Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 138

Thread: Ladies

  1. #76
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Since she's born on July 1, does this mean Sotnikova isn't eligible for Sr Worlds next year either?
    Yeah, she won't be. She'll be 15 on July 1, 2011. One day too young. Just like she was 13 on July 1, 2009 and still couldn't compete in JGP events last season.

  2. #77
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Yeah, she won't be. She'll be 15 on July 1, 2011. One day too young. Just like she was 13 on July 1, 2009 and still couldn't compete in JGP events last season.
    Oh okay, thanks. What bad luck to be only one day too young. But at least she'll get plenty of Jr experience.

  3. #78
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Oh okay, thanks. What bad luck to be only one day too young. But at least she'll get plenty of Jr experience.
    Yeah, the experience will be good. And she should be GP-eligible next season (I believe you can be 14 and on the GP circuit, like Caroline Zhang was her first GP year), so she can get some senior international experience too.

    Plus there will be no issues with her age in 2014 for the Sochi Olympics. She'll be 17 then. I'd think that would be even worse, if she wouldn't be Olympic-eligible because of being one day too young. The JGP and the Worlds team are every-year events, so having to wait for them isn't as bad as having to wait for the Olympics would be.

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    And the Olympics are on home turf for her

    But it's too early to think of that! Anything could happen...

  5. #80
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    Ok, so what happened to polina. Has she grown a lot or something? It looks like she couldn't rotate any triples in both the sp and lp.
    Russia could very well have 0 medal contention girls in 2014. All of them are oddly inconsistent. The best so far is so young, who knows if she can manage her puberty, boys, etc.

  6. #81
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,007
    Just looking at protocols.

    Adelina did a 3Z-3Lo which generated 11.4 points. Wow! By the far the highest scoring element in the competition.

    It looks like Christina did not go for the 3-3, which makes her score pretty impressive! And it looks like she still had to work on her Lutz. The edge call cost her about 2 points. I'm thinking she's leaving some points on the table by not doing another combo somewhere. But otherwise nice work.

    PCS was similar though (Christina only had 1.77 less) so clearly the battle was won on the TCS. Here's a breakdown

    Adelina vs Christina (by order of highest point value after GOE)
    JUMPS
    3Lz-3LO vs 3L-2T-2L (A by 3.30 points)
    2A-3T vs 3F-2T (C by .70 points)
    3Lz vs 3F* (A by .87 points)
    3F vs 3L* (A by .19 points)
    3L vs. 3T* (A by 1.19 points)
    3S* vs 3S (A by .82 points)
    2A* vs 2A* (A by .21 points)

    OTHER ELEMENTS
    CCoSp4 vs CCosp4 (A by .5 points)
    FCSp4 vs Fssp4 (A by .56 points)
    LSp4 vs Lsp4 (C by .22 points)
    SlSt3 vs Slst2 (A by .79 points) -- Christina got a level 2 on this spin. OUCH.

  7. #82
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Ok, so what happened to polina. Has she grown a lot or something? It looks like she couldn't rotate any triples in both the sp and lp.
    Russia could very well have 0 medal contention girls in 2014. All of them are oddly inconsistent. The best so far is so young, who knows if she can manage her puberty, boys, etc.
    Polina is always like this, she falls, has UR at the beginning of the season, but then does great and rotate everything like last year at Junior Nationals and Junior Worlds, she'll be OK, I tell you
    Don't worry, there are more than 1-3 strong girls here in Russia. I counted about 10 And there are still Lipnitskaya and Medvedeva who will be at the JGP next season. Oh, and Ksenia Makarova too.

    Adelina was amazing, what more can I say? Star quality on everything! And she is just like ballerina, so graceful and cute! I like her programs very much (TAT choregraphed both, and this time she did really well!). Best wishes for her, what a talent!

  8. #83
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Ok, so what happened to polina. Has she grown a lot or something? It looks like she couldn't rotate any triples in both the sp and lp.
    Russia could very well have 0 medal contention girls in 2014. All of them are oddly inconsistent. The best so far is so young, who knows if she can manage her puberty, boys, etc.
    Gotta love this quote. Russia has won all three JGP events so far, Makarova is young and doing well and they have more talents coming up the ranks but they have no hope in Sochi. Hilarious.

  9. #84
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Gotta love this quote. Russia has won all three JGP events so far, Makarova is young and doing well and they have more talents coming up the ranks but they have no hope in Sochi. Hilarious.
    +1
    If Russia has no hope, what about USA? Lower than zero?..

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,616
    Christina got the silver!

    I am seeing high scores here. Do the new rules make the scores higher for everyone?

  11. #86
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Christina got the silver!

    I am seeing high scores here. Do the new rules make the scores higher for everyone?
    No, the FS scores should be about the same as the girls perform the same element. Though GOE's and base values and downgrades rules have changed, I don't think it is easier to get high scores. It's just gotten a little harder getting very, very low scores. SP scores should be lower compared to last season, as the girls don't perform a spiral sequence anymore.

    Is it true Christina Gao won't get another JGP assignment? I looked at the entries for the final four JGP's and Christina is only a substitute. Whoever's in charge must be crazy not to send her to another competition.

  12. #87
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Is it true Christina Gao won't get another JGP assignment? I looked at the entries for the final four JGP's and Christina is only a substitute. Whoever's in charge must be crazy not to send her to another competition.
    No, all the girls in Germany and Chezh are just placeholders. Christina will get her second assignment without doubt.

  13. #88
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Gotta love this quote. Russia has won all three JGP events so far, Makarova is young and doing well and they have more talents coming up the ranks but they have no hope in Sochi. Hilarious.
    Did you not catch the inconsistency part? They could be winning in one event and totally bomb the next. Like Polina. Hilarious. Why do people get so defensive? :sheesh:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star
    If Russia has no hope, what about USA? Lower than zero?..
    So? It's not about USA vs. Russia. This is 2010, we're not in the cold war era anymore, Lucky Star. Did you just watch Salt or something? .

  14. #89
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Did you not catch the inconsistency part? They could be winning in one event and totally bomb the next. Like Polina. Hilarious. Why do people get so defensive? :sheesh:
    And? They are 13-14 years old, what did you expect? Show me a consistent 13-14 y.o. skater, please. Consistency comes with time and experience
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    So? It's not about USA vs. Russia. This is 2010, we're not in the cold war era anymore, Lucky Star. Did you just watch Salt or something? .
    Just saying... So if Russia has no chance, USA and Japan obviously don't have any chances either... Who will skate in 2014?

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Ok, so what happened to polina. Has she grown a lot or something? It looks like she couldn't rotate any triples in both the sp and lp.
    Russia could very well have 0 medal contention girls in 2014. All of them are oddly inconsistent. The best so far is so young, who knows if she can manage her puberty, boys, etc.
    Polina is still tiny, she grew up a little bit, but not much. She's kind of like Rachael Flatt in that she gets a slow start to the season, usually performing a bit shaky at her first competitions and then slowly building and becoming more consistent by the end of the season. Her jumps were on in the SP, in the FS it looked like she was telegraphing her jumps a lot, being a bit hesitant going into them and that's likely why they didn't work out. The potential is still there and I'm sure she'll do better come nationals and JW if she makes the team. And if she continues to have some jumping issues she'd be great in pairs!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •