Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ladies JGP Courchevel

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Polina's grown up a lot and can still jump, but I find both Yasmin and Roza much more enjoyable to watch, and better all-around skaters. Yasmin especially has a great presence on the ice. Maybe I'm in the minority who see it this way though.
    Well, Yasmin did get the highest PCS in both SP and LP, so the judges seem to agree with you anyway.

But where is Nina? I want to see her programs too!

Custom Title
    I like Sheveleva the most out of the ladies. Yazmin is good, but can be gawky and awkward. Sheveleva's toe jumps are amazing and she's got great speed.

Custom Title
    No, you are not the only one. I also like Yasmins skating. Much presence. But she is so small and thin. There will come the time she will grow and get a "woman", and I am not a fan of her jumps, her technique, especially on the landings is not so good, so I really hope, that she will not get much problems.

Polina really grows. She looks so much bigger and taller than last season. She looks more than a women now and is not so thin than last season. Really impressive that she have all her jumps back again. But her skating is really worse. Her pirourettes for me are better than last season. I really HATE this short programm. Her long is much better, but far away from good. She is young, but there must something happen with her skating very soon!

Sheveleva really impressed me! Looks also much bigger than last season. Her jumps are good, good speed and skating and her pirourettes are also good. Nice girl. Nice to see her at the second JGP again. Hope she can medal again and get a little more points than here.
    Form this 3 girls, she is my favourit!!

Custom Title
    I just saw the vids of the top ladies and i must say i don´t understand the hype aboute shelepen.I don´t like her style (if she has any) and I think her jump technique is weak. If she grows and gains waight she is not going to jump clean anymore. sheveleva to the contrary has really great jumps, but i don´t like her skating either. about silete i don´t know jet. The only program i really liked and had good coreo was the long of Yasmin siarai´s

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdongxie View Post
    Wow, that was very impressive. I can't believe she's only 13! That 3lo was gorgeous and the 3t-3t looked pretty darn good (I know the second jump was marked UR but still). She is progressing very nicely, I really hope she somehow manages to get a 2nd assignment because I think she could definitely medal if she does.

Custom Title
    I love Nina. She is really fabelous. After her worse summer competitions, I think, nobody really believed she will do so well here.
    I also hope she will get a second JGP. Want to see her again.

With Rosa, she´s my favourit at this JGP. Really intresting in what will happen in the next JGPs ... so many talents, and it´s so great to see how they develop. Good luck to all of them!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli_Huber View Post
    I love Nina. She is really fabelous. After her worse summer competitions, I think, nobody really believed she will do so well here.
    I also hope she will get a second JGP. Want to see her again.

With Rosa, she´s my favourit at this JGP. Really intresting in what will happen in the next JGPs ... so many talents, and it´s so great to see how they develop. Good luck to all of them!
    ITA. Rosa's toe-pick jumps are amazing, Yu-Na quality there. I prefer her to Shelepen.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    did you see Tony Wheeler's article blogpost about the italina judge??
    http://tony-wheeler.blogspot.com/201...medium=twitter

Custom Title
    Oh, I love Nina! I prefer her and Yasmin at this JGP.
    Yasmin's programs are amazing and her presentation is good, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Oh, I love Nina! I prefer her and Yasmin at this JGP.
    Yasmin's programs are amazing and her presentation is good, too.
    Here's her FS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2aP0isD8u0 .

Though she made a number of mistakes, the jumps she does land are really high quality. And the flip was all the way rotated too so that's good. She is also capable of a great 3lo as we saw in her SP though she struggled with it in the FS. The last combination should probably be changed from 3t-2t-2lo to 3t-2t-2t, as I remember she had some issues with the 2lo in 3 jump combos last year as well. It's great that she's attempting much more ambitious content in her FS this year though.

Aww she looks disappointed after that FS but she did well for her, what, 2nd international competition? Her short was great and the 3t-3t is so close! The long will improve as the season goes on, I think. She really has upped the difficulty a lot this year, so it'll just take time. I love that her jump entrances are always unique and difficult though, and her footwork in both programs is so detailed. She has great speed and edges, not to mention the expression, and it really shows in her PCS scores.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    Aww she looks disappointed after that FS but she did well for her, what, 2nd international competition? Her short was great and the 3t-3t is so close! The long will improve as the season goes on, I think. She really has upped the difficulty a lot this year, so it'll just take time. I love that her jump entrances are always unique and difficult though, and her footwork in both programs is so detailed. She has great speed and edges, not to mention the expression, and it really shows in her PCS scores.
    Well, she was probably hoping for a medal and knew her LP would land her just shy. She still made an impressive JGP debut though and had a great SP. I hope she gets a 2nd assignment, her musicality and expression are wonderful and so are her jumps when she lands them, once she gets more used to her new jump layout in the LP and nails all the jumps in it, that LP will be beautiful. Plus she's already doing so much better than her summer competitions so I assume the upward trend will continue. She really is very special for 13, the quality of her overall skating is really high.

Wow, Nina! She is *gorgeous*! All the jumps in the SP looked really good, the 3R was a beauty, the 2A always so big and confident, and the 3T-3T soooo close. She just lost a bit of speed on the landing of the 3T, maybe with a tiny more speed she would've gotten full credit for it. I love both of her footwork sequences, they are intricate, musical, detailed, and fast. Her spins have also really improved, especially the layback and the combo spin (the camel could use a little more stretch/speed).

She is like the best of Caroline and Mirai at 13: she has the musicality and delicacy of Caroline, and the lightness and speed of Mirai. Of course both of those had all five triples at 13 (though both flutzed and under-rotated), so Nina is a little behind in this respect. I also saw shades of Michelle at 15 in Nina, especially in her SP. She already skates pretty big, she just needs to project a little more to the audience to capture their heart. In terms of maturity, though, Nina is definitely closer to Caroline, Mirai, and Michelle at 15 than 13. It's incredible how grown-up Nina looks out there. 13? Really?!

I hope she will get a 2nd assignment. I feel like she could only do better with more training time, given how fast she progressed the last couple of months. Even with all her mistakes in the LP, she still fully rotated a 3F and a 3R. With the sudden onslaught of all the Russian jumping beans, maybe US junior ladies as a whole won't be dominating the JGP circuit as they have the past several seasons. Maybe this means that a 5th place will still merit a second assignment. One can hope!
    Last edited by feraina; 08-31-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Wow, Nina! She is *gorgeous*! All the jumps in the SP looked really good, the 3R was a beauty, the 2A always so big and confident, and the 3T-3T soooo close. She just lost a bit of speed on the landing of the 3T, maybe with a tiny more speed she would've gotten full credit for it. I love both of her footwork sequences, they are intricate, musical, detailed, and fast. Her spins have also really improved, especially the layback and the combo spin (the camel could use a little more stretch/speed).

She is like the best of Caroline and Mirai at 13: she has the musicality and delicacy of Caroline, and the lightness and speed of Mirai. Of course both of those had all five triples at 13 (though both flutzed and under-rotated), so Nina is a little behind in this respect. I also saw shades of Michelle at 15 in Nina, especially in her SP. She already skates pretty big, she just needs to project a little more to the audience to capture their heart. In terms of maturity, though, Nina is definitely closer to Caroline, Mirai, and Michelle at 15 than 13. It's incredible how grown-up Nina looks out there. 13? Really?!

I hope she will get a 2nd assignment. I feel like she could only do better with more training time, given how fast she progressed the last couple of months. Even with all her mistakes in the LP, she still fully rotated a 3F and a 3R. With the sudden onslaught of all the Russian jumping beans, maybe US junior ladies as a whole won't be dominating the JGP circuit as they have the past several seasons. Maybe this means that a 5th place will still merit a second assignment. One can hope!
    I agree with you in all respects. The other thing that may help Nina is at at 13, she already appears close to fully grown. Where Mirai and Caroline were derailed by huge 3-5 inch growthspurts at age 15 that served as a setback, I don't think Nina will experience something like that in the near future. She'll likely grow another inch and fill out some, but I tend to think it won't be a major change, and in turn I think this will help her when it comes to mastering all her triples and becoming more consistent. So instead of having to relearn her technique in coming years (her present technique seems pretty solid), she hopefully will be able to focus on the smaller things like spins, flexibility, interpretation, etc.

The other thing I noticed was that the 3lo is the only jump she repeats in her LP, so I'm wondering if she's working toward having that first 2a be a 2a-3t combination. Her 2a-2t was effortless even with her hands by her side on the second jump so I do think she could probably do that combination. Further, 3t is her best jump, so I can't think of why else she wouldn't repeat it in her FS unless the plan is to repeat it in combination with the 2a. Maybe she just didn't try it here where she fell on her flip and didn't get full credit for her 3t-3t in the SP? If she does attempt either a 2a-3t or 3t-3t in her FS later this season I will be very impressed.
    Last edited by silverlake22; 09-01-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast