Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: competitors

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Fujisawa is definitely a better SKATER than Agafonova. Of course she hasn't got Polina's jump difficulty. But we'll see.
    This field is crazy! I'm rooting for personal favs Fujisawa and Zijun Li to do well! But I predict that Sotnikova and Gao will get gold/silver.
    I don't know if I can even pick a personal favorite or two!

I would love for Zijun Li to do well -- there hasn't been a great ladies single skater from China since Lulu, and it'll be something if Zijun can lead the way to a revival.

I also want both Fujisawa and Goto to do well. They are both such lovely and beautiful skaters in their own way. I am really in awe of the Japanese skaters. They all seem like such hard workers and nice people, and there are *so* many of them that are really good -- I just want all of them to do well internationally and get the recognition that they deserve.

Agafonova is the cutest sweetie pie, I really want to see her continue to shine after last year's JW. I also eagerly anticipate Sotnikova's int'l debut, I hope she finds back her jumps and confidence from a couple of years ago. These two are my favorite of the baby Russians.

I hope to see Christina to continue to improve. Her jumps are phenomenal, such good technique! I hope she continues to make leaps and bounds with her presentation and musicality.

With so many to root for, some are bound to do well and others bound to fall short. Well, I guess it'd be best if everyone skates up to their best abilities (unlike JGP #2!), and then just let the chips falls they may. Then at least they can all feel proud of themselves, and go home knowing what they need to work on.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar

Question Question

On the official website http://www.jgp-austria.com/ it says "Livestream of the event!" but it does not elaborate any further...

Does anyone know if JGP Austria is going to be streamed live on the internet, or I am misinterpreting the words?

Thanks
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Visit the danish figure skating blog www.sequingalore.blogspot.com

Custom Title
    Mmh, there was a live stream ... wait ... it was at the JGP 07/08 ... and I am really sure about that. So we can hope that there is on this time too!

Really hope it, want to see all that talented young girls!

Skating orders and competition schedule are up.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpaut2010/

And the competition website says there's live streaming:
    http://www.jgp-austria.com/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    But I do think that Christina has a good chance of winning both of her JGP's and the JGPF, and then getting on the podium at National's. I have a hunch that this year's National's podium might be Mirai, Christina, Caroline, and Ashley -- in that order. Maybe Rachael will drastically improve, maybe Alissa will finally find some consistency under the new coach, maybe Zawadszki will make leaps and bounds in presentation (as Christina has over the summer, apparently). Well, let's see!
    Christina seems to be improving, but I don't think she will finish above Rachael, Ashley or Caroline. She may finish above Alissa, depending on which Alissa shows up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Christina seems to be improving, but I don't think she will finish above Rachael, Ashley or Caroline. She may finish above Alissa, depending on which Alissa shows up.
    Caroline? Seriously. Caroline finished 11th at nationals this year while Christina finished 5th, and they had about the same numbers of mistakes in their FS! Rachael and Ashley will probably have PCS advantage on her yes, but Caroline has never gotten inflated PCS scores at nationals. Further, if Christina does win a lot of medals on the JGP this season, it will make more of a name for herself and she may get very high PCS at nationals.

And the competition website says there's live streaming:
    http://www.jgp-austria.com/

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Caroline? Seriously. Caroline finished 11th at nationals this year while Christina finished 5th, and they had about the same numbers of mistakes in their FS! Rachael and Ashley will probably have PCS advantage on her yes, but Caroline has never gotten inflated PCS scores at nationals. Further, if Christina does win a lot of medals on the JGP this season, it will make more of a name for herself and she may get very high PCS at nationals.
    Well, we'll see soon enough Christina's int'l season debut. I'm guessing PCS higher than Kristiene & Samantha last week, but not by a whole lot.

And then we'll see Caroline when GP's come around. Wonder how she's doing with her new coach/rink.

Can't wait for the GP's to start!

Custom Title
    Well, we'll see soon enough Christina's int'l season debut. I'm guessing PCS higher than Kristiene & Samantha last week, but not by a whole lot.

And then we'll see Caroline when GP's come around. Wonder how she's doing with her new coach/rink.

Can't wait for the GP's to start!
    At 2009 nationals the commentators talked about how Caroline's "second mark" (PCS) would go up if she skated faster. I think her lack of speed really is the big reason her PCS are usually low, I know her basics aren't the best but even with her basics as they are and more speed her PCS would probably increase. So I hope we see more speed from her this season!

Custom Title
    Please, thats no thread about Caroline, Christina or someone else!!!

Now, there are more informations about the Live-Stream ... yeh ... I will loke all today, ladies tomorrow and all on Saturday. Yeh it´s so cool!

Custom Title

Live stram is already working

they show the pairs practis at the moment. you can only see half of the rink. I hope they change the camera angle at the competition

Custom Title
    Mmh, the stream doens´t work for me ... I hate my PC!

Can someone please say, that at the moment the stream does not work

Thumbs down Poor streaming

My stream is really bad...
    Sometimes the screen goes black, and the sound is not always there. Anyone else experiencing problems or is it because I have a slow internet connection?

mmmmm....Donut spin :) Kimmie Fan's Avatar
    video and audio freezing every 3 seconds. basically unwatchable :(

My streaming is OK now .

No interruptions in picture or sound during the second warm-up group so far. If you have problems with the stream, I suggest you try again. It worked for me, but maybe I was just lucky.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast