Thread: Nicole Bobek works to rebuild her life after crystal meth arrest

Custom Title

Nicole Bobek works to rebuild her life after crystal meth arrest

very poignant video of nicole at the top of the article...
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,544025.story

It's nice to see that she's trying to pull her life back together again. She seems like she's really trying by getting a job at the rink helping hockey players with edge control, working on her GED, etc.

I wish her the best!

She sounds like she's trying really hard to turn her life around! Good luck to this young lady!

Custom Title
    Yes, it sounds like she is doing well. I wish her the best.

Custom Title
    Thanks for posting. I'm so glad she seems to be really committed to getting herself on the right track. I surely hope things continue to stay on a good note for her. I also like that it was suggested that she needs to get on the ice again. I think it's a positive thing for her.

Custom Title
    I always tended to think that a performer with such addiction problems can't ever recover, but after Robert Downey, Jr., I have revised my outlook. I hope Bobek follows Downey's example, and that of Drew Barrymore, and keeps the monkey off her back for good.

Down With It
    Interesting article. Too bad she ended up down that road, but if she can get out of it, mad props.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I always tended to think that a performer with such addiction problems can't ever recover, but after Robert Downey, Jr., I have revised my outlook. I hope Bobek follows Downey's example, and that of Drew Barrymore, and keeps the monkey off her back for good.
    "You can get it out of your body but you can never get it out of your head."
    Charlie Parker

He also said this:

"Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art."
    Charlie Parker

Hope Nicole stays strong and has a good support group around her.
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-14-2010 at 08:30 AM.

Just an average girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    It took Downey several tries and a year in prison. Also, Downey had/has a child, and that provides motivation when all else fails. He also had talent and a career. I think a big part of Bobek's problem is that her career is essentially done. There is no Champions on Ice tour to return to. She has no education. A GED is nice, but it won't open doors for her. She has to discover and build a new life. Hopefully she can.

Custom Title
    Good reporting on Phil Hersh's side.

And it's good to see that through it all Nicole's has always maintained her smile and natural affability. And now her humility.