Men Cup of Austria | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men Cup of Austria

babayaga

On the Ice
Can anyone explain why Richard Dornbush's combo 3L-2T-2L is listed as an invalid element? What happened?

babayaga

On the Ice
Thank you guys for explanations.
In any case this is strange - this could not have been planned, right? His coach knows the rules I suppose.

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
Too bad my feed died during the winner... I just saw the opening; but I *did* think straight from the first second that this guy was something special. Looked like something between Kozuka and Chan (but I only saw a tiny bit of his program, so maybe I'll have to reassess once I see an entire program by this guy).

Oh and too bad about Dornbusch's invalid element; my memory might me faulty, but was that the combo he did with a tano in the last jump?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Can anyone explain why Richard Dornbush's combo 3L-2T-2L is listed as an invalid element? What happened?

He had already done 3A+3T<, 3Lz+3T, 3A. That's two triple toes (attempts) and two triple axels, så he couldn't also repeat the triple lutz. You're only allowed to repeat two kinds of triples/quads. He should've done a triple flip instead.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Some very interesting results for the LP..

Morais had the best TES but was only 12th! on PCS.. I think is nice that for a change judges are apparently judging those two things differently;).

Sad that Grigoriev had such a rough LP (only 10th in TES) but at least still managed the silver:eek: Dornbush now needs to podium at his next event if he wants to make the final.

Also a great score (above 100pts) for Petr Coufal who is just 15. Nevermind the winner Yan who's only 14.. a very very promising future.

feraina

Record Breaker
I don't know how Dornbush and his coach could've planned the jump layout so badly. That's a really odd mistake.

Too bad my feed died during the winner... I just saw the opening; but I *did* think straight from the first second that this guy was something special. Looked like something between Kozuka and Chan (but I only saw a tiny bit of his program, so maybe I'll have to reassess once I see an entire program by this guy).

Yan Han is awesome! (And he's only 14! Yes, he won JGP Turkey last year when he was 13. Too bad he wasn't given a 2nd JGP assignment. Very strange.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG-iMdQRr7c

Hopefully the Chinese federation will be smarter this time and send Yan to a second assignment. I think with a little mileage under him, that LP can only get better. I like his musicality. My two favorite junior men are Yan Han and Jason Brown. Jason is a little more polished, but Han's jumps are better -- bigger, higher, and more flow. It's amazing how a little 14-yr-old can jump so big, and some of Yan Han's jumps feel like they come out of nowhere.

treeloving

Medalist
Nan Song left juniors?

Yes, he is already too old for junior

Oh, I just notice that Yan Han uses the same music as Yuzuru Hanyu; Battle of zigeunerweisen!!!!! I'm sure he and Hanyu will have a great rivalry in the future.

Last edited: