Ladies JGP Brasov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies JGP Brasov

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Not the smashing debut everyone was expecting from Tutktamysheva.... I'm sure she will crush everyone in the LP with her jump arsenal but it will be nice if she starts working on her SP consistency.. Im sure I dont want another Joannie/Mao/Lambiel for the next quad, full of soo much talent but always having to come back from way behind ather the SP.

Sheveleva in nice position to medal again and probably making the JGP Final and she even wasnt listed as one of the most prominent baby russian prodigies.;)

OH and Ouch for Cesario, out of the final group:disapp:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
From what I heard, Liza fell on her Lutz! So she have no combo!!!!

For that, her score is really really good ....

seniorita

Record Breaker
Not the smashing debut everyone was expecting from Tutktamysheva.... I'm sure she will crush everyone in the LP with her jump arsenal but it will be nice if she starts working on her SP consistency..

it is just her first international event:)i m so excited , i was waiting 2 years to see her in juniors!:clap:

gmyers

Record Breaker
What is weird about Sheleva is that she did so bad at Russian Jr nationals and now she is doing so good!!

I posted in the thread about Tuktamysheva that I expected her win the competition based on the LP not the SP so maybe that will happen.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Originally Posted by SamuraiKike
Not the smashing debut everyone was expecting from Tutktamysheva.... I'm sure she will crush everyone in the LP with her jump arsenal but it will be nice if she starts working on her SP consistency..

I'm frankly not surprised I think Liza feels a lot of pressure due to the hype and expectations that are on her shoulders. And she had some consistency issues last year, I think it may take her some time to learn how to handle the pressure.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm frankly not surprised I think Liza feels a lot of pressure due to the hype and expectations that are on her shoulders. And she had some consistency issues last year, I think it may take her some time to learn how to handle the pressure.

Agreed. Also judging from that video she looks like she had a pretty big growthspurt, and in figure skating even an inch or two can set one's jumps off (look what happened to Mirai in 08-09 and Caroline last season). Further, this is her first big international competition, she may have been very nervous, it seems like she gets nervous even in her local competitions sometimes. Hopefully she'll show us what she's capable of in the FS.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
What is weird about Sheleva is that she did so bad at Russian Jr nationals and now she is doing so good!!

I posted in the thread about Tuktamysheva that I expected her win the competition based on the LP not the SP so maybe that will happen.

She's just inconsistent. Last season she was 2nd after the SP at JGP Croatia and then had a mess of a FS and ended up 5th. Lake Placid was her first JGP ever so she may have been nervous there, but you could see she had the goods, she just made too many mistakes to medal. At Junior Nationals her placement was low (16th) but her score was about 122 so really she didn't do that badly. Further, at the 2nd Russian nationals a month later she skated great and scored 153 overall. Ever since then she seems to be skating well.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Rosa switched coaches after last year JGP and it took some time to get used to the new coach and to make jumps consistant... But she is really talented girl with elegant skating and nice lines, she also has good technique, her jumps are huge... I expect her to do really well this season, seems like consistency finally improved.
As for Liza, she've never been a SP skater. LP is her stronger side. Tomorrow it will be better ;)

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
As I wroted yesterday, Liza fall on her 3 Lutz and have no combo.
Nishino did 3T-3T Combination!
Cesarios triples both get a <.

Sorry, that´s all information I get!

babayaga

On the Ice
Are there any videos of ladies programs on youtube or anywhere else? Can't wait to see
them..

breeze

Rinkside
How old is Nishino? I vaguely remember hearing her name a couple years ago.. Is she going to seniors competition soon?

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Nishino is born in September 1993, so she is 17. She was absolut fabelous in her first Junior year. Won both her JGPs, was 3rd in JGP-Final and 5th at Junior Worlds. (07-08)
Then she become some problems - Puberty! - and the following season she was only 15th in her only JGP. (08-09)
Last season she come back strong and finished 2nd and 6th at her JGPs. (09-10)

She skated at Ondrej Nepela Memorial last year and finished 4th ... that was her first ISU Senior competiton.

And now, it looks that she really is back after the problems - I hope it! It´s always so worse, to see a talented skater struggle ....

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Not better for Liza today ... I really believe the pressure were toooooo big ... 2 Deductions ... hope she had a good time and make a lot of experience ... in Germany it will be better ... for sure little girl!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Not better for Liza today ... I really believe the pressure were toooooo big ... 2 Deductions ... hope she had a good time and make a lot of experience ... in Germany it will be better ... for sure little girl!!

I know :( , it's too bad because she is soo talented! I hope she has better luck in Germany! Looks like Cesario got hit hard with downgrades, her score isn't that great either, too bad as she's such a lovely skater.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I know :( , it's too bad because she is soo talented! I hope she has better luck in Germany!

Hope the same .. its so poor, because she can do sooooo much better. But in the end she will medal at her first JGP! But it must be so hard to skate when the whole world expect from you to win ....

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Hope the same .. its so poor, because she can do sooooo much better. But in the end she will medal at her first JGP! But it must be so hard to skate when the whole world expect from you to win ....

There are still 3 skaters left, Liza could be as low as 4th, or she could win the whole event!