time I watched it , but watching it now, I really really like it. Perhaps it was because I watched bullitproof first, which I really dont like at all. I dont get it or the music. Way to juniorish for my taste. Michelle still moves in a very alluring and magical way. She still has the ability to reach the people in the nosebleed section with her vibe.

You kidding, right? I'll send you and the junior skater $100 each through Paypal if you can find anyone who can pull programs like Bulletproof. The program is way over their heads and over most senior skaters'. Gees. You seem disappointed about Michelle's performance, that's fine but why does it have anything to do with other skater's program? :rolleye:

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
you might want to call your local NBC stations to verify the times of the program and the date.
i called in cincinnati and they stated as of now, the tentative start time is 2:30p.m. on the 10th of October which is a Sunday.
local times may vary due to programming etc .

It's going to be on TV? Awesome! Thanks so much for alerting us. Oh, wow. When you think of that line-up--and we ordinary mortals will get to see it.

Everyone, we ought to talk it up so we help increase its audience.

How delightful!

lavender

Record Breaker
I know Mathman.:no:I think Michelle could do the jumps if she wanted but it's so obvious that that's not where her head and heart is at. I know she had to be doing them before she decided to exclusively focus on grad school.

Wanted to add that there was article that said that it took something special to get her back on the ice (for like a show) but I just wonder why she's not interested without the push from Yu na.

Last edited:

parma

On the Ice
I know Mathman.:no:I think Michelle could do the jumps if she wanted but it's so obvious that that's not where her head and heart is at. I know she had to be doing them before she decided to exclusively focus on grad school.

Wanted to add that there was article that said that it took something special to get her back on the ice (for like a show) but I just wonder why she's not interested without the push from Yu na.

I think the answer is within what you said.

Hope David Wilson takes the show director job again for this one.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
You kidding, right? I'll send you and the junior skater $100 each through Paypal if you can find anyone who can pull programs like Bulletproof. The program is way over their heads and over most senior skaters'. Gees. You seem disappointed about Michelle's performance, that's fine but why does it have anything to do with other skater's program? :rolleye:

No, Im not. Love Michelle, bored by Yuna. Thats why we have chocolate and vanilla.

parma

On the Ice
No, Im not. Love Michelle, bored by Yuna. Thats why we have chocolate and vanilla.

Since we are freely expressing our opinions, I felt the exact opposite. I was bored to death from the moment I saw Michelle step on the ice with her Primitive and No One numbers. She was sooooo slooow on ice, barely rotated her jumps and her expression was so minor and forgettable (as you secretly felt but now are in denial). Her programs could have been choreographed and performed way better by any 14 year old junior skaters out there. No wonder she didn't get a single standing O with her new programs at the recent gala show while other skaters like Lambiel, Joubert and Sale/Pelletier got plenty. I do hope things change for her with her Winter Song number at the upcoming show in front of her home town audience because Michelle and her program at the previous show sucked big time and it would be embarrassing if she professes the same mind-numbing boringness again. I mean Michelle is billed as a US skating legend and it is her first US appearance in 4 years. She should mind not to disappoint her adoring fans like you and make them into blaming other skaters mindlessly for her failure to please them.

Well I guess that's why we have vanilla and chocolate.

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Since we are freely expressing our opinions, I felt the exact opposite. I was bored to death from the moment I saw Michelle step on the ice with her Primitive and No One numbers.

As painful as it is for me to admit, I agree. I found that her last year's programs were more memorable than the ones from this year.

But at the same time, I didn't think Yuna's Bulletproof program made any significant "raising the artistic bar" changes in figure skating. No, the cornrows in her hair do not raise the bar for artistic ability or "fierceness" in any way, as someone tried to assert once.

I do love her wardrobe nowadays though.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Since we are freely expressing our opinions, I felt the exact opposite. I was bored to death from the moment I saw Michelle step on the ice with her Primitive and No One numbers. She was sooooo slooow on ice, barely rotated her jumps and her expression was so minor and forgettable (as you secretly felt but now are in denial). Her programs could have been choreographed and performed way better by any 14 year old junior skaters out there. No wonder she didn't get a single standing O with her new programs at the recent gala show while other skaters like Lambiel, Joubert and Sale/Pelletier got plenty. I do hope things change for her with her Winter Song number at the upcoming show in front of her home town audience because Michelle and her program at the previous show sucked big time and it would be embarrassing if she professes the same mind-numbing boringness again. I mean Michelle is billed as a US skating legend and it is her first US appearance in 4 years. She should mind not to disappoint her adoring fans like you and make them into blaming other skaters mindlessly for her failure to please them.

Well I guess that's why we have vanilla and chocolate.

OMG Blasphemy against the Kween. Sounds more like hot sauce than vanilla or chocolate.