Thread: Who else is going?

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Question Who else is going?

I hope too (crossing my fingers all goes well & there is no snow or ice, lol).

I plan on driving because it is only about 3 hours away from me, leastways when I'm speeding, which is ALL the time. :D

Here's the schedule, et al:

http://www.usfsa.org/Events.asp?id=397

Custom Title
    As the hour gets closer I'm getting more & more excited, lol! :D

Therefore, I've been hovering over at the USFSA & ISU sites respectively, trying to select which package I want, even though I don't purchase tickets until literally the last second because if there is ice & snow on the road then we're not going. Better to be safe than sorry. In the meantime I'm praying it doesn't snow, please God!

Still, while shopping this past weekend at the mall, we were trying to figure out what gifts to get our favorite skaters. Lol, though my baby niece is a fan of Johnny Weir, that's all, and is disappointed he won't be skating. :( And she's not quite familiar with any of the ladies, however I hope that changes once we attend. (:^) So it was left up to me to decide what to buy, and thus far I haven't bought anything because first I want to make sure to buy what they like, of course. But during the looking phase I ended up buying my baby niece & nephew everything, the skaters nothing, and myself a pair of Swarovski Breast Cancer Awareness Earrings (10% of the proceeds go to breast cancer research, as October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month) in honor of my late grandmother whom died of this terrible disease back in 1972.

So my quest is to find out what the following skaters treasure/collect/enjoy:

Daisuke Takahashi
    Adrian Schultheiss
    Adam Rippon

Laura Lepisto
    Carolina Kostner
    Rachael Flatt
    Caroline Zhang

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SKATE AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Title
    I don't think you have to be too fearful of ice and snow in Portland in November. I, too, am going to Skate America. This will be the first competition I have attended. I did buy my tickets a couple weeks ago. I grew up in the area and am visiting my parents for a few days before the competition. I decided to stay downtown Portland during Skate America. I love Portland. Since I don't get to a bigger city often, it will be a treat.

Custom Title
    Allright, that's GREAT that you are going to see your first competition live!!!!! *clapping*

As for me, I live in Seattle, so it only takes around 3.5 hrs. to get to Portland when I drive fast, which I always do, lol. :D But honestly I am apprehensive about ice & snow because it's supposed to be a bad one here this winter per the weather newscast (hopefully not as bad as a couple of years ago wherein I was honestly house bound for 6 weeks!). This is why I'm literally waiting till the last minute to get tickets, et al (lol, did the same thing for the Olympics up in Vancouver btw).

That said, me & my baby niece are supposed to go gift shopping for the skaters either this weekend or next, though I'd like to do it this weekend because next weekend is Halloween!!!!! I already have our list compiled (looked up each skater individually on the 'net to see what they like). (:^)

p.s. I'm mixing business with pleasure that weekend as well, so it will be a pleasureable experience all around, seeing skating live & also buying some products for my business.

Custom Title
    Addendum:

I'm going to ask my niece this weekend if she still wants to go, because I honestly don't want to anymore. With Zhenya gone, I'm finding my love of skating is slowly diminishing as well. In fact I honestly only came back for him.

Lol, I'm the figure skating fan in the family anyway, she loves roller skating & roller derby, and also wrestling (ugh), which I can't stand but her father loves it so not surprisingly she does as well. I'll see if she'd rather go to something like that instead. But if she wants to go to Skate America, then I'll do it, though my heart is no longer in it.

I'm going from Spokane, which is close (6 hours) but I dont know Portland. Any good places near the Rose Garden to eat, either for a quick meal or a longer one?
    Let me know when (and if) the official practice schedules pop up on a website.