Ladies JGP Brasov | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies JGP Brasov

gmyers

Record Breaker
Hi! I've been reading this forum for a while and now I've decided to write for the first time. I just came back from Brasov, from the grand prix. Liza had a rough program in the long, but this is only because of the nerves. She had a great warm-up, but then her turn came, and before the music started she was already taking big gulps of air, she was very nervous. She looked very sad at the end. I will upload her long program tomorrow. About the other girls: Rosa was in tears after her program.She had a disastrous warm-up. I though that the american girls were very good, even if their scores were low. The girl from Japan who took bronze has a very very sweet smile, she was very happy after her program and she was all smiles on the podium.

Thanks for the report and planning to upload! Please post the link to it as well! Thanks!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I actually wrote that comment after seeing the first picture. You can see that Liza hasn't gone through puberty at all.

Yeah she hasn't but she is a lot taller than last season and can still jump. If she goes through puberty more gradually instead of all at once she may not have many issues with her jumps. There's a chance she won't get that much taller.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Yeah she hasn't but she is a lot taller than last season and can still jump. If she goes through puberty more gradually instead of all at once she may not have many issues with her jumps. There's a chance she won't get that much taller.

She's not expected to get that tall or that big. Mishin apparently looked at the parents before he agreed to take her on. She has really good technique on her jumps which helps too.

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Unfortunately no, my camera is pretty old and rusty and because there were many people in the arena filming, I thought it's useless to record with mine. The only reason I recorded Lisa's program was to show it to my mother as soon as I can because we were both excited about her debut. I really hope some of the people who recorded other programs will post the videos on youtube, because I have many regrets now about my decision!!

I just found on youtube some videos from Brasov.

http://www.youtube.com/user/divan0#p/u/1/XL5lxCy3KJM

There are others too from this user

Last edited:

feraina

Record Breaker
I just found on youtube some videos from Brasov.

http://www.youtube.com/user/divan0#p/u/1/XL5lxCy3KJM

There are others too from this user

Oh, thanks for the link! Good find. :)

Samantha looks great to the naked eye. Great presentation, great footwork, great spins. But even without slow-mo, you can see that she doesn't get much height on the jumps, nor fast rotations in the air -- the landings all look very tight.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Samantha looks very nice on the ice, more mature then the other girls. Her LP, with all the downgrades, was beautiful,confident and composed. I hope she improves her jumps.

Roza tried so hard in the warm-up to land the 3S, and by the end of it she was frustrated because she kept missing it. I felt she tried so hard for that jump, that when she landed it beautiful in the program, she completely lost focus and she fell apart after her first fall( i remember that in France, she fell on the 3S, so this may be her worst jump and that it's why it's her first jump in the program). She must learn not to give up: her last jump pass was a 2A, which she didn't even try it. I think she wanted it too much. But she is a lovely skater, I wish her the best!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Samantha looks very nice on the ice, more mature then the other girls. Her LP, with all the downgrades, was beautiful,confident and composed. I hope she improves her jumps.

Roza tried so hard in the warm-up to land the 3S, and by the end of it she was frustrated because she kept missing it. I felt she tried so hard for that jump, that when she landed it beautiful in the program, she completely lost focus and she fell apart after her first fall( i remember that in France, she fell on the 3S, so this may be her worst jump and that it's why it's her first jump in the program). She must learn not to give up: her last jump pass was a 2A, which she didn't even try it. I think she wanted it too much. But she is a lovely skater, I wish her the best!

I agree about Samantha. She is 17 though, so quite a bit older than a lot of the other ladies at the event. To me it seemed like Rosa was not really attacking her jumps in the FS, she went into them with little speed and hesistant takeoffs so it wasn't that surprising when they didn't work out. It's too bad, because her jumps are gorgeous when she attacks them.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I agree about Samantha. She is 17 though, so quite a bit older than a lot of the other ladies at the event. To me it seemed like Rosa was not really attacking her jumps in the FS, she went into them with little speed and hesistant takeoffs so it wasn't that surprising when they didn't work out. It's too bad, because her jumps are gorgeous when she attacks them.

Exactly there Samana and Gong SHOULD look more mature than Elizaveta and Rosa.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Exactly there Samana and Gong SHOULD look more mature than Elizaveta and Rosa.

Yeah girls tend to change a lot between the ages of 13 and 17, I mean, Polina Shelepen doesn't even look that grown up but she is way taller and older looking than she was 2 years ago. Gong looks pretty young for 17 though, probably because she is so petite.