Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko writes letter to ISU

I hope Plushy gets reinstated.
    But I wonder why the comments on this thread all feel a bit off.

Some suggested this means Plushy wants to compete all four years heading into Sochi. Please, is there a shred of evidence supporting that?

The question that seems pertinent to me is why now, a week before the Japan Open is Plushy first writing a letter for reinstatement?

It makes me wonder if a snag has come up over his invitation to appear at the Japan Open.
    Earlier Plushy had said he would skate there and his attitude was more like I dare anyone to stop me.

So why this turn around and why a letter for reinstatement right before the Japan Open?
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-29-2010 at 06:54 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Earlier Plushy had said he would skate there and his attitude was more like I dare anyone to stop me.
    where have he said that? he said he got an invitation for an ISU sactioned event and hoped this is a good sign to fix further the problem, I m not aware of another interview.He certainly doesnt look with attitude in the video.

We discussd this exact thing in the last Plushy thread. It was discussed in detail.

Plushy said he would skate at the Japan Open and would worry about the consequences later. He said he was invited and therefore he would appear and skate. It was very clear and we discussed it. We wondered if Speedy would come down on the JSF, and other thoughts.

My last post asked if something has come up that suddenly has Plushy writing a letter right before the Japan Open.
    It is a fair question and really the only thing I am curious about.

yes it was a discussion about Tony Wheelers blog question and we figured out that since Japan Open is a sanctioned event there is no violation (since there is not pro and amateur status in ISU), he said I m invited, so I'll go, i dont know what the comment about the attitude dont dare to stop me comes from, but it is the norm I guess, plushy is the villain we all know as a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    yes it was a discussion about Tony Wheelers blog question and we figured out that since Japan Open is a sanctioned event there is no violation (since there is not pro and amateur status in ISU), he said I m invited, so I'll go, i dont know what the comment about the attitude dont dare to stop me comes from, but it is the norm I guess, plushy is the villain we all know as a fact.
    The NBC "Villain" comment from the other thread was followed by this "" which should let anyone know I did not take it seriously.

AFAIK, Plushy is presently suspended and banned from appearing at all ISU sanctioned events. If you recall from the last Plushy thread I disagreed with the suspension and like most skating fans think Plushy still competing or even just appearing in shows or pro-am type events like the Japan Open is good for skating.

There is only one Plushenko and there is no one like him in all of skating.

So please view my question - not as an attack - but as a legitimate question.
    I also mentioned I see nothing from the article that suggests Plushy wants to rush back to compete in GP's or Worlds this season and I believe he will comback possibly two years before Sochi as opposed to the one year we saw for Vancouver.

Custom Title
    yeah lol indeed, i m not native english, but i knew the procedure as he says it and i had written that he cant do it by himself as a skater but only through his federation which is the body to contact with ISU, of course he needs to write them, what you had written back then was that even with a hope that his federation help him maybe ISU would not aproove, this is what my quote was about then, but since you have such good memory you know that already.
    My original reply was something like this: "Even if Plushenko hopes to reinstate with the help of his federation, that still means that he will need the approval from ISU."

You insisted that he does not need "the help" of his federation, as far as I understood. And I´m far from being a native in English, LOL.
    Last edited by Jaana; 09-29-2010 at 12:36 PM.

all I had meant is that RF is not in charge to provide officially any help, all they can do is forward the papers of his application as it is supposed to be done and the body to take any decision is only ISU and none else. Really, i feel like I m writing tomato and people read potato.
    Last edited by seniorita; 09-29-2010 at 01:04 PM.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    AFAIK, Plushy is presently suspended and banned from appearing at all ISU sanctioned events.
    I wrote this somewhere (maybe as comments to Tony's blog) but it is VERY ambiguous.
    Literally, losing eligibility means banned from participating in any ISU activities, and ISU sanctioned events (shows included) are not ISU events. So whether or not ISU sanctioned competitions are ISU activities is very ambiguous.
    Logically it's very clear that Plush can participate in Russian Nationals from ISU point of view.
    Last edited by sorcerer; 09-29-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Custom Title
    Ignorance. The root and the stem of every evil.
    I might be naively interpreting it, what about lavender's original quote was particularly ignorant?

all I had meant is that RF is not in charge to provide officially any help, all they can do is forward the papers of his application as it is supposed to be done and the body to take any decision is only ISU and none else. Really, i feel like I m writing tomato and people read potato.
    I think this is what seniorita is trying to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoUSrtw6gJs

Fred and Ginger expressed it this way - check out the skates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskTy...eature=related

If ant was around he would say it this way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcHKm...eature=related
    Last edited by janetfan; 09-29-2010 at 04:20 PM.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    ...Really, i feel like I m writing tomato and people read potato.

No at least I read tomato all right.

As I see, you are basically saying that RF doesn't have any authority to reinstain Plush's eligibility and can only pass on the beaurocratic papers, while Jaana is saying that Plush himself can't contact ISU by the ISU's regulations and that it's only the RF who can do so.
    So RF helps the outer potato but can't help the tomato essence inside the potato.
    Am I wrong?

So RF helps the outer potato but can't help the tomato essence inside the potato.
    Lol, it took me some minutes to get this, but yes this is what ISU rules say! :D

^ Wait a minute, are you sure?

I thought the rules said:

(1) Only the ISU can grant reinstatement; and

(2) Only the Russian Federation can request that their skater be reinstated.

In other words, Plushenko has no status to make any requests to the ISU. Only the Russian Federation (a member of the ISU, which Plushenko is not) can initiate this petition.

Is this right?

The part that I am most curious about is this. Can the ISU put pressure of some sort on the Japanese Federation to "disinvite" Plushenko if Plushenko doesn't make some nice noises? Can the ISU make muttered threats against the eligible skaters who are signed to participate in the Japan Open, along the lines that they will be in the doghouse, too, if they participate in an event alongside an official black sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The part that I am most curious about is this. Can the ISU put pressure of some sort on the Japanese Federation to "disinvite" Plushenko if Plushenko doesn't make some nice noises? Can the ISU make muttered threats against the eligible skaters who are signed to participate in the Japan Open, along the lines that they will be in the doghouse, too, if they participate in an event alongside an official black sheep?
    I have been wondering about this since I read that a suspended Plushy was going to skate at the Japan Open.

Does anyone realize that Yuna could be effected by this? She could take her show around the wolrd during the GP season and then skate at Worlds. And others might follow......so I think this "letter business" is something that was worked out by the JSF and Speedy.

I can see Plushy being reinstated if he promises no more "Komrades on Ice" during the ISU season.

Or maybe not.......

There is no longer such a thing as an elite amateur competitive skater since they all get perks from their feds, ISU and anywhere else they can.

What could be at stake is ISU's stranglehold on figure skating. I hope speedy loses......but don't think he will yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast