JSF's criteria 2010/11 on who to send to 4CC | Golden Skate

JSF's criteria 2010/11 on who to send to 4CC

sorcerer

Final Flight
JSF's criteria this season on who will represent Japan at the Four Continents Championships are as follows.
Published on Sept. 3, at
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2010_Figure/2010-11 selection procedure.pdf

Skaters representing Japan will be determined when the Japanese Championships conclude, from those who fulfill any of the following 3 criteria, and under over-all considerations by the federation.

1. Highest six Japanese finishers per discipline in the Grand Prix Final / Grand Prix series
2. Top six finishers per discipline in the Japanese Championships
3. Highest six Japanese per discipline in the ISU World Rankings at the time the Japanese Championship conclude.

There may be cases where the achieving of the points for ISU world standings of the skater is taken into consideration.

The skater's particiption in the Japanese Championships is mandatory to be subject of this selection.

There may be cases where a skater, who has finished within the top six at any of past World Championships, does not meet the above criteria but is taken into consideration under observation of his/her prospect at the Four Continents Campionships '11; but this, only when it is due to injury etc in the first half of this season.

Last edited:
I think for the Men, one has to think about who JF will send to the Worlds' Quali Round.

I think for the Ladies they totaled at least 18 at the last Worlds. The are automatic for the Worlds.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I think for the Men, one has to think about who JF will send to the Worlds' Quali Round.

I think for the Ladies they totaled at least 18 at the last Worlds. The are automatic for the Worlds.

Yep, ladies were 1 (Mao), 4 (Miki), and 11 (Akiko), so they don't need to worry.

I'm thinking that not sending Nobu to 4CC was a political move by the Japanese federation to make sure that he pays for his implosion last year (how the math plays given the new rules are discussed in the relevant thread in the Worlds forum).

NMURA

Medalist
Yep, ladies were 1 (Mao), 4 (Miki), and 11 (Akiko), so they don't need to worry.

I'm thinking that not sending Nobu to 4CC was a political move by the Japanese federation to make sure that he pays for his implosion last year (how the math plays given the new rules are discussed in the relevant thread in the Worlds forum).

By any chances, Kozuka is the one to do qualifying. I've heard Oda has the graduate school interview at the time of 4CC.

Nadine

Record Breaker
If Mao wins here, she will tie Fumie Suguri as the 4CC Record Holder of all-time with 3 wins apiece. :)

*crossing my fingers for her*