Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Skaters Have Tattoos?

Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    To be honest, I am a little surprised how many of these tattoos that skaters get are in bad taste. I would have expected a little better, given that Figure Skating is an artistic sport.
    Why don't they just get the kind that wash off when they get tired of it? Will they, at age 60, still want the same old tattoo?
    Last edited by Mathman; 09-08-2010 at 08:07 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Jeremy did the best job, you dont get bored of a tatoo you need double mirrors to even see it
    I dont like dragons. I like Jeremys and Fabian's although i didnt see at first, lol!
    Fernandez with Oly rings, not so much as an idea!

Plushy 's diamond VIAM SUPERVADET VADENS is known in greek as well, i dont think it is latin but somehow i know what is the meaning, the cross is ok I guess but i dont like religious symbols, the third is that worries me, if he gets divorce with his wife he is busted

Kerr's are nice!

Forgot to say that Bielman's flowers in the arm, it is like she has chickenpox:sheesh:
    Last edited by seniorita; 09-08-2010 at 07:07 PM.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Why don't they just get the kind that wash off when they gfet tired of it? Will they, at age 60, still want the same old tattoo?
    Don't know! I think the tattoo culture partly celebrates the permanancy of the deed.

These tattoos (to me) are beautiful:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/b...11637.jpg?o=30

http://media.photobucket.com/image/b...ttoos.jpg?o=27

I'd be scared to have it done on myself, but I could appreciate them.

For now, I'll just have to continue contemplating tattooing "LUCK" or "TRUTH" in plain English lettering on some part of my body (maybe forehead?) and going to an isolated, foreign society so they can view the alphabet without understanding what they mean. Then I could further impress them by informing them it's not even my ethnic language.

Custom Title
    All this talk of tattoos brings to mind a book I read years & years ago (darn, I wish I could remember the name), which affected me greatly. In it, the main character was a man that was sent to prison in ancient times (I think he was a slave), and while he was out from having been beaten unconscious they had a tattoo artist ink a huge colorful bright cross on the front of his chest & back (covered it entirely). This you see was supposed to be a punishment to "mark" him. So whenever the other prisoners saw this mark, they would beat him because the country was anti-Christian. Now that is what I call "bearing your belief".

Lol, now I'm going to be searching for that book until I find it. :D

I understand why skaters get Olympic tattoos, but otherwise, I hate all other tattoos. To each his own though.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    David Pelltier has a tattoo.

http://www.freewebs.com/jamie_and_david/pictures.htm

I was thinking that Kurt Browning has one too but I can't find a photo.

Don't forget Michael Weiss....I know it's a shirt.

http://www.skateygirl.com/nat2005/sr...%20152_jpg.htm

^supposed to look like a blade! C_T_T_'s Avatar
    KVDP has a blade on his arm and Jenna got the Olympic rings on her foot recently. i think Evan has a bolt of lightening too but can't remember where I got that from.

Custom Title
    I remember to have seen a skater with the 5 olympics rings on his leg (ankle)..I think it was abbot or charlie white...I don't quite remember it...

On the Ice
    Sasha Cohen also has a Tattoo! I'll post a picture later when i found it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lotte86 View Post
    Sasha Cohen also has a Tattoo! I'll post a picture later when i found it!
    yes, she has infinity symbol on her wrist
    http://images.usatoday.com/news/_pho.../12/cohenx.jpg

does Jeffrey's full shoulder washable tattoo also count?
    http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l...a/11189115.jpg

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C_T_T_ View Post
    KVDP has a blade on his arm and Jenna got the Olympic rings on her foot recently. i think Evan has a bolt of lightening too but can't remember where I got that from.
    yes he has a lightning bolt on his hip I think. you can see it in some of the modeling pics he had done.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the pic of Sasha's tattoo. Lol, my first thought was the movie "The Vanishing" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeOVJFeP3MQ), wherein the "infinity" sign played a MAJOR role. I love that movie because it was shot right here in Washington state, specifically in Issaquah, with gorgeous Mt. Si as the backdrop, the face of God imho.

I wonder when Sasha had her tattoo done? I like it, mystical, and says so much about her. In fact one of my all-time favorite memories, besides her masterpiece "Romeo & Juliet" program at the 2006 Olympics, was her return to the ice last year. For that she has my undying respect & admiration. I put her on the same pedestal in that regards to Julia Sebestian, Elvis Stojko, Michelle Kwan, and Evgeni Plushenko.

And after my tiff with Scott Hamilton this past year, I look forward to watching SOI again with Sasha Cohen, and only her. She's been the draw for me these past few years.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    In fact one of my all-time favorite memories, besides her masterpiece "Romeo & Juliet" program at the 2006 Olympics, was her return to the ice last year. For that she has my undying respect & admiration. I put her on the same pedestal in that regards to Julia Sebestian, Elvis Stojko, Michelle Kwan, and Evgeni Plushenko.
    And in such grand fashion. Her SP was stunning. Her LP also had potential. Maybe she could stick with her programs if she does indeed continue into this new quad.

Custom Title
    Oops, replace Issaquah with "North Bend", that's what I meant to say. They're both GORGEOUS!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Plushy 's diamond VIAM SUPERVADET VADENS is known in greek as well, i dont think it is latin but somehow i know what is the meaning, the cross is ok I guess but i dont like religious symbols, the third is that worries me, if he gets divorce with his wife he is busted
    If he gets divorse then he'll have to find another Yana to be his wife. Yana is not a popular name in Russia at all, so, maybe, Yana Khokhlova will remain single by then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2