Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko writes letter to ISU

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ Wait a minute, are you sure?
    I thought the rules said:

(1) Only the ISU can grant reinstatement; and

(2) Only the Russian Federation can request that their skater be reinstated.

In other words, Plushenko has no status to make any requests to the ISU. Only the Russian Federation (a member of the ISU, which Plushenko is not) can initiate this petition.

Is this right?
    Mathman dont frustrate me as well, yes this is exactly what I had said in the previous thread, what i was trying to say as well in this Rf must ask for him, not Plushy alone, and then only ISU decides, ok in my own words... What ISU can say for the black sheep (lol), he doesnt break any of their rules skating in Japan Open..

Jntfan Weir did pretty much the same, withdrew from worlds (for no health reasons but his personal reasons but ISu doesnt say for which reasons you can withdraw with no consequences) and skated in the same Koi, but fortunately Isu didnt bother..btw Plushy skated 8797896 shows in Japan this summer, from June to September, most if not all as headliner, i m not sure he waited Japan Open to make money.

I dont understand the Yuna part, why she cant skate in shows and then go to worlds? She said she wont go to Gp. Didnt Plushenko do the same after 2006, skated to shows until 2009, Isu didnt say anything, and he had not retired officially. And LAmbiel skated to shows in the season he retired. Maybe if you take the season off , ISU cant say anything, although I havent seen this written, maybe they bothered only by injury withdrawal.
    Last edited by seniorita; 09-29-2010 at 05:41 PM.

OK, I think I am zeroing in on this. Plushenko speaks only to Piseev. Piseev speaks only to Cinquanta. And Cinquanta speaks only to God.

About Weir and the others who skated in the Russian show, I think the difference is that Weir obtained permission from the USFSA, but Plushenko did not (bother to) get permission from the Russian Federation. So it must be that Piseev was the one who got his nose out of joint by this slight, and decided to teach Plushenko a lesson by siccing Cinquanta on him. (?)

So now a humble Evgeny nust make amends to Piseev, then Piseev will pass the message back up the ladder to Cinquanta that all is well in Plushy-ville after all.. (I love this!)

About Yu-na and others who might want to put on shows during the Grand Prix season, I think Janetfan is right that Cinquanta could raise the threat of not letting them skate at Worlds.

In the seasons when Michelle skipped the Grand Prix but wanted to skate at Worlds she always did the October cheesefest a week before the first GP event in October, then she did the Christmas cheesefest (usually in Detroit ) in the week after the Grand Prix Final.

Custom Title
    I think Mathman's analysis of the Plushenko situation is correct; if the Russian Federation "pleads" Evgeni's case to the ISU, under the current rules, he can gain reinstatement. Regarding Kim, my understanding is that since the All that Skate show in LA is about three weeks before the start of the Grand Prix series, it is no problem, since the Korean skating federation is on board. However, I don't think Kim can do any shows from the mid/end of October until after the GPF, without risking her ISU eligibility. Could be wrong but that's my take on the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think the difference is that Weir obtained permission from the USFSA, but Plushenko did not (bother to) get permission from the Russian Federation. So it must be that Piseev was the one who got his nose out of joint by this slight, and decided to teach Plushenko a lesson by siccing Cinquanta on him. (?)
    You know that (according to RF site) Plushenko did bother to take permission first place and 4 nights before the show God said to Ciquanta to say to ISU to say to RF to say to Plush not to skate there and that if Rf didnt take the permission back, they would penalize the federation, right? this is the other side of the ladder why they didnt use the elevator is beyond me...

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Well the difference between Weir and Plush is that Weir just said "I won't skate Worlds because I don't feel like it" (in priciple, guessing), while Plush said "I won't skate Worlds because doctor says I'm injured".

Plush should have said the same as Johnny if that was his mind, or, if it was that he actually initially wanted to go he could have said more accurately that he won't participate because "Doctor says I can't jump quad right now since quads are much more harmfull to the knee than triples, and without quad it's meanigless to me".

This season Yuna's case is something different, unlike Plush or Weir or Lysacek or Rochette.
    She participated and medaled in Worlds and has become a seeded skater, which the ISU deems a skater responsible* for making the GP series worthwhile and prestigeous. (* This I don't necessarily agree, but for the ISU.)
    The others I mentioned are not seeded skaters so basically they can do anything in the GP season.

Mathman, I think the Kwan case was not what the ISU wanted things to be, she was handled IMO sort of grudgingly as an exception and let go with the least obligation which is not to disturb the GPs. (So that the "priority" would be superficially kept.)
    Last edited by sorcerer; 09-30-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: presitigeous > prestigeous

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    You know that (according to RF site) Plushenko did bother to take permission first place and 4 nights before the show God said to Ciquanta to say to ISU to say to RF to say to Plush not to skate there and that if Rf didnt take the permission back, they would penalize the federation, right? this is the other side of the ladder why they didnt use the elevator is beyond me...
    Seniorita, please don't ever stop posting. You make me smile, and at the end of a long and grueling workday, that's a gift!

I know that Plushenko can be an irritant to the ISU, but he's one of the most exciting skaters around, and unless the ISU has someone as compelling as he waiting in the wings, they should figure out a way to let him back in without losing face or bring chaos to the proceedings. It's not as if fans are beating down the doors of the stadium to come watch skating. We need more fans, and charismatic performers like Plushenko make skating more interesting to people who don't know a triple loop from a loop-de-loop.

Custom Title
    Plushenko - the Harry Potter of skating.

Custom Title
    Mathman dont frustrate me as well, yes this is exactly what I had said in the previous thread, what i was trying to say as well in this Rf must ask for him, not Plushy alone, and then only ISU decides, ok in my own words...
    Actually that is what I have been saying all the time: Plushenko needs the help of the RF, LOL.... And Plushenko himself is saying: <“Today I wrote a letter to the figure skating federation chief Alexander Gorshkov,” Plushenko said. “I’m asking the ruling body to contact ISU to help me restore my amateur status..>
    Last edited by Jaana; 09-30-2010 at 02:55 AM.

fine, you say he needs help, I didnt use the word help and said he needs to forward the papers through RF as a procedure, aren't you bored by now? I am.

Custom Title
    All the info is very confuse...
    Mishin says that they have sent a letter, Jana (wife of Eugeny) says that it has been delivered in hand to Gorshkov (president of the Russian federation) and both Piseev and Gorshkov have denied that no letter has come to them...
    I believe that simply we will have to wait....

http://www.izvestia.ru/sport/article3146694/
    http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20100928/280190350.html
    http://sport.baltinfo.ru/2010/09/29/...katciyu-164503

Custom Title
    We will count on the Russian speakers on the forum to keep us up to date! Thanks, Calica.

if you are a plushy fan you are never bored, it is all about the drama , so the postman was fired on Tuesday and now letters are send from hand to hand from st peters to moscow? and who gave the ghost letter to RF since evgeni / mishin are in japan?

Custom Title
    if you are a plushy fan you are never bored, it is all about the drama , so the postman was fired on Tuesday and now letters are send from hand to hand from st peters to moscow? and who gave the ghost letter to RF since evgeni / mishin are in japan?
    >giggle<

And while we're on the subject, are we sure Plushy is the Harry Potter of skating? Wouldn't he prefer to be the Draco Malfoy of skating? (and he's even blond like Draco....)

Custom Title
    Love it!

How come almost every move of skaters is so transparent in Russia which has amazed me time and again but in North America where it's supposely open and free couldn't be like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    >giggle<

And while we're on the subject, are we sure Plushy is the Harry Potter of skating? Wouldn't he prefer to be the Draco Malfoy of skating? (and he's even blond like Draco....)
    ok i know he is labeled the bad guy but he is not that bad. If he is to be the bad at least let him be Voldemort, not the supporting character. oh I miss Ant here (and a bunch more)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast