U.S. Ladies Prediction & Speculation Thread | Page 61 | Golden Skate

U.S. Ladies Prediction & Speculation Thread

R.D.

Record Breaker
For Gao, top 5 is very doable. Heck, she did it last year.

As for Zawadski, I don't know. She really has struggled early but I don't know enough about her to know whether that is typical of her and whether she improves greatly for the big events.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, really? I guess I just don't see what you and other see in Christina and Agnes. I've watched them move through the ranks and they have some talent but to think they'll medal at Nationals much less be in the top 5...Different strokes for differnt folks.

Christina has already finished fifth this year. So she has nothing to prove there.
After going over it with a friend this morning, I think Christina has a :very outside chance: at bronze and could at least improve her standing by getting the pewter medal. Of course, that will depend on the others. If the Alissa/Ashley/Mirai/Rachel/Agnes all are solid, she may actually go down in the standings, but if any of them falter, Christina could go through that door.

Agnes has a good shot, but she's been very inconsistent with her LP this year, so I can't say at this point.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Wow, really? I guess I just don't see what you and other see in Christina and Agnes. I've watched them move through the ranks and they have some talent but to think they'll medal at Nationals much less be in the top 5...Different strokes for differnt folks.

Christina was in the top 5 last year, and Agnes was putting up huge scores in the junior ranks. I think at nationals, they will get pretty good PCS, and then their strong jumps should help them make up for the PCS advantage the top ladies will have if Gao and Agnes hit their jumps, which we know they can do. Of all the ladies, they are probably most likely to get +GOE on their jumps, and they can do the spins too (I know everyone seems to think Gao's spins are bad, but she's been getting +GOE for them on the JGP), and then they have consistent 3-3s and are less prone to URs than Rachael, Ashley, Mirai, Alissa. Of course if they mess up they can likely fall quite a bit lower in the rankings, but idk, I think if they skate their best there's no reason why they can't make the podium.