Riedell Skates for Doubles & Axels?? Which ones? | Golden Skate

Riedell Skates for Doubles & Axels?? Which ones?

iceskate*princess

Spectator
Which Riedell skates do you like for doubles & axels? We like them very stiff at the ankles. I have thoughts after looking at them in person but wanted some other opinions. Thanks everyone!

marcopolobear

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Hi,

Well, I am an adult skater at 135lbs and doing singles. The last Riedells I wore were Silver Star and I liked the support in them for only about 9 months, then I felt that they didn't have enough support in the ankles anymore. I tried the 875TS recently and they were too soft (I like stiff ankle support also.) So if I was going with Riedell, I would get their top model (HLS 1500). The thing I liked best about the Riedells is that they required almost no break in for me.

Now I am in the Super Teri CL. They took about 20 sessions to break in but now they are feeling pretty good and I like the support.

Just my 2 cents,

Mark.

dupagegal

Rinkside
Go to Edea.......Most reasonablly priced.....easy to break in.....in hours vs weeks....last longer....much better design....than sp teri, jackson,

vlaurend

Final Flight
Go to Edea.......Most reasonablly priced.....easy to break in.....in hours vs weeks....last longer....much better design....than sp teri, jackson,

That all depends on the skater. I know a young lady who just competed at Senior level in U.S. Nationals whose foot goes numb in her Edea boots, and it was really a problem for her trying to compete last week. She got them last month and she is going to switch to another brand now. I'm not saying they are good or bad, I'm just saying there's no one type of boot that is best for every skater.

Since the original post was dated August 2010, I am assuming the original poster has already bought some boots. Hopefully, they worked out. :)a

Last edited: