competitors | Golden Skate

competitors

MagicFairy

On the Ice
It is so great, that the Austrian pair Stina Martini/Severin Kiefer are still on the list.
I thought that they split, because they are not on the list for the JGP in Austria. :confused:

Oh no!! They are out now. probably they split :cry:

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The 3 U.S. pair teams entered here -- Cassie Andrews/Timothy LeDuc, Ashley Cain/Joshua Reagan, and Kylie Duarte/Colin Grafton -- are official, but the other U.S. skaters (Cesario, Gong, Messing, Farris, Bonacorsi/Mager, Friedenberg/Nykiel) are 'placeholders' until their results are known from JGP #2 in Romania next week.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Mens Entrants

Here's a minor mystery I haven't figured out: on the official USFS site, Joshua Farris is listed as the sole entrant here. But the ISU site has two spots assigned to US men (Farris and Dolensky as either listed placeholders or actual entrants). And the US should be able to have a second spot here, as China is apparently not sending anyone to this competition. Is there a more updated ISU list than the one on the website? Or is the USFS still going to add someone, or are they just foregoing the option to send an additional man, for some reason?

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
No they don´t split.
Good news or?

There was a report before the JGP in Austria, that they will not skate, because they had not enough time to train together!
http://www.kleinezeitung.at/steiermark/graz/graz/2480875/dem-sprung-graz-nach-peking.story - only in German.
The problem is, that Severin had to go to the Army ... that´s the reason for the lack in training time!
The biggest aim for both is, to go to Junior Worlds this year. Good luck to both!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I believe Kristina Zazeeva will replace Anna Ovcharova here. Apparently, Anna will go to the last 2 JGP events if she is able.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Here's a minor mystery I haven't figured out: on the official USFS site, Joshua Farris is listed as the sole entrant here. But the ISU site has two spots assigned to US men (Farris and Dolensky as either listed placeholders or actual entrants). And the US should be able to have a second spot here, as China is apparently not sending anyone to this competition. Is there a more updated ISU list than the one on the website? Or is the USFS still going to add someone, or are they just foregoing the option to send an additional man, for some reason?
USFS just hasn't added a TBA for a 2nd man on their site -- Dolensky was added as the 2nd U.S. man on the ISU site's Sheffield roster in the Sept. 23rd update (linked above).

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then what IS official? I always believed the USFS site was correct when in disagreement with the ISU roster, but now the ISU roster lists Dolensky and the USFS site does not. Is Dolensky in or is he not?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Dolensky was added to the USFS site on 9/23.
I noticed that Timothy Dolensky's name wasn't listed on USFS' International Assignments page when I checked earlier today, so it must have been newly added. :)