USOC / NBC Praise for Evan Lysacek | Page 9 | Golden Skate

USOC / NBC Praise for Evan Lysacek

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I can't think of any other female skater who has or has had that power - except Janet Lynn. Others are mezmerizing - Kristi, Lu Chen, Oksana, Sasha, Kim, Mao.... and some are infectuous - Tara, Sarah, Mirai, Akiko ... but that feeling of being taken on a journey of emotions - only Michelle did that to me.

Whenever I watch Midori Ito, I just want to stand up and cheer.
Michelle also had a few LPs.

None of the current girls do it for me anymore except Flatt at Nationals for the past 2 years. I got nervous for her.

seniorita

Record Breaker
In the era of the miniskirt in everyday wear, skating skirts had to be even shorter?

wouldn't it be great to have a thread about the evolution of costumes? One more impression I had is in late 80s and early 90s costumes were a lot different, so bizarre to watch them so tight in the upper part!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Here is Lori Nichol talking about working with Evan and some of her thoughts about choreo........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGvNyZzwVM

and here is Vera Wang talking about dressing Nancy.

ETA: I moved the Vera/Nancy clip over t o the "Skating Costumes" thread.

Last edited:
Oh, man, that dress! We HAVE to have a costume thread! It will be dominated by the Vera Wang skaters (Nancy and Michelle), Carolina Kostner, and the Finnish ladies.

After that, all the feathers and sequins can come in.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Here is a nice article about Evan and how well he handled himself after winning the OGM.

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...09/usoc-boss-gives-props-to-evan-lysacek.html

"Evan Lysacek, on very little sleep, appeared before the world press repeatedly in the hours following his victory,'' Ebersol said. "He so artfully walked through that whole minefield and made us proud to be Americans."
"He never took the bait. He just talked about how wonderful it was to be an Olympian. It was spectacular."

:thumbsup:

This is why I'm an Evan fan!! He's just wonderful. That's my boy!