Thread: Deleting Membership

Custom Title

Deleting Membership

Hi,

I've been trying to figure this out and have sent messages to the forum administrator but got no response.

How do I delete my membership or account to this forum?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks

we don't delete memberships.

Custom Title
    That's too bad because I wish to delete my membership as well, but thus far I've found two threads in this forum that state what Tonichelle just said.

Oh well, maybe in a few years I will feel differently, but for now, no.

Custom Title

Huh?

This is a joke thread right? What's the difference between just sailing off vs closing account and sailing off? Is there like forced payment??

Why would you want to delete your account in the first place? Email? Switch to a new email you never use and bye bye (if its a distraction from school/work or something?) Number of posts? Email history? Name?

Whoosh.........

^ I think the idea is that sometimes you get so mad that you don't just want to leave, you want to leave in a huff.

It's like when a particular poster annoys you so much that you decide to put that poster on "ignore." You don't just silently click "ignore," you post : "I am hereby putting you on ignore. *CLICK!*

nefertiti..reincarnate
    If you delete a membership on a data system such as this GS, the server will lose all of that member's old posts, and hence the site wiil lose track of the dialogues in the threads kept in the archives, isn't it?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yes, that's right.

Banned
    Some forums have the feature "disactivate the account." Can be done by mods/admins by the poster's request, never by the poster him/herself, to my knowledge. All posts and threads of the said poster are where they are, just his/her username is written with the "Guest" under it. Naturally, after the disactivation the poster cannot log in and post anymore. I am not really sure I follow the reasons why some people request to disactivate their accounts, but I have absolutely no problems with their choice.

What we hope is that down the road they might want to come back.

Edited to add. Especially Wallylutz, who -- if I am the one that drove you away, I'm sorry and I hope you come back.
    Last edited by Mathman; 05-20-2011 at 05:13 PM.