Ladies JGP Brasov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies JGP Brasov

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Come on Rosa ... skate like in France and you will win and qualify for the Final!
And don´t do what the other in your group did ... we don´t wan´t a splat festival in the last group!

feraina

Record Breaker
Liza will get a medal. Can't believe how low the scores are in this comp. Nobody is skating up to their ability so far, among the top skaters (well, the French girl I don't know; I don't know what triples she has).

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Oh no ... Roza also skated really poooooor .... USA can win .. or will Liza win with poor programms compared to what she really can?

We have really a splat festival in the last group :disapp:

feraina

Record Breaker
3 falls from Rosa!

Samantha will not do worse than 4th -- so she will get a 2nd JGP, right?

Kristiene can actually win this if she can stay on her feet! 85.25 is definitely beatable for her.

I feel bad for Nina Jiang. She scored 10 points higher than Samantha in total, but she was only 5th in her comp. She may not get a 2nd assignment.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
I feel bad for Nina Jiang. She scored 10 points higher than Samantha in total, but she was only 5th in her comp. She may not get a 2nd assignment.

Chances are, they'll look at scores as well as rankings, especially when one of the two competitions was an utter splat-fest.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
3 falls from Rosa!

Samantha will not do worse than 4th -- so she will get a 2nd JGP, right?

Kristiene can actually win this if she can stay on her feet! 85.25 is definitely beatable for her.

I know :(. But if Samantha is 4th she may not definitely get a 2nd assignment, last season some skaters who placed 4th at their first event got a 2nd assignment while others did not.

feraina

Record Breaker
Kristiene won silver! Congratulations.

She had no deductions. Pops? UR's?

She got the highest PCS, and more than 5 points lower than Liza & Shion in TES. Judges must have liked her. :)

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
I can't believe Liza won! She got one point higher than Nina Jiang at the last JGP, meaning Nina could've won silver here!

Liza was really lucky to pull this one out. She could easily have gotten buried in the rankings if everyone else didn't bomb one after another...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Nina Jiang would have been 2nd at this event, like a point out of gold, with her scores from France. That must be frustrating...

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Absoluly right .. hope Nina get a 2nd JPG. She is a really talented girl. And had to skate in real good JPG in France with high scores!

Splat festival ... but for Liza its good - she learned that she must not be "perfect" ... that will help her to handle the pressure.

feraina

Record Breaker
The US girls were the only ones not to fall in the LP among the top 7.

That is both good and bad. Good because it meant they held their nerves well. Bad because they have serious under-rotation issues or something, and if their competitors manage to stay on their feet these two would be in trouble.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Anyway, congrats to Liza! Hope she will learn from this and next time will skate better.
Sorry for Rosa (((
But the second gold for Russian ladies! Polina and now Liza. Who is next? Adelina maybe?... She was fantastic at the test skates...

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Anyway, congrats to Liza! Hope she will learn from this and next time will skate better.
Sorry for Rosa (((
But the second gold for Russian ladies! Polina and now Liza. Who is next? Adelina maybe?... She was fantastic at the test skates...

Yes Adelina in Austria! Hope she can handle the pressure better than Liza here! Good luck to her and please, don´t think to much little girl, only skating!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Absoluly right .. hope Nina get a 2nd JPG. She is a really talented girl. And had to skate in real good JPG in France with high scores!

Splat festival ... but for Liza its good - she learned that she must not be "perfect" ... that will help her to handle the pressure.

Me too. But she has a shot, Davis only has 3 triples, Kiri is just coming off an injury, Wang has had UR issues in the past, so even though Kristiene and Yasmin and likely Samantha will get 2nd assignments ahead of her, assuming Gao gets 2 assignments, that still leaves 2 spots left, so Nina could be given a 2nd assignment, especially if the scores at the other events continue to be so low. Nina is 4 years younger than Kristene and Samantha and scored better than them, I think that speaks to her level of promise.