Laura Lepistö injured | Golden Skate

Laura Lepistö injured

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just read, Laura has injured because of a fall and is not able to practise at all at the moment. She probably will not compete in the beginning of the season.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Oh dear, that's a shame. I really enjoy watching her. I presume this means a likely withdrawal from her first GP, Skate Canada, maybe even her second at Skate America? :disapp:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
She only does doubles in competition anyway, I don't see why she can't still compete in her Grand Prix events.

NMURA

Medalist
In fact, Lepisto lands around 5 triples per a competion. If she can do only doubles, that's a problem. Anyway, please make a contact to IMG right away so that they can arrange the visa for a Russian skater. I really want Tuktamysheva at Japan Open. Is it possible?

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Hihi, thats a good joke ... Liza is 13 years old and I think it´s good for her to concentrate in the JGP! The same for all the other Juniors ... from USA, Russia, Japan and and and ... to switch Programms between 2 JGPs is not really good, especially for the little girls, who have enough pressure!

Back to the topic: I really hope that Laura can recover quickly and is able to skate at the beginning of the season. Europe needs her ...

hurrah

Medalist
She only does doubles in competition anyway, I don't see why she can't still compete in her Grand Prix events.

Hey, I remember you! You're that poster who wrote that the base value of triple-axels shouldn't be raised for women because the jump is way too masculine for women to attempt anyway.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Hey, I remember you! You're that poster who wrote that the base value of triple-axels shouldn't be raised for women because the jump is way too masculine for women to attempt anyway.

That definitely wasn't me.

One time I did say the Triple Axel visually looks more "masculine", which I would still agree with, but I've never argued women shouldn't do the 3Axel if they are capable or get less credit for it.

In fact, Lepisto lands around 5 triples per a competion.

Sure, between both the SP and LP. ;)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Oh, this is really too bad. I hope Lepisto heals soon.

Yes, I hope Laura is able to make a quick recovery. I will miss her stylish skating and hope she gets back atleast in time for the European championship if not sooner.

ankka

Rinkside

As smart as you try to be there, the problem isn't jumping, it's actually THE SKATING. Hip injuries are always serious and part of the original reason for her inconsistency in triples is the fact she had a very serious hip fracture a couple of years ago. And as previously stated, she really does usually do quite a bit of triples.

This injury seems to be slightly milder, thank goodness, but still you shouldn't mock an athlete when there's an injury. From personal experience I can tell that serious injuries may well seem like a life-ending thing at the very moment due to the fear of not being able to continue one's career.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice

Oh you are so mean! Laura's skating is much more graceful than many other jumping machines and usually she doesn't double her jumps. Don't give too much value on WC 2010.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Oh you are so mean! Laura's skating is much more graceful than many other jumping machines and usually she doesn't double her jumps. Don't give too much value on WC 2010.

Or NHK 09, SC 09, Finnish Nationals 10, and EC 10 :laugh:. I like Laura I really do, but when she rotated 5 triples in her FS at the Olympics, that was the exception for her not the rule. Usually she averages about 3 triples per FS, and sometimes even less (only 1 at Finnish nationals and she was still the champion). But she's pretty so it's ok.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Hyperbole can be used as a form of humor, people.

Thanks for your clarity of mind, silverlake. That is indeed an accurate assessment.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Laura Lepisto has withdrawn - from Japan Open ... it will be intressting who will skate for her. Makarova, Leonova, Kostner, Marchei, Gedenavishvili .....

Last edited: