Wylie Gives Retirement the Boot! | Golden Skate

Wylie Gives Retirement the Boot!

Jhar55

Medalist
Very nice article, Paul coming back to skating and a new baby next month. What's that make 5 skating babies this year?:laugh:

CB1AB2

Medalist
A real nice article=I'm happy he is going to skate again=I love his style==and a baby too=that's great=I've met him and he is such a nice person== he'll make a great dad.

cb

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, I like it very much that Wylie is coming back!!! I have missed his skating a lot.

Marjaana

ladybug

On the Ice
Paul, Brian B., and Rudy are my three favorite male pro skaters. Glad to see him come back.

I guess it must be hard to stop doing something you love so much and we all get to benefit from his decision.

Show 42, this should really make your day. It has mine.

Ladybug

Kasey

Medalist
YAYYYYY!!! Lucky folks who get to see him on SOI (not here on west coast). He will always be one of my favorites! One of those rare GREAT skaters who doesn't ever have to jump, and you can't take your eyes off of him.

Kasey

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I am SOOOOO excited!! And I get to see him in the Cincy SOI show from on ice seats!! *dances* He has been missed for sure!! Welcome back Paul!!! :D :D :D :D :D

And his baby girl, Hannah, is due on Dec. 10th. My birthday is the 12th so I am kinda hoping she holds out for a bit!! ;) What a beautiful name though. Congrats to him and Kate!! :D

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tonichelle, Thanks for the article about one of my all time favorite skaters! And I actually may get to see him skate again soon...even better news.

Some how I had lost track of the fact that Paul is 39...somehow I forgot that he is nearly the same age as Brian B.

dpp

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it's because his real successes happened later than Brian's that we all tend to see him as younger LOL I was shocked when I read that... I never made the connection! LOL

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow!!!!!!!!!! Yes........it did indeed make my day.......off to pull out my numerous Paul Wylie tapes..............:D 42

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I think it's because his real successes happened later than Brian's that we all tend to see him as younger LOL I was shocked when I read that... I never made the connection! LOL

True, but I think it may also have to do with Paul's boyish looks. Having a full head of hair in men's pro skating isn't so common these days. ;)

katherine2001

On the Ice
I can't wait to see Scott Hamilton and Friends, so that I can see Paul skate again! He was always one of my favorites.

Also, congratulations to Paul and Kate on little Hannah.