Ladies JGP Brasov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies JGP Brasov

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes Adelina in Austria! Hope she can handle the pressure better than Liza here! Good luck to her and please, don´t think to much little girl, only skating!

She'll be up against Gao though, who has been doing great 3f-3t combos lately. I still think Adelina can beat Christina though if she skates well.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
There were overall 13 FALLS!! just in the last group.. Splatfest of epic proportions..:disapp::unsure:

Despite the gold, a very dissapointing debut for Tuktamysheva.. wish her all the best next time.
And poor Yuki:cry:

Cesario and Gong are assigned to JGP in Great Britain. With only 2 JGP spots left I Hope Siraj replaces Cesario now.. she has already a medal and still doesnt have a 2nd assignment.

feraina

Record Breaker
Goodness. Kristiene and Samantha each had 4 UR/DG in the LP, and was credited with one clean triple.

I'm happy that Shion Kokubun won the bronze. She skated closest to her ability among the top competitiors -- aside from a fall on the 3R, she did about as well as she could do. I hope she does better than 14th at her National's this year. Since it's her last year of ISU junior eligibility, she might disappear from int'l competitions next year unless she gets assigned to a senior B.

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
I really hope you are right. Aside from Nina, there was only one fall at JGP Courchevel in the last group. But here, there were 13 falls in the last group!

Juniors are so unpredictable.

All the more impressive that at 13, Caroline Zhang skated two clean programs (6-triple LP's) at all three JGP events and JW. Yes, she has all her issues, but at 13 she was an amazing competitor! I hope she comes back strong soon under her new coach.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Not the best competition but Tuktamysheva did the hardest 3 jump combo! 3Lutz/2toe/2loop then she did a 3lutz again! Too bad about the 3 flip but maybe she will change where it is. Most surprising is falling on the double axel but it was at the end of the program.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Goodness. Kristiene and Samantha each had 4 UR/DG in the LP, and was credited with one clean triple.

I'm happy that Shion Kokubun won the bronze. She skated closest to her ability among the top competitiors -- aside from a fall on the 3R, she did about as well as she could do. I hope she does better than 14th at her National's this year. Since it's her last year of ISU junior eligibility, she might disappear from int'l competitions next year unless she gets assigned to a senior B.

I think the USFS assigns girls like Cesario and Gong to the JGP to see how they fair there. Both girls are 17 and won't be eligible for the JGP for much longer, they both appeared to have improved a lot this summer, but the protocols at this event show that they still have a lot to work on, particularly with URs. Even though they managed to place pretty well at this event, their scores and protocols show a lot. Even Ellie Kawamura who made the JGPF last year did not get international assignments this season because despite her 3rd and 4th place finishes at her events, her scores and jump arsenal weren't all that impressive. If Kristiene and Samantha fair similarly at their next events, they likely will be given senior Bs or no international assignments next season. But if they can improve and put up really impressive scores, then they might get senior GP assignments next season.

Someone like Nina who is only 13 and only received one UR on the back end of a 3t-3t combo and managed to outscore both her teammates who are 4 years older is also making a statement despite her only placing 5th at her 1st event. She's proving herself to be one to watch in the future, her protocols show her technique is sound and her high PCS show her basic skating is strong. She may have bad luck this season and not end up with a 2nd event, but she still made an impressive debut and the USFS can see that. If she keeps it up, she'll have a lot more opportunities to compete on the JGP and hopefully the SGP in the future.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Not the best competition but Tuktamysheva did the hardest 3 jump combo! 3Lutz/2toe/2loop then she did a 3lutz again! Too bad about the 3 flip but maybe she will change where it is. Most surprising is falling on the double axel but it was at the end of the program.

She does the double axel with her arms over her head.

gold12345

Medalist
wow that was a weird competition,maybe there was something wrong with the ice.

It's probably because they are just young and inexperienced Juniors. As someone else said, these competitions can be completely unpredictable. One week, not many falls. And the next week, a ton of falls!

Selina11

Rinkside
It is sad to see, that so many ladies failed to make their minimum score. I don´t know, who are the potential candidates for european and world championships, but i think Sabina Paquier (ROU) must have the minimum score for the SP and FP from last years JGP but the score from Mirna Libric (CRO) is very crucial, hope she make it at her next JGP!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while and now I've decided to write for the first time. I just came back from Brasov, from the grand prix. Liza had a rough program in the long, but this is only because of the nerves. She had a great warm-up, but then her turn came, and before the music started she was already taking big gulps of air, she was very nervous. She looked very sad at the end. I will upload her long program tomorrow. About the other girls: Rosa was in tears after her program.She had a disastrous warm-up. I though that the american girls were very good, even if their scores were low. The girl from Japan who took bronze has a very very sweet smile, she was very happy after her program and she was all smiles on the podium.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while and now I've decided to write for the first time. I just came back from Brasov, from the grand prix. Liza had a rough program in the long, but this is only because of the nerves. She had a great warm-up, but then her turn came, and before the music started she was already taking big gulps of air, she was very nervous. She looked very sad at the end. I will upload her long program tomorrow. About the other girls: Rosa was in tears after her program.She had a disastrous warm-up. I though that the american girls were very good, even if their scores were low. The girl from Japan who took bronze has a very very sweet smile, she was very happy after her program and she was all smiles on the podium.
Thank you very much! Can't wait for the video!
Poor Rosa ((( Seems like the pressure is too big for little girls... As for Lisa, she will learn from this and next time will show us what she can do!
And why are so many american ladies have problems with URs? Is it a system or something?.. Both Samantha and Kristiene are lovely skaters, but only one rotated triple in the FS?..

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Thanks for the report!!

It´s good to hear, that Liza had a good warm-up, and she will learn to handle her nerves with the time! To be sad after this Long Programm is something really normal and it makes me really happy that she find her smile back at the victory ceremony as we saw on the picture.
Poor Rosa ... I believe she thought too much about her chance to make the Final.

I saw vidos of both Americans girl, and think both are great skaters. Too bad about the problems with the downgrades, hope both will learn to handle that.

Eris

On the Ice
About two American girls and Nina Jiang. I'm sad for Nina, cause Samantha placed higher here, so she gets more points, even her score was lower. :( Really hope Nina will get her second asignment, she deserves it.

As for URs, I think girls will work on it, especially Kristiene. She has such a good presentation, could hold the nerves and not fall, and, after all, she has poits for second place finishing, so there's no reason for not giving her a second JGP.

So, I want to see Nina and Kristienе competing again.:yay:

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
About two American girls and Nina Jiang. I'm sad for Nina, cause Samantha placed higher here, so she gets more points, even her score was lower. :( Really hope Nina will get her second asignment, she deserves it.

As for URs, I think girls will work on it, especially Kristiene. She has such a good presentation, could hold the nerves and not fall, and, after all, she has poits for second place finishing, so there's no reason for not giving her a second JGP.

So, I want to see Nina and Kristien competing again.:yay:

I agree with you, I really hope Nina gets another shot. I would love to see all 3 of those girls get a 2nd assignment but I guess that all depends on how the other American ladies fair at their first events.

Poor Rosa, she is so talented, I think she must get very nervous because last season also she was very inconsistent. But as you can see from videos of her, her jumps are just fantastic when she lands them, I think there must have been a lot of pressure on her to win this event after placing a close 3rd in France, being in 2nd after the SP here, and then seeing her competitors falter. Having a terrible warmup and then having to skate toward the end of the group doesn't help matters either. I guess there is still a shot she could qualify for the final, or at least be an alternate. I would love to see her at Junior Worlds this season, she is very lovely.

Looking at the protocols it looks like Samantha skated very well to the blind eye, all the URs made her scores a lot lower but she landed her jumps so I bet the overall effect of her performances were good. Looking at things so far, Yasmin and Kristiene are going to get 2nd assignments, and Nina, Samantha, Christina, Lindsay, Kiri, and Angela have all already been assigned to/competed in 1 event each, so that still leaves 4 more assignments for American girls. Assuming Christina gets a 2nd assignment, that would mean 3 more girls could get 2nd assignments if no one else is assigned, so potentially Samantha, Nina, and say Angela could all get a 2nd assignment.