Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Thornhill (Figure Skating Boutique) Summer Skate - August 12th - 15th

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    700

    Thornhill (Figure Skating Boutique) Summer Skate - August 12th - 15th

    Here are the entry lists for this year's thornhill summer skate:

    http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...2010/index.htm

    The field is a little thinner this year than usual, but there will still be some great participants. Unfortunately, but not suprisingly, it looks as if Virtue & Moir won't be attending this time.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    700

    Re: Thornhill (Figure Skating Boutique) Summer Skate - August 12th - 15th

    According to this update on the COS website, the Thornhill Summer Skate will be broadcast online through Skatebuzz.

    http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...lts.htm#August

    Although I have yet to make an account for myself, I believe that Skate Buzz is free to view. (Can anyone confirm this?) However, you must register in order to see most of the videos.

  3. #3
    Rink Rat i love to skate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: Thornhill (Figure Skating Boutique) Summer Skate - August 12th - 15th

    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Although I have yet to make an account for myself, I believe that Skate Buzz is free to view. (Can anyone confirm this?) However, you must register in order to see most of the videos.
    Yes, that is right!

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    700

    Re: Thornhill (Figure Skating Boutique) Summer Skate - August 12th - 15th

    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Yes, that is right!
    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23
    Does anyone know if theres an entrance fee if I want to go watch the competitions this weekend?

  6. #6
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,119
    There is now a schedule for Thornhill

    http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...20Schedule.pdf

  7. #7
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,119
    And the confirmed entries are on it:
    Senior Men
    Shaquille Davis
    Benjamin Guthrie
    Patrick Myzyk
    Nobunari Oda (Japan)
    Eric Radford
    Fransisca Javier Raya Buenache (Spain)
    Andrei Rogozine
    Joey Russell
    Raphael Yacobi-Harris

    Sr Women
    Kate Charbonneau
    Gabrielle Anne Cormier
    Adriana DeSanctis
    Meagan Duhamel
    Shannon Edling
    Min-Jeong Kwak (Korea)
    Marianne Laporte
    Lisa Makeeva
    Stefani Marotta
    Kelsey McNeil
    Victoria Muniz (Puerto Rico)
    Alexandra Najarro (Y.R.S.A.)
    Eri Nishimura
    Christina Pulla
    Ashley Simond

  8. #8
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,119
    Senior Dance
    Corenne Bruhns / Benjaman Westenberger (Mexico)
    Sarah Lysne / Christopher Steeves
    Terra Findlay / Dmitry Dun (Ukraine)
    Helene Letourneau / Kevin Boczar
    Alexa-Marie Arrotta / Martin Nickel
    Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam

    Senior Pairs is not being competed, although Junior Pairs is.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by toasty_swirlz View Post
    Does anyone know if theres an entrance fee if I want to go watch the competitions this weekend?
    Yes, there's an entrance fee, but it's not much. Think I paid $6 for the day last time I was there.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by toasty_swirlz View Post
    Does anyone know if theres an entrance fee if I want to go watch the competitions this weekend?
    Yes, Thornhill has always had an entrance fee. You can either pay for a day or for the event. The announcement lists the addmission as $6/day or $20 for an event pass.

  11. #11
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,149
    Funny Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford both signed up to compete in singles. I wonder if they are just doing this for fun since there's no pairs event, or if they are actually serious about competing in singles this year as well. After all, at the Quebec Summer Competition, they both landed solo 3Z, 3F, and 3T. That'll be interesting if they are serious about singles as well.

  12. #12
    Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Funny Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford both signed up to compete in singles. I wonder if they are just doing this for fun since there's no pairs event, or if they are actually serious about competing in singles this year as well. After all, at the Quebec Summer Competition, they both landed solo 3Z, 3F, and 3T. That'll be interesting if they are serious about singles as well.
    Someone suggested this earlier in another thread, and I think it may be close to the truth--the singles events allow them to polish up on jumps which they probably did not train seriously for the last few years (especially Lutz and Flip-2T-2T), so that they can get them as solid as possible. Also, working on technical difficulty seems to be their aim this year, so it may help to try new jumps in singles competition before adding them to pairs. I doubt they are serious about competing at a higher level in singles as they already have their work cut out for them in pairs.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Min-Jung pulled out of this competition according to Yuna Kim Forum, apparently her back is injured. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing her programs.

  14. #14
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    Someone suggested this earlier in another thread, and I think it may be close to the truth--the singles events allow them to polish up on jumps which they probably did not train seriously for the last few years (especially Lutz and Flip-2T-2T), so that they can get them as solid as possible. Also, working on technical difficulty seems to be their aim this year, so it may help to try new jumps in singles competition before adding them to pairs. I doubt they are serious about competing at a higher level in singles as they already have their work cut out for them in pairs.
    maybe this is their strategy toward sochi. There's no way to beat the top Chinese pairs in throw jumps or twist. Their top junior pair has been credited w throw quad. So their strategy is perhaps to enhance their advantage in hard triples. Nobody else is attempting solo jumps as difficult. Three diff triples including flip and lutz. That's competitive even in singles.

  15. #15
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Min-Jung pulled out of this competition according to Yuna Kim Forum, apparently her back is injured. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing her programs.
    Oh, that's sad. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •