Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistry View Post
    Totally agree. PCS too high for Gao. Why? Not sure, but I hope we will start seeing a change in PCS marks as the years progress. This is the weakest part of the system, and it makes it really much less exciting for spectators to watch when actual presentation differences of the skaters (how they did artistically in each particular program on a given night) are not reflected mathematically in the same proportion, relative to others on that night. Bummer.
    PCS tend to be based somewhat on reputation. Where Christina is the reigning JGPF bronze medalist, she has a reputation with the judges as being a good/top skater. Zijun on the other hand was making her JGP debut at this event and therefore had no international reputation at all. I know Adelina was making her JGP debut here as well, but she won Russian Senior (and Junior) Nationals as a 12 year old and her skating is not juniorish in the slightest, which can't be said for Zijun. Also Zijun got PCS of 48+ for the FS last week in Ostrava, which was the 2nd highest PCS of all the ladies in that segment, suggesting that her strong performance in Graz helped boost her reputation and thus PCS in Ostrava. I'm not saying reputation scoring is right, just that it usually happens.

Custom Title
    After comparing Adelina and Christina's lp,coming from someone who prefers Adelina much more than Christina,i have to say they both had equal amount jumps,but Adelina had a 2A and then a slip on the triple touching the floor,then her last two jumps were a 2A whereas Christina skated clean even if it wasn't great.
    Basically Adelina was overscored cause she did have excellent jumps but nothing too special unlike her sp.
    In overall Christina was slightly better,sad she didn't win.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by raress View Post
    It was 3lz-3L at the beginning!
    It was a 3lz-2L at the beginning you can see it clearly on here in slowmotion as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sXl9g2lylg

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10