Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WebTV

Tripping on the Podium

WebTV

Does anyone know if any events will be on the Russian WebTv service again? There is someone right now rebroadcasting a US open tennis event off one of their channels on UStream, and WebTv has really improved picture and sound quality, from what I can see Will we be able to watch any skating in Hi-Def on WebTV this coming season?

Will there be any online streams?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    In the US, icenetwork is doing live streaming of the GP events, and on demand coverage after the events. NBC's Universal sports has delayed TV coverage.

What's available in other countries?

Custom Title
    http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raispo...e-9ba21f61eb07

the italian tv will broadcast the competitions live, but i'm not sure this link works abroad

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiara80 View Post

the italian tv will broadcast the competitions live, but i'm not sure this link works abroad

Are you sure about this? I just pitched out $10 for three months on an Italian VPN service, so I can get the events, just in case they are not on WebTV. Nobody has mentioned WebTV, so I got the Italian VPN so I can watch the RAIsport coverage. Does anyone have a schedule of what parts of competition, and when, will be broadcast on RAI?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiara80 View Post

I just checked this website and it says it can only be seen in Italy.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I just checked this website and it says it can only be seen in Italy.

Well, I have got my subscription on the Italian VPN, so I am all set to go.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    In the US, icenetwork is doing live streaming of the GP events, and on demand coverage after the events. NBC's Universal sports has delayed TV coverage.

What's available in other countries?

I hope that the GP series have not gone over to Russia 2/RTR. I have watched Europeans and Worlds on RTR, and Russia2/RTR leaves a lot to be desired. With the constant commercial interruptions, I might as as well watch in on NBC or Universal, if I am going to get bombarded with that many commercials. And Russia 2/RTR often cuts off coverage in the middle of an event for something else. There are only two Russian-based sports networks, RTR and NTV. I just hope that NTV still has the GP series.

Custom Title
    well..... they said that the gp will be broadcasted but they are not very reliable, they often changes their programs

http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/9385

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnikinSolo View Post
    Does anyone know if any events will be on the Russian WebTv service again? ....
    It should come here "quasi live":
    http://ntvplus.ru/

I've never watched it though, so I can't guarantee.

Custom Title
    I remember weird stuff happening the last couple of years. Literally 20 minutes before the event, somebody finds a link to a TV station in Turkey that has live streaming for free. Of course, that's after I paid a subscription to IceNetwork for the pleasure of watching a black screen.

^supposed to look like a blade! C_T_T_'s Avatar
    WebTV will show the entire GP series. The Turkish channel only shows Europeans and Worlds, and often only ladies because of Tugba.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Any tech people out there who can help me with a video question? When I try to make a video go full screen, I get sound but no picture, only a white screen. With video on small screen, the video lags behind the audio. My settings must be off but I'm not sure what to do. Definitely want to get this addressed before NHK. Any thoughts?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    A recent "upgrade" to the player that IN and youtube use set "Enable video acceleration" to on. You get a white screen if you have an older video card that does not support video acceleration. To turn it off, start running any youtube video in a small screen. Right click once on the video. A context menu will come up. Select "Settings" from that menu. Then uncheck "Enable video acceleration" Then hit "close". You should be in business in full screen mode then, both in IN and youtube.

Doris, can you also explain why the new IN vids from Regionals are choppy?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast