competitors | Page 3 | Golden Skate

competitors

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
You cannot compare it in that way. The PCS are really different from competition to competition.
But it will be so great to see both at the JGPF. Hope both can skate their best there!
And with Shelepen ,Gao and Sirai there are more who can do really well.
JGPF will a really intresting competition with a deeeeep field!

shine

Record Breaker
Wow, good for Elizaveta!! What a monstrous score. The PCS is quite something.

I'm still crossing my fingers for little Zijun Li to sneak in and make the JGPF! I know even if she does make it, she probably won't medal in this deep field. But it would still be wonderful to see her compete on home ice!

LeCygne

Final Flight
I'm still crossing my fingers for little Zijun Li to sneak in and make the JGPF! I know even if she does make it, she probably won't medal in this deep field. But it would still be wonderful to see her compete on home ice!

Yes, so am I!! Right now half the spots are locked in with Adelina, Elizaveta, Christina, and Yasmin. That leaves room at the last event for Polina Sheleppen, Risa Shoji, Kiri Baga, and Li Zijun?? She'll need at least a silver to get by Kristiene Gong though. That or mistakes from the others...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I'm disappointed she didn't do the 3axel, but good for her for doing a 7-triple jump performance.

Still, I don't get too excited about juniors until they enter the big time ~ SENIORS ~ that's where it's at. And also I wait to see if they make it through puberty with their jumps intact & healthy to boot. Good Luck! :)

bekalc

Record Breaker
Darn, I'm disappointed she didn't do the 3axel, but good for her for doing a 7-triple jump performance.

Still, I don't get too excited about juniors until they enter the big time ~ SENIORS ~ that's where it's at. And also I wait to see if they make it through puberty with their jumps intact & healthy to boot. Good Luck! :)

I'm not that disappointed, I think it was a good idea for her to get a clean skate out of the way. Liza has more than just a 3axel.

Nadine

Record Breaker
That's a given. :) But I'd still like to see history made by her when it comes to the 3axel, as the axel is my favorite jump! :)^D

GOOOOOOOOOOO ELIZAVETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

bekalc

Record Breaker
That's a given. :) But I'd still like to see history made by her when it comes to the 3axel, as the axel is my favorite jump! :)^D

GOOOOOOOOOOO ELIZAVETA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If that jump is consistent in practice, I'm sure their goal is to have her do it eventually. But right now I think they wanted her just get comfortable with doing 7 triples at this level of competition. Baby steps and all.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes, so am I!! Right now half the spots are locked in with Adelina, Elizaveta, Christina, and Yasmin. That leaves room at the last event for Polina Sheleppen, Risa Shoji, Kiri Baga, and Li Zijun?? She'll need at least a silver to get by Kristiene Gong though. That or mistakes from the others...

If Zijun can come in 2nd at the event next week then she should make the final, and I think that is possible. Her FS score she put up in Graz was about 10 points higher than Kiri's and comparable to Shoji's in Japan, so I do think it's possible that she may finish ahead of both of them in CZE.

oleada

Record Breaker
If that jump is consistent in practice, I'm sure their goal is to have her do it eventually. But right now I think they wanted her just get comfortable with doing 7 triples at this level of competition. Baby steps and all.

Agreed - it's one thing to do a 7 triple program at a local competition, but another one to do it at an international one with a lot on the line. After her rather disastrous skates in Romania, I'm sure both Liza and her coaches wanted her to redeem herself!

I hope someone made videos of this competition. There are so many skaters I would like to see, especially Liza, Kosygina/Moroshkin and the top 2 pair teams.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I'm not that disappointed, I think it was a good idea for her to get a clean skate out of the way. Liza has more than just a 3axel.

I think so too.
After her first event, they must be so happy and proud about what she was doing her!
And when her 3Axel is stabil in training and she feel comfortable with it, we will see it. But only then.
Sometimes it is necessary to give the skaters some time. And with a programm like yesterday, she can beat everyone without the 3A.
What a wunderfull junior years with all that ladies. So fantastic!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Ice Dance Competition

Is there some way of finding out the officials (technical caller and judging panel) for this, and any other JGP?

I find the dance competition strange, in that a few short weeks:

--Lichtman/Copely between Graz and Dresden had a -5 drop in their SP (mostly due to having step sequences/TES base downgraded) and a -6.5 drop in their FS, with drops in TES and PCS. L/C won the Graz event.

--Kosigina/Moroshkin between Courchevel and Dresden had a +8 rise in their SP (big jumps in both TES and PCS) and a +11 rise in their FS (huge ditto). And their first JGP outings weren't small to begin with. These guys aren't Monko/Khaliavin quality.

I'm not a believer in coincidences. Without some kind of major mistake to account for in the numbers, you just don't fall or rise that much, that quickly. I can't believe these teams changed their programs that much, particularly I don't believe L/C voluntarily omitted TES base from a program that got them a gold in Graz! I smell the distinct odor of rat here.

Last edited:

elif

Medalist
--Kosigina/Moroshkin between Courchevel and Dresden had a +8 rise in their SP (big jumps in both TES and PCS) and a +11 rise in their FS (huge ditto). And their first JGP outings weren't small to begin with. These guys aren't Monko/Khaliavin quality.

I'm not a believer in coincidences. Without some kind of major mistake to account for in the numbers, you just don't fall or rise that much, that quickly. I can't believe these teams changed their programs that much, particularly I don't believe L/C voluntarily omitted TES base from a program that got them a gold in Graz! I smell the distinct odor of rat here.

they're skating together only for several months and she fall in the free at france.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Still doesn't explain why L/C dropped so much in 3 short weeks, presumably with the identical program and with protocols that aren't showing major goofs. I'd believe a point-ish or so, but in ice dance not -5 and -6.5 SP/FS drops. Their coaches need to be making some inquiries.

elif

Medalist
Still doesn't explain why L/C dropped so much in 3 short weeks, presumably with the identical program and with protocols that aren't showing major goofs. I'd believe a point-ish or so, but in ice dance not -5 and -6.5 SP/FS drops. Their coaches need to be making some inquiries.

they probably did a mistake.

Graz SD:
STw4 6.00 + 0.43 (GOE) = 6.43
VW1Sq3 5.00 + 0.36 (GOE) = 5.36
VW2Sq3 7.00 + 0.21 (GOE) = 7.21
NtMiSt3 6.50 + 0.86 (GOE) = 7.36
CuLi4 4.00 + 0.64 = 4.64

Judges Total Program Component Score (factored) 22.38

Germany SD

STw4 6.00 + 0.29 = 6.29 (- 0.11)
VW1Sq3 5.00 + 0.14 = 5.14 (-0.22)
VW2Sq1 3.50 - 0.07 = 3.43 (-3.78) (negative GOE)
NtMiSt3 6.50 + 0.86 = 7.36 (0)
CuLi4 4.00 + 0.36 = 4.36 (-0.36)

Judges Total Program Component Score (factored) 21.93 (-0.45)

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Kosigina/Moroshkin are such a new team - I think Courchevel was one of the first if not the first competition as a team - that a little time means a lot more improvement than a team who has been together a while. Actually, I think they are quite deserving in high PCS (more so than Lichtman/Copely). She is outstanding with gorgeous positions and stretch and they both have nice basics. If she was injured, and they had mistakes in France, it's understandable why they would score much higher in their second event.

I think the technical calling here was much stricter than in Austria, as the scores were low across the board compared to other events (aside from Courchevel, which seems to be a big anomaly). The difference between L/C FD score is almost all made up of difference in base value (31.5 vs. 36.00). They had one of the highest base values, so I don't think the technical team was deliberately out to screw them over.

You say "presumably with identical programs" and that's exactly it - presumption. They might be the same programs, but they could have been skated very differently at each event. In fact, by the protocol, it looks like they made a mistake in the SD.

gold12345

Medalist
In fact, by the protocol, it looks like they made a mistake in the SD.

Yeah, and aren't a lot of the dance teams missing levels here or there so far this season? Getting level 1s instead of Level 3s or 4s can explain plenty of discrepancies in scoring. I actually find it refreshing that the judges are being very strict with this... It makes it seem like ice dance has real rules, rather than already knowing before the event starts who will skate better than who.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Does anyone know where we can see the performances?
I can't find any on youtube :(
Specifically Elizaveta and Christina

Thanks in advance