Fedor Andreev and Jana Khokhlova | Golden Skate

Fedor Andreev and Jana Khokhlova

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...okhlova-Andreev-Article..&p=512365#post512365

Icenetwork's most recent article on the Jana Khokhlova/Fedor Andreev pairing says:

that they are skating to Beatles'' Abbey Road album material, including "Oh Darling" for the FD and that they are skating to Russian waltz music for the SD.

Igor always wanted Fedor to try ice dance.

And it hints at a romantic relationship between Fedor & Jana.

The Golden Waltz part of the SD is still not perfected. This is not a surprise. It's a very difficult dance.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info Doris. I have not been following the Andreev and Khokhlova story. Good luck to them.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I love Jana Khokhlova. Always felt her previous partner was not nearly as good technically and held them back. Their gothic and energetic musical interpretations were often interesting, though.

i love to skate

Medalist
I don't know if I see this relationship lasting long term. Fedor has always been a fairly undisciplined skater in regards to training and often loses focus. It will be interesting to see if he sticks it out for four years...

beabstress

On the Ice
I hope it works for the two of them, and that they stick around until the next Olympics at least. I want good things to happen for that darling little Jana! I think she's been on the short end of several sticks in her relatively short (so far) career. The situation sure is unusual, but I hope they can make it work!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I ,too, never felt her partner was her equal...( I'm sure Novitski is a nice guy and tried his best )..But that obvious fact meant that they had to rely on her flexibility to gain attention.Though their programs always contained interesting moves , it was too much for my taste.. entirely overdone. ( There can be too much of a good thing .) She was bent and splayed every which way over and over again in every program and sadly ,it seemed her FD costumes became more and more naked as his fitness declined.. I trust Z/S will allow her a bit more dignity.

True, once again she has a partner who is not her equal in ice dance.. but he has a lot of other skating skills, no physical impediments, top coaches..and perhaps now , the maturity to recognize that success seldom comes easy.

I'm eagerly anticipating.

Last edited:

alithia

Final Flight
It's going to be very interesting.I like Yana she's one of the best dancers in Russia and it was such a pity they went for the same repetitive programs and those insanely strange costumes in the last couple of years..There was a point where you just stopped paying attention to her skating but go:sheesh:at her costumes.
At least Abbey Road sounds promising as an FD,I'm not that sure that Fedor will be able to master the Golden Waltz really soon, but at least they'll have the lifts and other elements on their side.I'm actually getting excited about the Russian Nationals...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They may turn out to be a good team, but I'm confused about one thing - I thought Fedor was romantically involved with TESSA.

Wicked

Final Flight
I wish this team luck and hope they'll be good. I can't wait to see their chemistry. I think these two will really look good together.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's see Fedor skated singles....didn't do well at all, laid on the ice more than not.

Didn't he try pair skating with Jenny Kirk???

Now ice dancing....he may be good at this dicipline.

samba

On the Ice
They may turn out to be a good team, but I'm confused about one thing - I thought Fedor was romantically involved with TESSA.

I wish they were not off ice couple since their partnership may not last long. Wasn't he romantically involved with Belbin few years ago, then Tessa?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Well, before we get all carried away ( fun though it is) , the article actually says that they're not a couple , but that ..on ice..they can play the romantic man / woman thing with a natural ease. ( rough paraphrase of Igor ):biggrin: Marina says they're not a couple now , but who knows in the future , adding that young people are sometimes quick to move in that direction..again,:biggrin:

But she may be being a bit coy, knowing that's what a lot of fans want to believe.

I can believe that as an on ice couple they could be.. I leave it to you to put it together , since I know from experience that I can't use a certain four letter word beginning with s that connotes a certain powerful , often irresistable , appeal / attraction..:rolleye:

Last edited:

Ituriel

On the Ice
It sounds interesting, and I don't like romaaaantic very often. But "romantic chemistry" will be new for Jana, between she and Novitski didn't exist

colleen o'neill

Medalist
It'll be interesting to see what other selections from Abbey Road they use. " Something" would make it completely romantic ... I guess it won't be " She Came in Through the Bathroom Window." or "Octopus's garden.".. " You never give me my money" ?..."I Want You/ She's so heavy" ?.."Come together" ?..Some of the lyrics of the other songs could seem a bit off ,but musically, there's tons of stuff there...Maybe they'll just use the original Beatles recording of "Oh, Darling " , and an orchestral arrangement of the rest...:unsure:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: Very nice photos. Jana's shoes are seriously seductive ( can I say that ?)..in a ladylike way.

Anybody else feel like they're being fed Hors D'ouvres ?