Which senior male are you most excited about this season? | Golden Skate

Which senior male are you most excited about this season?

Which senior male figure skater are you most excited about this season?

• Total voters

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Takahashi, by far! He won't be a surprise but he's the most exciting male skater in this group. He might have his quad flip ready.:rock:

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Takahashi, by far! He won't be a surprise but he's the most exciting male skater in this group. He might have his quad flip ready.:rock:

I agree. I haven't been so excited about a male skater since Alexei Yagudin. Talk about having it all. But I see that Adam Rippon is winning ... not surprising he's is undoubtely seen as the hope for U.S. men's skating. And all that is fine. But the part me that loves superheros wants to see Takahashi win three more world golds and then the Olympic gold.:thumbsup:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I stick to jeremy, but I'm soooo nervous for him.

How I wish him a fantastic, super, awesome new season! :love:

Layfan

Record Breaker
I stick to jeremy, but I'm soooo nervous for him.

How I wish him a fantastic, super, awesome new season! :love:

Me too :)

But you summed it up: I'm more nervous for him than excited. Hopefully, that will change.

Go Jeremy!!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Takahashi for sure, he's really come close to perfection in the last year and I think he's the best guy out there right now, but also Brezina because he showed a lot of promise last year. Annnd Shawn Sawyer because I just like him, haha.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I would have to say Jeremy. He is the top U.S. man, with Johnny and probably Evan out of the picture this season. It will be interesting to see if he can bring the house down at Nationals and Worlds.

mot

On the Ice
I am a big fan of Daisuke, so obviously I am so delighted that he's competing this season - he was implying that he wouldn't before the Olympics - and excited. I love both of his programmes this season - they can be masterpieces.

However, I voted Joubert! I saw his new free on youtube and OMG he's really pushing himself this season! Trying something new and all. I think Beethoven's 9th Symphony is a great choice for him and if he pulls it off, it can be spectacular.

Last edited:

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I voted for Rippon. I think he'll have a breakout season. He's already defeated Takahashi and Plushenko.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I am thrilled to see Yuzuru Hanyu's senior GP debut >.<
I can't wait to see what the little 15 year old can do up against the older men!

Kati

On the Ice
That's difficult... I'm excited about so many of them: Daisuke, Adam, Florent, Kozuka, Verner, Hanuy, Brezina (hopefully he recovers soon)!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Taka" K. :love: , Adam, Jeremy, Armin, Michal Brezina (hope he has a speedy recovery), Keegan (nationally, isn't he still competing as a junior on the international level?)! :biggrin:

Last edited:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I want to believe in Brian but unfortunately it looks like I have no grounds for that.:think:

lcd

Match Penalty
Interesting to see that Oda gets results in the record books but fails to excite. Why is that?
Brezina is handicapped by being out this season but clearly he will have his time to 'excite' someday soon.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This poll was set up before the season got underway. People probably feel quite differently now. A new poll would be interesting.

As a researcher of stock market cycles and a contrarian investor, I see people have voted the same way most invest, by going with what is hot at the time and by sentiments - facts, trends, and factors be damned.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I've voted for Takahashi before the season started. Now my answer will definitely, absolutely, no contest, be Patrick Chan!:biggrin:

Last edited:

Snoopy

Rinkside
I LOVE Adam Rippon - wish he was going to Worlds so I could see him skate one more time this season. He's my new fav.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for Chan, but I´m as much excited about e.g. Takahashi, Kozuka, Brezina, Amodio, Abbott and Rippon.