Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 94

Thread: Ladies JGP Brasov

  1. #46
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,150
    3 falls from Rosa!

    Samantha will not do worse than 4th -- so she will get a 2nd JGP, right?

    Kristiene can actually win this if she can stay on her feet! 85.25 is definitely beatable for her.

    I feel bad for Nina Jiang. She scored 10 points higher than Samantha in total, but she was only 5th in her comp. She may not get a 2nd assignment.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    I feel bad for Nina Jiang. She scored 10 points higher than Samantha in total, but she was only 5th in her comp. She may not get a 2nd assignment.
    Chances are, they'll look at scores as well as rankings, especially when one of the two competitions was an utter splat-fest.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    3 falls from Rosa!

    Samantha will not do worse than 4th -- so she will get a 2nd JGP, right?

    Kristiene can actually win this if she can stay on her feet! 85.25 is definitely beatable for her.

    I feel bad for Nina Jiang. She scored 10 points higher than Samantha in total, but she was only 5th in her comp. She may not get a 2nd assignment.
    I know :(. But if Samantha is 4th she may not definitely get a 2nd assignment, last season some skaters who placed 4th at their first event got a 2nd assignment while others did not.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    288
    LIZA WON! So happy for the girl .. hope that helps her to handle her nerves next time!

  5. #50
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,150
    Kristiene won silver! Congratulations.

    She had no deductions. Pops? UR's?

    She got the highest PCS, and more than 5 points lower than Liza & Shion in TES. Judges must have liked her.
    Last edited by feraina; 09-10-2010 at 02:05 PM.

  6. #51
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,150
    I can't believe Liza won! She got one point higher than Nina Jiang at the last JGP, meaning Nina could've won silver here!

    Liza was really lucky to pull this one out. She could easily have gotten buried in the rankings if everyone else didn't bomb one after another...

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    Nina Jiang would have been 2nd at this event, like a point out of gold, with her scores from France. That must be frustrating...

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    288
    Absoluly right .. hope Nina get a 2nd JPG. She is a really talented girl. And had to skate in real good JPG in France with high scores!

    Splat festival ... but for Liza its good - she learned that she must not be "perfect" ... that will help her to handle the pressure.

  9. #54
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    wow that was a weird competition,maybe there was something wrong with the ice.

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    wow that was a weird competition,maybe there was something wrong with the ice.
    With all the falls in the last group ... and the ice were made before this group! Really mistery!

  11. #56
    Tanguera feraina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,150
    The US girls were the only ones not to fall in the LP among the top 7.

    That is both good and bad. Good because it meant they held their nerves well. Bad because they have serious under-rotation issues or something, and if their competitors manage to stay on their feet these two would be in trouble.

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    654
    Anyway, congrats to Liza! Hope she will learn from this and next time will skate better.
    Sorry for Rosa (((
    But the second gold for Russian ladies! Polina and now Liza. Who is next? Adelina maybe?... She was fantastic at the test skates...

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    288
    Ok, when you see the protocols it become even more worse ...

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Anyway, congrats to Liza! Hope she will learn from this and next time will skate better.
    Sorry for Rosa (((
    But the second gold for Russian ladies! Polina and now Liza. Who is next? Adelina maybe?... She was fantastic at the test skates...
    Yes Adelina in Austria! Hope she can handle the pressure better than Liza here! Good luck to her and please, don´t think to much little girl, only skating!

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli_Huber View Post
    Absoluly right .. hope Nina get a 2nd JPG. She is a really talented girl. And had to skate in real good JPG in France with high scores!

    Splat festival ... but for Liza its good - she learned that she must not be "perfect" ... that will help her to handle the pressure.
    Me too. But she has a shot, Davis only has 3 triples, Kiri is just coming off an injury, Wang has had UR issues in the past, so even though Kristiene and Yasmin and likely Samantha will get 2nd assignments ahead of her, assuming Gao gets 2 assignments, that still leaves 2 spots left, so Nina could be given a 2nd assignment, especially if the scores at the other events continue to be so low. Nina is 4 years younger than Kristene and Samantha and scored better than them, I think that speaks to her level of promise.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •