competitors | Page 2 | Golden Skate

competitors

Eris

On the Ice
I'm curious to see how Christina, Yukiko and Adelina will do here! I don't know how Yukiko and Adelina look right know, but Christina's progress impresses me so much. She became really beautiful skater.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
I'm curious to see how Christina, Yukiko and Adelina will do here! I don't know how Yukiko and Adelina look right know, but Christina's progress impresses me so much. She became really beautiful skater.

And Polina Agafonova ;) She is Junior Worlds bronze medalist after all, who beat Adelina at Junior Nationals and Christina at Junior Worlds.
Adelina was impressive at the test skates though, I expect her to do really well :thumbsup:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Adelina Sotnikova looked very good at the test skate in Russia. Did a 3Lz-3Lo Combination which was checked by the technichal panel, but all say, that it was really clean!
Polina Agafonava was not in her top form from Junior Worlds last year, but it was reported that her form is OK.

It will be interesting, how Adelina can handle the pressure! It can help her, that there are so many other junior girls who are really great ... and nobody will say "she will easily win it" ...

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
This field looks so strong ... really hope that all the girls can skate their best!!

I am really intresting how Julia Pfrengle will do. One of the biggest talents we have in Germany. Last season she was 10th at Junior Worlds. Especially in the Short she can do really well. She have no Lutz or Flip now, but in the Short she can do 3T-3T!, 3Lo and 2A. She also have strong pirourettes. So, come on Julia and show what you can!

malo42

On the Ice
here is a clip of another japanese skater,Ayumi Goto,who has second 3 and coached by mr.nagakubo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbVfTHSaP1c&feature=related
she has a chance if she does well.

I think Goto could definitely be in the final group... she seems inconsistent and didn't have a lutz last season but 8th at nats is really good! She could come through in the end. I really want Fujisawa to do well, last season wasn't that great for her but I think it's because she has injured her leg during the summer and that kind of threw her off for the whole season. I hope she comes back this season refreshed and lands on the podium!

NMURA

Medalist
I think Goto could definitely be in the final group... she seems inconsistent and didn't have a lutz last season but 8th at nats is really good! She could come through in the end. I really want Fujisawa to do well, last season wasn't that great for her but I think it's because she has injured her leg during the summer and that kind of threw her off for the whole season. I hope she comes back this season refreshed and lands on the podium!

Goto can do the flutz. She landed one at Chubu regionals of last year. Reduction of the negative GOE would make it better than a 3S.

1st place Suzuki, 2nd place Goto
http://www.skatingjapan.jp/National/2009-2010/fs/block4/data0205.pdf

Fujisawa scored 141+ pts at a local competition in August with junior programs. I'm sure she'll do better than last year.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Fujisawa scored 141+ pts at a local competition in August with junior programs. I'm sure she'll do better than last year.

I hope so and think that's likely. However, Graz is a deep field, and even if she skates really well there, she still may finish behind the likes of Sotnikova, Gao, and Agafonova.

shine

Record Breaker
Fujisawa is definitely a better SKATER than Agafonova. Of course she hasn't got Polina's jump difficulty. But we'll see.
This field is crazy! I'm rooting for personal favs Fujisawa and Zijun Li to do well! But I predict that Sotnikova and Gao will get gold/silver.

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
Fujisawa is definitely a better SKATER than Agafonova. Of course she hasn't got Polina's jump difficulty. But we'll see.
This field is crazy! I'm rooting for personal favs Fujisawa and Zijun Li to do well! But I predict that Sotnikova and Gao will get gold/silver.

I don't know if I can even pick a personal favorite or two!

I would love for Zijun Li to do well -- there hasn't been a great ladies single skater from China since Lulu, and it'll be something if Zijun can lead the way to a revival. :love:

I also want both Fujisawa and Goto to do well. They are both such lovely and beautiful skaters in their own way. I am really in awe of the Japanese skaters. They all seem like such hard workers and nice people, and there are *so* many of them that are really good -- I just want all of them to do well internationally and get the recognition that they deserve. :love:

Agafonova is the cutest sweetie pie, I really want to see her continue to shine after last year's JW. I also eagerly anticipate Sotnikova's int'l debut, I hope she finds back her jumps and confidence from a couple of years ago. These two are my favorite of the baby Russians. :love:

I hope to see Christina to continue to improve. Her jumps are phenomenal, such good technique! I hope she continues to make leaps and bounds with her presentation and musicality. :love:

With so many to root for, some are bound to do well and others bound to fall short. :think: Well, I guess it'd be best if everyone skates up to their best abilities (unlike JGP #2!), and then just let the chips falls they may. Then at least they can all feel proud of themselves, and go home knowing what they need to work on.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Question

On the official website http://www.jgp-austria.com/ it says "Livestream of the event!" but it does not elaborate any further...

Does anyone know if JGP Austria is going to be streamed live on the internet, or I am misinterpreting the words?

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Mmh, there was a live stream ... wait ... it was at the JGP 07/08 ... and I am really sure about that. So we can hope that there is on this time too!

Really hope it, want to see all that talented young girls!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
But I do think that Christina has a good chance of winning both of her JGP's and the JGPF, and then getting on the podium at National's. I have a hunch that this year's National's podium might be Mirai, Christina, Caroline, and Ashley -- in that order. Maybe Rachael will drastically improve, maybe Alissa will finally find some consistency under the new coach, maybe Zawadszki will make leaps and bounds in presentation (as Christina has over the summer, apparently). Well, let's see!

Christina seems to be improving, but I don't think she will finish above Rachael, Ashley or Caroline. She may finish above Alissa, depending on which Alissa shows up.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Christina seems to be improving, but I don't think she will finish above Rachael, Ashley or Caroline. She may finish above Alissa, depending on which Alissa shows up.

Caroline? Seriously. Caroline finished 11th at nationals this year while Christina finished 5th, and they had about the same numbers of mistakes in their FS! Rachael and Ashley will probably have PCS advantage on her yes, but Caroline has never gotten inflated PCS scores at nationals. Further, if Christina does win a lot of medals on the JGP this season, it will make more of a name for herself and she may get very high PCS at nationals.

feraina

Record Breaker
Caroline? Seriously. Caroline finished 11th at nationals this year while Christina finished 5th, and they had about the same numbers of mistakes in their FS! Rachael and Ashley will probably have PCS advantage on her yes, but Caroline has never gotten inflated PCS scores at nationals. Further, if Christina does win a lot of medals on the JGP this season, it will make more of a name for herself and she may get very high PCS at nationals.

Well, we'll see soon enough Christina's int'l season debut. I'm guessing PCS higher than Kristiene & Samantha last week, but not by a whole lot.

And then we'll see Caroline when GP's come around. Wonder how she's doing with her new coach/rink.

Can't wait for the GP's to start!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well, we'll see soon enough Christina's int'l season debut. I'm guessing PCS higher than Kristiene & Samantha last week, but not by a whole lot.

And then we'll see Caroline when GP's come around. Wonder how she's doing with her new coach/rink.

Can't wait for the GP's to start!

At 2009 nationals the commentators talked about how Caroline's "second mark" (PCS) would go up if she skated faster. I think her lack of speed really is the big reason her PCS are usually low, I know her basics aren't the best but even with her basics as they are and more speed her PCS would probably increase. So I hope we see more speed from her this season!

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Please, thats no thread about Caroline, Christina or someone else!!!

Now, there are more informations about the Live-Stream ... yeh ... I will loke all today, ladies tomorrow and all on Saturday. Yeh it´s so cool!