Ladies LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

lavender

Record Breaker
Man how is Bebe going to have a long career. I'm sorry but she is always injured. Poor girl. I guess I really want to see her in the future.

What?! Nelidina all the way down in 10th! Her presentation scores alone should have rocketed her to the top.;) Sorry, that's mean. As Jim McKay said, he and the crew on Wide World of Sports used to snicker at some of the athletes, especially the ones doing "odd" sports like barrel jumping, but he came to respect them when he saw how hard they trained and how much it meant to them. So I promise not to make fun of Nelidina again--unless of course she goes out to skate naked.

So what happened to AP? Is this the beginning of "the Cup of Russia Curse" for her? Was she injured? What happened?:confused:
Rgirl

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Nelidina

Rgirl said:
What?! Nelidina all the way down in 10th! Her presentation scores alone should have rocketed her to the top.;) Sorry, that's mean. So I promise not to make fun of Nelidina again--unless of course she goes out to skate naked.

So what happened to AP? Is this the beginning of "the Cup of Russia Curse" for her? Was she injured? What happened?:confused:
Rgirl
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My thoughts about Ludmila's skating are not fit to print! She should do a program to "Help" by the Beatles, which is what she needs !!!

I believe that AP hurt herself at CoC and had to drop out of the GP. :cry: Very sad, she is missing a valuable chance to get her program out in front of the judges. I thought this could have been her year. But maybe she will make a strong comeback?

Last edited:
Re: Nelidina

Ogre Mage said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My thoughts about Ludmila's skating are not fit to print! She should do a program to "Help" by the Beatles, which is what she needs !!!

I believe that AP hurt herself at CoC and had to drop out of the GP. :cry: Very sad, she is missing a valuable chance to get her program out in front of the judges. I thought this could have been her year. But maybe she will make a strong comeback?
Hee hee. We'll just have to be alone with our eville thoughts about Nelidina's skating--although she's probably a very nice person. Also, I must remind myself of how much I and others laughed at Timothy Goebel a few years ago. C'mon, Ludmilla. We know you've got a swan in there!

Thanks for the info about AP, but MAJOR bummer! I just saw her SP at COC and thought she was stunning. I do agree though that she will likely be back, hopefully in time for Nats, although if Michelle comes in first and, barring a self-inflicted implosion, Sasha 2nd, then that would mean, presumably, either Jenny or AP for the third spot for Worlds. O, pain of riches! I want them both. Even if Sasha does implode, I'd want her too. Basically I want all four of those US ladies to go to Worlds. Sigh...
Rgirl

Nadine

Record Breaker
Bynx said:

KOSTNER - 3L, 3F2T, 3F3T, 3S, 2Z. 3/3 for 11.1 points won her the FS. But she had two failed 2As, and her straight line footwork was heavily deducted.

LIASHENKO - 3Z2T, 3F, 3T, 3F2T, attempted 3S2T marked 0, 1Z, 2A.

MANIACHENKO - 3Z2T, 2F, 3F2T -0.8 GOE, 2S, 3T, 3Z -1.8 GOE, 1A.

ROCHETTE - 3L, 3F -2.8 GOE, 2Z -1 GOE, 2F -1GOE, 3T, 3T3S, 2A-0.7 GOE.

POTH - 3T3T -1.4 GOE, 1Z, 3F, 3L, 3Z, 2A, 3S -.6 GOE. SC marks in the upper 4's, low 5's.

LIANG - 3Z2T -1 GOE, 1F, 3T, 3S, 1F, 3Z -3GOE, 2A. Her injury affected her ability to jump.

Thanks Chukiem!

Thanks for posting the above Bynx, (quoted it so I could remember what each one did) :)

Man, am I pumped! :love: Carolina Kostner, a favorite of mine, did GREAT. Finally saw this televised on t.v. and am quite pleased. And this coming on the heels of my other favorite, Miki Ando, winning the JGPF yesterday. YES! [pumping fist]:)^D

That said, here are my impressions of today's televised competition:

WOMEN

Elena Sokolova - it's good to see her looking so happy skating at home in Russia. :)^) And she appears to be gradually getting back into shape.......jumps will eventually come........crossing my fingers she does well at Nationals & shows up ready to rock n' roll at Worlds! (8^D

Beatrisa Liang - hmm, I finally remembered whom she reminded me of......Kim Zmeskal of the 1992 USA Olympic Women's Gymnastic Team......same little fullback build & athletic style of performing. Too bad about the hip injury, but at least she came in 4th her first time out on the senior circuit, not bad at all. Better luck next time on the jumps.

Carolina Kostner - what a joy to watch her skate......by far the fastest skater on the senior circuit IMHO (not just this competition).......and her long elegant graceful limbs create such a beautiful line on the ice. Makes her stand out from the crowd. And that 3F/3T was right on! :love: Not only that, but I've noticed that ALL her jumps are fast, high & quickly rotated (must have phenomenal quick twitch muscle reflex action). On that note, loved her 3turn into the 3R, lovely Ina Bauer into the 2Z (needs to make that into a triple though), and just the way she covers the ice in general on everything she does. Reminds me of Bambi from those big deer eyes down to those long limbs ~ just a few strokes and she was already on the other side of the rink (didn't even have time to really appreciate the Ina Bauer b/c it was over so quick) ~ and the footwork emphasized this aspect (too bad about the fall though). Also, I think she has the potential to become a phenomenal spinner (no lie).......already has the Lucinda Ruh body for it as well as height (5'5 1/2")........not to mention the speed & flexibility, only lacking in her leg on the layback position. JMHO. The only other thing I would suggest is a better choreographer.......saw so many moves that were thrown away to the lovely music of "Turnadot".......also needs to hold out her moves a little bit longer (look at a tape of Sarah Hughes performing to this music back in the 1999/2000 season; this is whom she reminds me of btw from body build to technical content to fearlessness). My gosh, this young lady just simply blows me away! Am crossing my fingers that she doesn't grow anymore, maintains her jumps, and works on consistency & improving overall. :)^)

***Note: btw looking over the scores I noticed that Carolina could have won the whole thing if only she had landed that 3Z instead of doubling it, as well as doing 2As instead of singling them. But this will be a good learning experience for her. I'm just happy that she has now joined those rare individuals whom have medalled their first time out on the senior grand prix (ala Hughes, Kirk, Lipinski, Yamaguchi, Thomas, Zayak)***

Galina Maniachenko - good job, don't really recall much except that her program reminded me of the Egyptian one that Maria Butyrskaya did back a few years ago. Better luck next time on the jumps.

Elena Liashenko - funny, I recall her only completing 3 triple jumps cleanly, with the rest being either popped or landed funkily (is that a word :\ ) as well as falling on one??? Nevertheless, she does have a maturity about her skating that would behoove Carolina to take note of & learn from. That said, it was right that she came in second on the FS but won over Carolina on the TCS mark, with Carolina winning over her on the TES mark. JMHO. Way to go warhorse Elena! :)^)

Peace & Love, Nadine

:love:CONGRATS ELENA & CAROLINA!!!:love:

shine

Record Breaker
ABC decided to show Sokolova, who finished 5th behind Joannie Rochette, who finished 4th, in both phases of the competition and chack Rochette. I'm PISSED. Why couldn't they have a bit more taste and be a little more fair??????? :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: