Ladies | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Yukiko looks a little more mature than last season and the short hair recall the skate copenhagen's performance a lot. About mistakes,she often make a mistake
comes back FS strong (eg 2008 JGPF) so hope she does well here as well. If she's perfect, she can be 3rd or 4th,which is a chance to make JGPF this year.

Zijun is a talented skater and Ms Li becomes the head coach of chinese figure skating, so she must be a really great skater like Lulu!! can't wait to see Zijun and other girls from China like Wang Xuehen make the last group at the World Championships.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Polina 3Lz-3T - maybe URed on the Toe
3loop - maybe URed on the loop.
spiral into 2A - trouble with the landing
great footwork
great spins
the last spin is so fast and centered.

51.50. The announcer said "61.50, excuse me, 51.50" :). Looks like they docked her jumps hard.
Wow!!!!

gold12345

Medalist
Zijun LI is such a nice skater, likde her, so sad for a fall :(

Yes she was a pleasant surprise for me. Nice to see China with a promising Jr lady.

On another note, the top 3 all skated rather well!

Last edited:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
This JGP is really great to watch! The first 3 were amazing, and also some of the rest!

Too poor about Julia Pfrengle. She can do soooo much better ....

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Pardon the poor formatting.

1 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 61.32
2 Christina GAO USA 58.07
3 Polina AGAFONOVA RUS 51.50
4 Lindsay DAVIS USA 49.43
5 Zijun LI CHN 47.56
6 Ira VANNUT BEL 46.33
7 Alina MILEVSKAIA UKR 43.37
8 Patricia GLESCIC SLO 42.87
9 Monika SIMANCIKOVA SVK 42.60
10 Yukiko FUJISAWA JPN 41.45
11 Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY FRA 40.72
12 Julia PFRENGLE GER 40.41
13 Kate CHARBONNEAU CAN 39.91
14 Katsiarina PAKHAMOVICH BLR 37.40
15 Ayumi GOTO JPN 37.27
16 Kristina KOSTKOVA CZE 37.25
17 Victoria HUEBLER AUT 37.14
18 Reyna HAMUI MEX 36.96
19 Rebecka EMANUELSSON SWE 35.46
20 Alice GARLISI ITA 34.21
21 Anais MORAND SUI 33.81
22 Zanna PUGACA LAT 33.00
23 Belinda SCHÖNBERGER AUT 32.85
24 Alexandra KAMIENIECKI POL 32.74
25 Stina MARTINI AUT 32.50
26 Birce ATABEY TUR 30.66
27 Daria PODTELEJNIKOVA DEN 28.68
28 Joyce DEN HOLLANDER NED 28.62
29 Camilla GJERSEM NOR 26.65
30 Nadia GELDENHUYS RSA 25.50
31 Judit GRIGA HUN 23.31

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow! I'm looking forward to the battle for bronze ;)

Yeah, looks like the battle is on between Adelina and Christina for the gold, and the next 3 or 4 for the bronze. Ira Vannut was a nice surprise, but given her low PCS, I doubt she will be too much of a factor in the LP unless the 3 above her all skate below par.

This JGP looks way more competitive in ladies than the previous two! Let's hope the LP will not be a spatfest like the last one!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I sort of think the top 3 will stay the way they are now. Fujisawa and Charbonneau will likely pull up, Pfrengle probably can too. Davis may drop a bit because of her limited technical content, but I see her finishing from 4th to 6th at this event, maybe even 3rd depending on what others do. Adelina can definitely win if she's clean, but if she has a couple falls and Gao goes clean, it could go either way.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I watched Christina's SP and it looked pretty good. Her 3-3 was beautiful, the loop looked okay (although her entrance is awkward), and her double axel was a little low but clean. I definitely think her toe jumps are better than her edge jumps. Loved her footwork and edges throughout. Spins still need work though, the layback traveled in the beginning and the biellman (and donut) kills her speed. Probably a bit of first international competition nerves, but I'm glad she pulled off the 3-3. I think not being in the lead will be good for her in the LP.

I haven't really seen Adelina, how is her consistency? Although it's probably not likely with Polina Agafonova currently in 3rd, I hope Li Zijun pulls up for bronze. :) It sounds like she did well except for the freak fall in the footwork.

oleada

Record Breaker
To this point, Adelina's been a skater who tends to do better in her SPs than her LPs. But even if she does poorly in her LPs, she does tend to rotate all her triples. She definitely goes for it. I think the competition is hers for the taking. The judges obviously loved her, and she has better spins, flexibility and jump technique than Gao. She just needs to skate as close to clean as possible, because Gao is obviously very good.

Last year, she was having a lot of trouble due to the fact that she was getting taller, but her jumps always get a lot of height and she is very charismatic (which Christina isn't as much).

LeCygne

Final Flight
^ Thanks! I think Gao does have pretty solid jump technique, but I agree that her other flaws are probably more numerous. It'll be interesting to see the two skate back to back.

I found Li Zijun's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqm_te-RzAU She is really very good! Nice job on the jumps and such a pity about the fall entering the spin. No doubt she would have broken 50 otherwise.

shine

Record Breaker
Wow Zijun looks so tall now! She improved so much over the summer. I think Mingzhu Li has done a great job with her. I thought she did a better job at presenting the program at S/Z's show earlier though. She just looked out of it after the fall. But good job for landing all the jumps! She would've definitely challenged Agafonova if it weren't for the fall.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
To this point, Adelina's been a skater who tends to do better in her SPs than her LPs. But even if she does poorly in her LPs, she does tend to rotate all her triples. She definitely goes for it. I think the competition is hers for the taking. The judges obviously loved her, and she has better spins, flexibility and jump technique than Gao. She just needs to skate as close to clean as possible, because Gao is obviously very good.

Last year, she was having a lot of trouble due to the fact that she was getting taller, but her jumps always get a lot of height and she is very charismatic (which Christina isn't as much).

I agree. If both girls are clean Adelina will likely come out on top. Christina is usually pretty consistent in the LP though so Adelina probably can't afford to make too many mistakes if she wants to win, 1 fall might be okay but if she falls 2 times then Gao could probably win if she skates well.