View Poll Results: Most "charismatic" skater?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oksana Baiul

13 3.60%
  • Kurt Browning

76 21.05%
  • Jeffrey Buttle

24 6.65%
  • Sasha Cohen

20 5.54%
  • Rudy Galindo

8 2.22%
  • Ekaterina Gordeeva

9 2.49%
  • Jamie Sale

14 3.88%
  • Katarina Witt

19 5.26%
  • Alexei Yagudin

100 27.70%
  • YOUR suggestions?

78 21.61%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Which skater has the most charisma?

Tripping on the Podium
    I have to say the skater w/ the most charisma is Scott Hamilton, so I had to w/ my own... But Alexei & Kurt are also very charismatic. & I'm surprised no one has mentioned Kristi Yamaguchi - I think she too has plenty of charisma also...

Argentinian wonder ;)
    Originally posted by windspirit
    Staviyski is not Bulgarian. He's Russian, actually. :D
    Well, he's Russian because he was born there, and Bulgarian because he got the nationality in order to compete representing that country, and in a few years he'll be married to a bulgarian women to (Albena)He's really charismatic, and hot to.

Rinkside
    IMO.....Alexander Abt.....

The man has it all!!!!!

Medalist
    I'm coming in a bit late. :D

I voted "your suggestions" :

I'm going to bring up a couple of "lesser knowns" who are personal faves of mine, and are crowd pleasers par excellence - Doug Mattis and Shep Clark.

Doug was just *born* to perform, I believe, and so for that matter was Shep.

On the Ice
    My own suggestion is Evegeny Plushenko. He has grown during the years and developed his own style, he is def the most charismatic skater in Europe, at least in my opinion.

My other favorite is Elvis Stojko. He's a natural.

When it comes to female skaters, Michelle and Sasha both get my votes.

OOPS The wrong thread!!!

Joe
    Last edited by Joesitz; 06-14-2004 at 03:59 PM.

Custom Title
    Michelle Kwan

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by All that Jazz
    I realize this section is desperately in need for a new poll, although I'm almost sure this one is neither really new (somehow I sense something like this has been posted here before) nor especially original. Here's MY "charisma"-selection, but all of your suggestions are welcome!
    It is totally beyond me on what basis you made your "charisma" selection. Where is one of the most charismatic skaters of our time - Evgeni Plushenko? I presume you know there is such a skater.
    And what happened to Michelle Kwan in your selection?

Libra - speechless astounded

Custom Title
    Evgeny Plushenko

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by libra 1
    It is totally beyond me on what basis you made your "charisma" selection. Where is one of the most charismatic skaters of our time - Evgeni Plushenko? I presume you know there is such a skater.
    And what happened to Michelle Kwan in your selection?

Libra - speechless astounded
    Dear Libra!

Shame on me I didn't include Evgeny in my selection, of course he has a certain extend of charisma. :o Just wish you'd be a little more realistic and modest when it comes to your idol. Don't you know that other Russian guy already is the BEST!!! and most charismatic skater of ALL times?

As for Michelle: I like her, she's a great skater and a nice girl, but I don't find her charismatic at all. I know it's my fault, that's why I created the "Your suggestions" category, particulary for you.

With love - Jazz
    (Still speechless?)

Custom Title
    I voted for other, and would choose skaters like Candeloro and Ilia Kulik. From the list it would be Hamilton and Browning. Also Plushenko has plenty of charisma.

To me charisma is something which I´m able to feel coming out of the skater´s inside and that is totally different from an athletic performance that is cleverly choreographed to give a disillusion and of a skater having charisma.
    Last edited by Jaana; 07-11-2004 at 05:39 AM.

On the Ice
    [QUOTE=All that Jazz][I]Dear Libra!

Shame on me I didn't include Evgeny in my selection, of course he has a certain extend of charisma. :o Just wish you'd be a little more realistic and modest when it comes to your idol. Don't you know that other Russian guy already is the BEST!!! and most charismatic skater of ALL times?

To All that Jazz:
    When you speak about other Rusian guy - the best and most charismatic skater - do you mean Alexei Urmanov?

Libra, from Russia, with love

Rinkside
    Well for right now it's Kwan and Plushenko. They are the skaters that make the whole arena sit up and take notice. I think Alexei had it but now he kinda lost some of it... :sheesh:

Custom Title
    IMO charisma is actually something that Yagudin definitely hasn't lost and that allows him to skate and get standing ovations from the audiences no matter what the program is. The injury may affect the quality of his programs and his skating, but when you skate to a program like the rock one he used in SOI last year and it gets standing ovations, charisma is sure one of the factors playing.

I too think Plushenko was missing on the poll, but not Michelle. One of the top skaters of the last decade and loved by millions? Absolutely. Charismatic? No LOL But Alexei Urmanov and charismatic in the same sentence? Urmanov was a fantastic (and gorgeous lol) skater for sure but charisma is probably the last word that would define him!

Libra, let me enlighten you if you allow me :D When All that Jazz referred to the best Russian skater and the most charismatic, she was obviously, completely, noooooo question, without a single doubt! talking about Yagudin :D I mean who could she be talking about??? Four time World champion (the first Russian man to win Worlds in fact), 3 time european champion, Olympic Gold medallist (with all first place ordinals in both parts of the competition), the man with most 6.0 ever given in Olympic Games, received wonderfully by audiences all over the world, whether he is skating in Japan, Canada, USA, Europe... But it's more than obvious All that Jazz was talking about Yagudin :D (I believe you know him? He is the skater that together with Plushenko played one of the best rivalries in men's skating ever and that won the first Olympic Games Plushenko participated, where he finished second? That's the Yagudin I'm talking about :D)

Rinkside
    You know I think you're right about Yags definetly having charisma. I was thinking of something else. I guess charisma is what he *has* but "quality" is what's missing now. I don't know, but ever since SOI Alexei doesn't hold my attention as much anymore. :\

I disagree though about Michelle. I'm not a kwanatic my any means, I'm not even that crazy about her skating, but Michelle as a person out there on the ice always holds my attention and makes me "believe" in what she's doing. Maybe it comes across to some people but not to others? :\

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast